I wonder why they would use ball joints for the shoulders. Is there not enough room for an universal swivel joint inside the shoulders? To me the ball jointed shoulders are one of the reasons not to get the figure.

I believe it was required for the transformation. But since I haven't tried to transform him myself, I can't say for sure. :D

According to an interview on TFW with the designer, that's correct. He played around with different designs but a ball joint was the only thing compact enough to allow the transformation to work.

Picked up Apollyon from the post office a couple hours ago. It's a great figure. I've been messing with it at work, it's my first 3P transformer and I must say i'm very impressed so far.

There's really no QC that I can tell, apart from the loose shoulders (no that loose on my copy but I'll use some nail polish to tighten them though).

The paint aplication is spot on. Great articulation, very imposing. It's the Megatron I always wanted, well worth the $150. My Takara MP5 will now rest forever in gun mode and Apollyon in robot mode.

Ah a new 3rd, 3rd party has entered the ring, now we'll wait and see who will take on the challenge. As for this MP Jazz, the vehicle mode is a but too high off the ground, hopefully it will be addressed at the end. One more race car to add to my carbots collection.

I think people are more used to the G1 toy's proportions, than the real thing. It's kinda like how MP Sideswipe looks "off"---because the real thing has a shorter/wider hood than the G1 toy, and the MP is matching the real car, not the G1 toy.

All the recent stuff is going for spot-on car proportions---and exotic/racing cars tend to have some oddities.

Jazz is just plain weird-looking----that's how his rear wheels are:

1976-Porsche-935-76.jpg

The back wheels look giant, and the front wheels don't look like they are touching the ground... maybe it's the angle but it doesn't look right to me.

It looks like somebody bent it and made it banana shape.

Surely I'm not the only one seeing that?

Edited by Gakken85

The back wheels look giant, and the front wheels don't look like they are touching the ground... maybe it's the angle but it doesn't look right to me.

I think the back wheels on the real car are bigger than the fronts, too.

And they're not touching the ground. There is no ground. Like I said, I'm pretty sure those are just renders at this stage. Even if that is an actual toy, at the very least it's 'shopped onto a gray background with some shadows added. Either way, you're not looking at an actual toy with tires on an actual surface.

Yeah I see it too. There is definitely something a little off about it. I think the hood needs to be a little flatter for starters. Side skirts, as stated above, need to be closer to the ground as well.

I think the face sculpt looks a little "young" too.

Edited by Silverstreak

Being a little 'off' is quite different from 'doesn't look like a Porsche 935'.

There isn't a Transformer toy in existence, unlicensed or licensed, that isn't a little 'off' in some aspect when compared to its real-world or animated counterpart. :)

It looks like a kid's toy proche 935. It's recognizable, but not amazing.

The MP Lambo in alt mode looks like a model to me. This does not.

Edited by Gakken85

Eh, to me it doesn't look any closer or farther off from the real car than Lambor does.

Also, as has been pointed out, it's a digital render so by it's nature it's not going to have an aura of realism since it's not real. :)

Have you bought any unlicensed TFs yet, Gakken? I was under the impression you were sort of opposed to them.

Yeah I've had a few. Reviewed Heavy Noisey actually.

Didn't keep them. I've come really close on several pieces but didn't pull the trigger. Utopia. Hexatron sixshot. Some of the Dinos.

I always find something that puts me off.

I have no problem with UL's but very few impress me majorly. I plan on getting some of the Maketoys MP scale figures since they are such cool pieces.

It could be a bad photo... who knows.

Edited by Gakken85

Here is an digibash fo the Omnigonix Spinout (Sunstreaker) by unexpectedpanda over at tfw2005:

27519739d1432951854-omnigonix-v-01-spino

The main point of criticism is the small looking head which I agree with. Many criticize the head itself but I think it fits in with the TF Masterpiece toys quite well.

I also think that all the red yellow black make the toy look really boring. For the final toy I'd wish for a less boring look maybe color the joints in a gunmetal color or a gray color. I also think that the red highlights on the shoulders from the comics would break up the sea of yellow nicely or pick up some details of the sculpt with a different color.

I'm really hyped for this one but I hope it will be released in July or later. :) Maybe Omnigonix will send out some review samples. If this toy is successful maybe the designer can tackle some different characters like Dreadwind and Darkwing. :)

I think it would look better overall if the thighs were black or grey, just not the same yellow as everything else.

At the moment he looks like a cheese carving.

::EDIT::

And yes, I know the original had yellow thighs and that's how it's 'supposed' to be.

Edited by eriku

While not accurate to his cartoon counterpart, a black waist/hip area would help the color scheme above.

Yep, along with red shoulders, and some silver on those inner leg details. All the red and black would be hidden within car mode.

As it is, looks amazing.