MMC's Mirage turned out to be real nice:

Got it on preorder, but I did hesitate a lot. My final conclusion was, it got die-cast and rubber tires, which the official Mirage will never have (if they do decide to release Mirage someday). I do think the box is ugly though.

Good on the 3rd parties for at least trying to provide little quality touches like that in their product, when Takara simply went the cheap route. I look at my Binaltechs, and those things are what I think of when I hear Masterpiece. If my BT Silverstreak fell off the shelf and hit me in the head, I'd probably receive a concussion. :lol:

I can understand not using die-cast due to weight, wear on joints, costs, etc, but rubber tires should be a minimal given on anything labeled Masterpiece. At least, I think so.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how solid it will look from the side. Since it has a fake chest it seems like that the whole hood/bonnet part will be the torso and the engine part will be covered with the rear lid and the spoiler. It is a good take on the character since Takara seems to be stuck on the MP-09 transformation scheme.

27551793d1447637321-fanstoys-ft-17-hoodl

27551794d1447637321-fanstoys-ft-17-hoodl

I've found my "MP Hot Rod". And it isn't MP-28!

OMG!!! I think my heart skipped a few beats then I saw these photos. If this turned out to be true, I'll definitely cancel my MP-28 preorder. I’ll gladly double dip on this figure from FT. The “fake chest” as most of you call it, is just like MP-09 transformation, which does not bother me one bit. Even the flames on bot mode and alt mode looks exactly like MP-09. The cockpit does seem to open and there’s more interior room than the one on MP-09. I think this is the improved version of MP-09 Hot Rod and I absolutely love it.

Where’s the preorder button!!!

Looks awesome - yes, definitely - I really dig it.

But lets not jump the gun until we see the actual prototype. This looks largely unfinished and not final at all, the 3D rendering is stock standard, lots of detail and sculoting to go!

Good ideas in there, lets just see if they can be executed to a high degree.

It's nice, but that seam down the middle of the windscreen will be hard to ignore.

The one on the hood too but not bad.

I believed those lines in the center are just reference guide, making sure the Hood, Engine, Windshield, and spoiler are all aligned correctly.

It looks ok, I dunno what everyone is getting all excited for though. Maybe when the comparison photos start popping up it'll make a difference. Having the back of the legs flip up and be chairs is cool I guess...

Because MP Hot Rodimus looks terrible. ^_^

FT-16 is "Galvatron". Maybe Takara will make an MP Galvatron.

Meh...we need a new MP Megatron before they do Galvatron.

Appollyon is a good placeholder, but I'd like to see Takara make an official toy.

That is a pretty amazing Galvatron. Hopefully, the cannon mode is just as good.

More excited about the Cyclonus silhouette, though. I was on the fence about getting Xtransbot's Eligos, but I think I'll wait and see how FT's version turns out.

Edited by M'Kyuun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone picked up DX9'sTyrant? I love Galvatron, and I thought Mania King was incredible, but everything I've seen on Tyrant makes him seem that much better. Curious to see what other MW'ers think...

Has anyone picked up DX9'sTyrant? I love Galvatron, and I thought Mania King was incredible, but everything I've seen on Tyrant makes him seem that much better. Curious to see what other MW'ers think...

Take a look at Fanstoys Galvatron (Sovereign):

04__scaled_600.jpg

Sovereign looks good, but it's too early along to say if it's better than Tyrant. Especially without seeing the alt mode, which I feel like Tyrant really nailed. For now, I'm still leaning toward Tyrant, though. In some ways, Sovereign looks more animation-accurate, but Tyrant looks more menacing and more dynamic.