I think I'm going to wait for Apollyon v1.5 (because he's nearly pre-sold-out most places, and there's plenty of tweaks still to be done---there WILL be another run of him for sure, and most likely will be a few additional improvements)

I think I'm going to wait for Apollyon v1.5 (because he's nearly pre-sold-out most places, and there's plenty of tweaks still to be done---there WILL be another run of him for sure, and most likely will be a few additional improvements)

I think I'll do likewise. I'm also hoping in that timeframe, Takara will bust out their MP version, giving those of us on the fence a choice between this and a new official version. It probably won't happen, and I'll probably get Apollyon 1.5 out of frustration, but I can hope.

How long was the wait between KFC's Magnus and Takaratomy's?

KFC's came out WAY after the official. MP-02 represent!

In seriousness, I think that one was a singularly bad case of timing. When they started development, everyone assumed the next official Magnus toy would be a Prime repaint again.

That TakaraTomy ACTUALLY made an Ultra Magnus toy was a bit of a surprise.

I think there is plenty of room for development both in this version of Megatron and Quakewave. Both are great figures but I still think Takara could knock it out if they get a developer who is committed to it.

I think there is plenty of room for development both in this version of Megatron and Quakewave. Both are great figures but I still think Takara could knock it out if they get a developer who is committed to it.

Takara would probably get the sound box into THEIR version of Shockwave! And THAT would make him the best version.

It's Apollyon's transformation that is keeping me from wanting one. I like to handle and transform my transformorobos and when I watched the videos for Apollyon all I could think was, "I'm never, ever going to want to do that." that's not so much a criticism of the toy as it is just me being an old man who doesn't want to spend a half hour turning his little plastic man into a little plastic gun.

Now, the new Leader Megatron...I just bought one of those and while it is of course not as refined as a Masterpiece toy it really does go a long way in satisfying my desire for a large G1(ish) Megatron toy that is fun and quick to transform. It's also somewhat of a return to the bygone era of Hasbro Transformers when they were generous with paint.

In any case, I'm not trying to pit one against the other. I don't usually follow the either/or mentality and tend to buy all versions of characters that I like. If Apollyon looked fun to transform I'd be getting one. And maybe it's not as bad as the videos looked.

Guest davidwhangchoi

any more reviews for 3p megatron. saburo pm'd me pics before sharing it on MW. (the one's using ed bomber's sample) got me curious but want to see reviews before plucking down 150

Eriku, I can see where a really fidgety transformation can be a turnoff, and the Leader class toy is a pretty good representation of G1 Megs in robot form, with a nice looking tank mode (rolling treads ftw). I wish they'd have engineered his turret to retract fully and to rotate up and down in tank mode, as well as giving him a little more ankle mobility, although that would have entailed a couple of additional joints to accomplish. I hmm'd and haw'd over getting him, decided no, was on my way to checkout, and then turned around and got him anyway. Glad I did. The promo pics show the worst angle for his legs, which was my biggest turnoff. In person, he looks pretty good, quite imposing really.

However, he's decidedly not in the MP calibur, and I'd really like a new improved MP G1 Megs in scale with all the other recent MPs. Apollyon is the best representation thus far, and the involved transformation is pretty much a given to accurately portray both of his modes. I don't think Takara can make it any simpler. My biggest concern/gripe about Apollyon is the use of ball joints for the shoulders; a multi-hinged joint on a ratchet would have been a far better solution to improve articulation and strength of the joint over time. Ball joints are great on a small toy with little weight, but on a toy this size, that right arm will be a floppy mess after 6 months. I doubt it'll be changed for v1.5, but hopefully any other QC issues will be fixed so I can fork over my $150.

I wonder if the legs on MP Megatron are that thin because the licensed the Walter P-38 and the alt-mode had to look exactly like the gun. X-Transbot has much more freedom when they don't keep the gun proportions in mind.

I'd probably never transform him. Not a lot of display options for a oversized, semi-accurate gun. Not a gun collector :D

I agreed. If I want to display a Walter P-38, I'll just buy the original G1 toy and display it as the gun.

Personally, I like the look of the add-ons; wish he'd been designed to look more like this in the first place. The feet are a little big, granted, but it doesn't bother me. Usually I'm not into add-on stuff, but if this is priced rreasonably, and improves the tank mode, I may have to get a set.

So a company decided to give the new Leader Megs some new new kicks. It solves the ankle rocker problem, but I wonder where it's stowed in tank mode.

Nifty. I'm also curious if any of the parts are useful in transformation or if this is just a package that helps to bulk out Leader Meg's robot mode. Either way, that teaser has flavor! ;)

So a company decided to give the new Leader Megs some new new kicks. It solves the ankle rocker problem, but I wonder where it's stowed in tank mode.

That's pretty cool. As-is I think Megs is already one of the best looking Transformers Hasbro has ever made but it's always fun to add bits. The company that is making this set has been pretty clever and thoughtful in the past with integrating parts into alt mode so I'm sure they'll find some way to do that with these.

I hope they cover the portion of fusion cannon between the arms in tank mode. Curious to see where they stash all those parts, esp the huge feet.

I was hoping they'd find a way to collapse them to cover that gap at the rear of the tank, rather than just toss them on top, like a London double-decker tank. The barrel extension looks odd, too. I'm thinking the add-ons are great for bot mode, but need to mass shift back into their box when rolling for doom.

Cute little Galvy there.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Is anyone interested in buying a KO MP-10? It's the first version that came out early 2014. Mostly the same as regular MP-10 but with a more 'premium' looking paint job, the screw hole in his crotch covered up, different hands. It's got a couple minor QC problems like a misfired pin on a leg panel and some plastic chipped off on an arm. Transformed once. Box came beat up like most of them at the time.

$70 shipped, or make me an offer. I have pics, too. Sorry for the Spam post! :)