I think I've settled on getting all the FP Dinos but I might pick up Grimmys from other companies if they meet my fancy. He is my favorite :)

I don't understand why the combiner arms still have the arm robot thighs as forearms and the hips as elbow joints. MMC (Feral Rex) and Unique Toys (Ordin) have shown ideas how to implement better solutions but haven't developed the ideas further. I also don't understand why the arms of not-Blastoff just hang there in arm mode with no locking tabs (or did I missed something?)

But how do you like Warbotron? I think the idea with the trailer that forms the lower legs was a great idea but overall I think that the toy looks too busy.

How do you like the massive silver combiner parts on the Toyworld bot?

Personally I'm looking forward to the MMC version of the studio Ox Guardian. I love their Feral Rex so I want to see what new combiner tech they introduce. I'm really bummed that they didn't tackle Piranacon or Abominus in the Feral Rex aesthetic.

New Reflector figure from MakeToys: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=mkt10023&mode=retail&utm_source=Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Marketing&utm_content=

I wonder how it'll stack up against the Not-Reflector from Fans Toys? I can't get both, so it'll be tough to choose which one to get.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FTS10011&mode=retail

Both versions look good to me; there's no mistaking who they are, but there's something about the Maketoys that I like better. Not liking the price tag, though. I understand why, but the high cost of most 3rd party stuff has deterred me. If I do go for a 3rd party toy, it'll be Apollyon. Great looking figure for a decent price at the MP scale.

GigaPower just showed off their chromed version of Gutter. More photos on their facebook page.

11411623_1593695494230976_1899207013280411406321_1593695480897644_84899183771483

10683567_1593695497564309_49613529278311

Meh, I dont like it. Or the first version. Cant stand the legs on the outside. Like the esthetic of the FT one

20150613_095310_zpsptnrouf8.jpg

Love the gun. The best of the combinors

20150613_095251_zpsq7ifh5my.jpg

20150613_095247_zpsypinlubz.jpg

The head reminds me of SOC GoaGaiGar

20150613_095200_zpstmx3nc14.jpg

20150613_095154_zpsbyfbgue6.jpg

20150613_095149_zpsj2nehw3g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great Apollyon and Warbotron pics! I have one loose rivet on my Apollyon that I'm going to try and tighten when I have some time this weekend. It's more of a nitpick than an issue, though.

GigaPower sold me on picking up MP-sized Dinobots again with Guttur (not-Snarl). The metallic version has some creative shading on the tail, too. It was a tough choice to pick one version over the other, but I'm going with the chrome reissue. I'm a sucker for the red dino eyes and the extra shine. As for the physical aesthetics, I find that I prefer GigaPower's muscular/beefy look for Snarl to FansToys toon accurate look. For my head canon, it makes sense that a stegosaurus would transform into a hulking robot. Not that FansToys is a slouch. They have more of their dinobots out, and FT-05 Soar is incredibly tempting. I could easily pick up the blue version today, but I'm also interested in a possible FT-05X reissue.

LoL! I think I have more 3P pre-orders in my Transformers queue than official releases this year.

Peaugh has the two testshots for Unique Toys Ordin (Not Abominus) and uploaded two videos that show the transformation and the cobination into Ordin

After the project was first revealed I mistook if for a new MMC combiner because it was so different from their first combine Warlord. After it was clear that the combiner is in fact from Unique Toys I was quite impressed in the jump in quality and aesthetics from their previous offerings (and I was sad that we didn't get an MMC Abominus).

Especially after the first bot (Troll aka Blot) I was blown away by the transformation. It was creative, all the parts locked into place and from the video it looked like the plastic was high quality also. After the second bot (Alberich aka Rippersnapper) I thought that the arm mode was clever with the hidden elbow joint and the way they dealt with the thighs as forearms problem. I was disappointed from the fact that the beast mode arms had no place to hide or at least peg in. Also the rectangular shape in all three modes was a strange fallback into the dark and much simpler Warlord times.

From there on out the project went downhill fast. Sinnertwin was a weird box with bolted on limbs, Cutthroat has additional parts sticking out all over his body with no where to go and Hun-Gurrr had some strange proportions in the two necks of his twin heads as well as a pretty boxy stature. Plus all the chest and waist bits are not integrated into Hun-Gurrr.

Now I can understand that they went for the G1 toon design and my favorite combiner MMCs Feral Rex has so cons as well (like similar transforming limbs) but I think that Feral Rex did the combining beasts motive much better. Another point might be that Troll seems like a genuine awesome transforming toy.

What do you think now that all the parts are out? Am I overly critical? I would be interested in your opinions because I don't own any of the toys and I'm just a spectator form afar.

Man I wish MMC would do a Abominus and Piranacon combiner instead of their Studio Ox line. :(

...UT Abominus comments...

What do you think now that all the parts are out? Am I overly critical? I would be interested in your opinions because I don't own any of the toys and I'm just a spectator form afar.

Man I wish MMC would do a Abominus and Piranacon combiner instead of their Studio Ox line. :(

I think pretty much exactly what you wrote---Troll looked great. Rippersnapper was good but flawed--but subsequent releases copied/magnified Rippersnapper's flaws. They basically all ended up as "flat rectangles with 4 limbs stuck on the sides" in beast mode. And Hun-Grrr is the worst IMHO. He's just kinda ugly now---it's hard to make an un-cool dragon, but they managed it. He's just backwards---instead of two gracile necks and a stubby tail, he's got a long tail and fat stubby necks.

I do think they'd do a great Piranacon, "fixing the flaws/mistakes" from their experience with Ordin. UT is constantly improving, overall. If the "worst" Seacon was as good as Troll/Blot is---it could really be something. But even better would be an MMC Reformatted Piranacon. Dare I say---I think their Defensor is TOO G1?