Everything from the waist up on the Galv looks good. Not feeling the legs.

Too tube shaped and the feet are too claw like. They also seem a bit undersized.

Edited by Gakken85

Very nice! Looks like an upscaled Mania King with a few improvements. Unique Toys should be kicking themselves right now.

This one is by DX-9, which is the name Unique Toys uses for their "MPish" toys. There are way too many company names swinging around in the unlicensed TF circus. Sometimes I wonder if it's all just the same three guys using a hundred different names. :lol:

This one is by DX-9, which is the name Unique Toys uses for their "MPish" toys. There are way too many company names swinging around in the unlicensed TF circus. Sometimes I wonder if it's all just the same three guys using a hundred different names. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

the_more_you_know2_zpsb7858e56.jpg

Edited by RD Blade

That makes me more interested. Mania King was awesome.

I'll probably be going with the XTB Galvatron.

I think Toyworld's Devestator looks better than Gravity Builder, which I passed on because I thought the bots and combined mode were too squat looking. Toyworld's looks to be based on the Studio OX design and is about 20" tall

11863291_107188906298212_347030185074514
11831793_107188902964879_338213701604399
11800320_107188909631545_597318376787359

I'll wait patiently for XTB to reveal their full figure Galvatron. DX9 Tyrant got the face/head dead on, the Cannon is also cool, but the rest I'm not liking it.

Nearly 20" tall, Toyworld's Devastator looks impressive, will have to see if I could afford it. Thank goodness Long Haul is not obese like from the other 3P Long Haul. Now if only someone would also make the Aerial bots this size too.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Bold Forms is making an "MP" Megatron. Meh I'll stick with my MP Megatron from XTB.

Well, it does have a tank mode. I'll probably hang on to Apollyon as well. I just wish an official MP Megs 2.0 would come out already.

Now if only someone would also make the Aerial bots this size too.

This. Many times this.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

That makes me more interested. Mania King was awesome.

Yeah, and DX-9 has some truly fantastic toys in terms of quality of materials and construction. If you really like what you see in photos you're almost guaranteed to like one of their toys in hand.

Yeah, and DX-9 has some truly fantastic toys in terms of quality of materials and construction. If you really like what you see in photos you're almost guaranteed to like one of their toys in hand.

Good to hear. The deciding factor for whether to buy it or not is going to be price... it turns out having a baby is sort of like setting a big pile of money on fire, only with more poop and less sleep. But like I said, I love Mania King, and I'm digging what I'm seeing so far.

All you guys waiting on XTB's can have it. So far, it looks too cartoony for me (although, arguably, more toon-accurate).

As for Bold Form's Megatron, I want to say that Apollyon looks better, but I have to give Bold Form credit where for coming up with a triple-changing design that looks pretty good in all three modes. Might be worth checking out.

Hey congrats on your daughter! I didn't notice your signature until now. I know what you mean about money. My girl will be 4 in November which means I've been buying a LOT less stuff over the last four years. Pre-kiddo I pretty much just bought whatever I wanted but now I have to think more about what I really want and prioritize. Which is good for me because less impulse buying means less regret.

The larger DX-9 toys are on the expensive side. Their Astrotrain is $155, the upcoming Rodimus and Galvatron are each $165.

Hey congrats on your daughter! I didn't notice your signature until now. I know what you mean about money. My girl will be 4 in November which means I've been buying a LOT less stuff over the last four years. Pre-kiddo I pretty much just bought whatever I wanted but now I have to think more about what I really want and prioritize. Which is good for me because less impulse buying means less regret.

The larger DX-9 toys are on the expensive side. Their Astrotrain is $155, the upcoming Rodimus and Galvatron are each $165.

^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Toyworld's Long Haul and Mixmaster are more like the G1 designs, but the other four look like the Hasbro versions with the improvements that naturally come from each Constructicon costing almost as much as Hasbro's entire set.

I mean, it's nice, don't get me wrong. And if you have the $500-$600 to spend, go for it, for sure. I just still think the Hasbro one is pretty good for $150.

That said, I'm probably going to buy Dr. Wu's Mixmaster replacement.

I too prefer big Dinos, that’s why I went with Giga. Combiner Dinos are cool, but I don’t have the founding source for it.

On another note: I finally got some free time and started on fixing Giga Gutter’s loose hip, legs, and toe, and half of the dino’s neck. Upon inspections, I’ve found that one of the hip/thigh had the thread striped and the screw can no longer grip. This leg could've fell apart anytime. I replace the original (black) screw with a tad longer (silver) screw. And one of the toe was loose (to my surprise, metal toe), so I’ve added nail polish.

post-7962-0-92790700-1441045066_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-42445600-1441045072_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-66372200-1441045078_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-38883300-1441045084_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie2008

• 2 weeks later...

MMCs Feral Rex repaint looks super cool and would be right down my alley with the black and purple (Skywarp yay). However I can't justify buying another one. :(:(:(

Maybe someday....

the good news is that there might be a possibility that their IDW Lockdown called Jaegertron might come with a trophy locker that includes 5 IDW Predacons heads that could also fit on the Feral Rex members:

27540369d1442030063-stgcc-2015-pictures-

[edit:] fixed stupid typo.

Edited by Scyla