Yeah, I was under the impression that the Classics Astrotrain and previous release of Toyworld's Not-Astrotrain were based off of the G1 toy's colors, and that gray Astrotrain was used in the cartoon and based on a catalog photo, not the toy that we actually got.

To me, Badcube's Sunstreaker looks closer to what I'd expect Takara to make, but I'm more drawn to Omnigonix's version. The beefier proportions look better to me, and I like the detail on the back of the ankle area, and the deep tinted glass.

I think Takara nailed the proportions on Sideswipe, esp the thighs ( the wide hood doesn't bother me). While I absolutely LOVE MP Prowl, the thighs are just a touch too skinny, but the rest of the figure, and all his articulation, more than make up for it. But the skinny thigh design carried over to Wheeljack and Ironhide as well, and I'm sensing a bit of a trend, although Tracks' thighs look proportionate to me so far.

However, it's interesting to see two very good interpretations of Sunstreaker, but with slightly different proportions, and I wonder which way Takara will go if and when they produce their own. I'd hope they'd try to match MP Sideswipe's proportions, but I have a feeling theirs will be closer to Badcube's.

Comparing Willy and Gundog, I was intially sold more on Willy, but the more I look at Gundog, the more he just looks right- a really great take on the character IMO. Given its resemblance to Classics Hound, one of my top 10 TF toys of all time, I must admit bias. However, since Hound remains one of the more popular G1 characters, I think he'll get an official MP release eventually ( hopefully on the heels of Ironhide/Ratchet).

Cancelled?

Not canceled. Omnigonix posted this morning at TFW2005.

Back onto updates; well, nothing more to add other than it is still going ahead, paint apps are still in the air - chrome could be a possibility; judging by the feedback. I can confirm it will feature 2 heads, one as in the last image shown of the second prototype and also one of the curved ears.

Production and news has been slow - there's only so much I can say as the source of news for Omnigonix while other things are happening that aren't really my business to share. I'm sorry, thats the way it is. I can't change that.

Between the two, I do think that Badcube's altmode is closer to MP Sideswipe's. I think both bots have pros and cons.

Not canceled. Omnigonix posted this morning at TFW2005.

Between the two, I do think that Badcube's altmode is closer to MP Sideswipe's. I think both bots have pros and cons.

Lovely, thanks for that. Considering Sunstreaker's character and G1 likeness, I think chrome is a necessity for a MP of Sideswipe's narcissistic bro.

Is Warbotron Bruticus worth getting?

I am not too much into Transformers and have only owned the 60cm Titan Metroplex. Though, I do like Bruticus since it is the only military oriented transformer.

Hard to tell. I would say no but I don't own the toy. Many who have the toy have a Stockholm syndrome and would say yes but can you trust them? ^_^

No that that's out of th way I would say it depends on your tastes.

I think it looks cool but has several issues. The individual bots have several parts-formery bits and each has its own set of problems with production quality. In limb mode the arms have the weird thigh gaps in their for arms and some parts that don't lock into place (Blast Offs arms for example).

On the other hand the truck bed as a 6th member makes for a great and powerful silhouette.

I think if your not playing with the individual toys and you dig the looks Warbotron is a good center piece of a toy collection.

From the combiners I own I really like Feral Rex because each individual bit is a great transforming robot toy that is fun to play with.

Unique Toys Ordin sounds like it has a great combine mode from the reports but I thin that the individual bots, with the exception of Troll, are lacking.

From what I've heard Warbotron improved their design and engineering for their Computron. So if you like their aesthetics and you are a fan of the Technobots you might find a better offering their.

I think Baltmatrix reviewed all the parts of Warbotron so you can search for his reviews if you need more input for your decision:

Is Warbotron Bruticus worth getting?

I am not too much into Transformers and have only owned the 60cm Titan Metroplex. Though, I do like Bruticus since it is the only military oriented transformer.

Personally, I'm holding off for Combiner Wars Bruticus. Aside from being official, the flaws are easier to overlook when the whole thing costs less than one third-party limb. It doesn't hurt that Onslaught is a retool of Hot Spot, the best Combiner Wars torso so far, and Swindle looks like a retool of Rook, one of the best limbs. Not happy about Blast Off being a repaint of Slingshot, though (especially when his head would have been more accurate if they'd used Fireflight instead), but there's always hope Takara will redo Blast Off the way they did Groove.

Personally, I'm holding off for Combiner Wars Bruticus. Aside from being official, the flaws are easier to overlook when the whole thing costs less than one third-party limb. It doesn't hurt that Onslaught is a retool of Hot Spot, the best Combiner Wars torso so far, and Swindle looks like a retool of Rook, one of the best limbs. Not happy about Blast Off being a repaint of Slingshot, though (especially when his head would have been more accurate if they'd used Fireflight instead), but there's always hope Takara will redo Blast Off the way they did Groove.

I think a Takara Blast-Off based on the Alpha-Bravo skeleton is a possibility.

I think the only thing Warbotron's Bruticus has going for it is its size. Frankly, it looks like an over detailed mess with all the engraved bits and pieces. If they had only toned that down a bit I would buy him. The only individual limb I like is Heavy Noisy with its decent looking tank alt mode.

As for Utopia, it was hard at first to swallow the price, but that went all out the window once I started messing with him. Utopia's very sturdy-I'm not afraid of manhandling him and breaking something. I always wanted a better Metroplex so he's tops in my book.

How are the Metroplex citizen figures? Are they so small that I would lose them, like those Gundam ones from Megahouse warships? I would also like to know if a to scale combined devastator comes with the set.

Those Citizen Set figures are MEGA tiny, like 1cm tiny. I know I'd probably lose them. And yes, the mini Devy figure goes with the set. It would've been nice if they were included with Utopia itself.

I see FanToys Quakwave is getting a re-issue, sadly since I have zero interest in attempting to collect MP cons, there's just not enough of them, this guy is gonna be another pass, nice for everyone else who missed out though.

Edited by Tking22

I finally got my hands on Megatron and Brawn.

Nice. I'm enjoying Apollyon/Megatron too. I see you have the metallic version of Guttur. How is that holding up? I have the chrome version on pre-order and have been debating with whether I should wait patiently for it or request the metallic version instead.

I see FanToys Quakwave is getting a re-issue, sadly since I have zero interest in attempting to collect MP cons, there's just not enough of them, this guy is gonna be another pass, nice for everyone else who missed out though.

I'll be passing on FansToys reissue too, even though there's a nice selection this time for those who waited. My original release Quakewave is still really solid and I don't have any impulse to get another.

But I am interested in Qaukeblast from Cloud 9, and may pick that up to add some variety, especially if they end up doing different paint schemes.

Edited by technoblue