Cool mate. I'm bored at work and will watch haha.

The reviewer should blow his nose :D

After watching... I'm not super impressed. It does look like what Megatron should look like ala MP-10, but the leg proportions and some of the articulation put me off. I can understand the appeal of wanting one, but I'll just wait a few more years for the official haha

Edited by Gakken85

In all honestly, I'm getting this because I think it's about as good of a Megatron as we're going to get. Megatron is a tough design to do justice, and I can't really see Takara doing much better than this, in terms of being balanced between bot and alt modes. Apollyon's gun mode was obviously sacrificed in order to make bot mode look better (the handle of the gun looks too big and thick in my opinion), but it doesn't look terrible either, and most people are going to display him in bot mode anyway. An official MP Megatron v2 is still speculation at this point anyway, and who knows how long it will take to come out if it does. If it does come out, and it's better, I can always get that one. If not, I'm still set with a pretty good Megatron figure for my collection.

i think mp collectors who won't get apollyon fall into a few categories

1. the official or GTFO crowd

2. kfc/xtb haters (somewhat justified i suppose)

3. those still clinging to the old mp-01 scale and mp-05

4. those that don't like megatron

5. super nit picky collectors (omg sink marks on chest!! etc)

i can't see a reason to NOT get him especially at his price point assuming that bicep swivel issue is fixed (which it appears to be as tcracker has shown in his sample...btw congrats tcracker, who posts here btw, for getting an early copy for review!). he comes with a bunch of goodies too. i have one on order and may preorder another one or two.

6. Not in a rush to buy every 3rd party product that flies on to the shelf and perfectly happy to wait for an official one - IE patient people haha.

The few 3rd party pieces I've gotten and seen just don't satisfy me like the real deal. They are really good in some cases, but always something irks me like the plastic quality, the finish, or lack of diverse materials used. QA issues. Obviously official release have QA issues but that's neither here nor there.

Also, I don't think 3rd party toys really hold value. They have value when they ultimately sale out as the runs are always small and people want more, but once the official version comes out it's a fire sale and they drop. Obviously some buyers don't care about value. Whatever.

I will say that Apol is really close to having me pull the trigger, even though I do think Takara can do a better job in both modes eventually. From what I've read 04 was a rush job. Ultimately this will be a great place holder, but it's if you see collecting as a short term pokemon grab-em-all, or you're in it for the long hall and you're building a gallery that you're really satisfied with.

Edited by Gakken85

From X-Transbots toys

https://www.facebook.com/masterminis...14702518609205

Dear Fans and Retailers:
We've had a discussion regarding issues that have popped up with production sample reviews. We will address the elbow sliding mechanism and the bicep swivel at the factory before we ship to our retailers. The problem has been solved. Additionally, we'll include another set of tighter fitting ball sockets for the shoulders. All arms are able to hold the canon up without any issue but some arms seem loose holding it outward. If this is your experience, the replaceable sockets will fix that issue. We'll also include a small adapter for the extension canon's secondary mode. Finally, we'll include a small screwdriver with each figure for accessing the battery chamber and in case you need to replace the shoulder sockets. Apollyon will ship from our factory the last week of April. Your retailers should have them by early May. Thank you all for your patience, support and feedback. And thank you to the reviewers for their valuable input.

Works for me...

My first foray into the world of 3rd party transformers will likely be Invisible. But I really want Gutter, and Apollyon also looks to be a must have. Also digging the sunstreaker and Rodimus prime shots that have been released.

Apollyon's transformation looks just as "fun" as MP-05, I think I'll skip him. I'd rather have a MP G2 Megatron, 3rd or 1st party. I need that green/purple camo in my life.

There's an idea! Maybe HasTak will do another repaint of CW/Legends Megatron in G2 colors? He's already the right size. :ph34r:

i can't see a reason to NOT get him especially at his price point assuming that bicep swivel issue is fixed (which it appears to be as tcracker has shown in his sample...btw congrats tcracker, who posts here btw, for getting an early copy for review!). he comes with a bunch of goodies too. i have one on order and may preorder another one or two.

I don't know if I fall into any of this category but I dislike the ball joints on the shoulders and the small panels inside the lower legs.

The real problem I have with all the 3rd party releases is the amount of high price bots that are coming out at the moment. I only collect Masterpieces and I can't keep up with all the stuff due to limited funds (and my love for Macross Valkyries). That wasn't a problem with a small number of bots each year but now the release schedule is stuffed with releases.

The biggest negative for Apollyon is the fact that I have no money to afford him. ^_^ Other than that he looks way better than MP-05. In addition I can imagine that either Takara or Fanstoys doing another take another try on the MP Megatron so I'll wait for the moment.

That said I really dislike the balljointed shoulders. :D

I really need to see another review of Apollyon----a final fixed one, as Peaugh's hips untabbed constantly and the arms came off constantly and the stock extension broke.

PS----am I the only one who thinks the barrel is bent down a bit in gun mode? I see it in a LOT of pics, and can't tell if it's something not quite transformed or lining up right, or if the diecast bits there are just not allowing it to be totally straight.

You may have seen this, but Peaugh addressed the criticism around the hip issue on tfw2005:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/1006189-x-transbots-mx-i-apollyon-mp-megatron-1079.html#post12392290

Things are getting wild over there. I think it shows how much people crave a new version of Megatron. It reminds me of the controversy around MP-22 (a release I let myself get annoyed with too easily). At the end of the day, some people will be happy with it and some will pass on it or sell it off quickly. No big deal. :)

I've notice the barrel alignment in some of the photos. Most of these seem to be fiddly mistransformations, though. I like how the Walther P38 dresses up well with the silencer and stock. The compromises that XTB made in favor of bot mode are not as easy for me to see with all accessories on the gun.

Edited by technoblue

I've read all that, but it doesn't quite "satisfy" me----that of the half-dozen tabs holding the hips together in bot mode, having one piece slightly out of position makes them a complete floppy mess, tells me that the tabs aren't very secure regardless. Those things should like LOCK together, with L-shaped tabs etc, not "press-fit 6 plain friction-tabs and hope that at least 2 or 3 of them are tight enough to hold"

L-shaped tab: like those holding a V2 VF-1's legs to the backplate in fighter mode. They LOCK into place.

completely agree

It was the main reason I opted out for that price. Would just look goofy scale wise. I'm sure it's a great toy though.

mHRjRfJ.jpg

Looking at that pic. I still think MP01 far outstrips what MP10 is.