For me toys that size just don't appeal to me. They are no fun to handle and have a "cheap" feel to it because parts have to be hollow so that the joints can hold them in place. I think my FansToys Scoria is on the edge of being too big. It is almost not fun to handle and I believe that I have fairly sizable hands. ^_^

Speaking of toys that are my size: After four month and a package that traveled across the globe I finally received my FansProject M³ set from TFSource (Damn you DHL *shakes fist in anger*).

The figures are fun to handle, to pose and to transform. I've only messed with the cars so far but they are great toys. I can't wait for Diesel and the combined mode. Before that I have to catch up with the issues Diesel has. IIRC the mechanism to transform the torso are easy to break. So further research is needed.

I also received MMCs Terminus Hexatron Continuum Edition. While the toy has a nice feel to it it doesn't fit into my Reformatted collection due to all the paint. It looks dope however. Sadly the helmet is not removable like on the previous versions so you can't switch them making the Dazzling Glory set kinda pointless.

Sadly one of the ratchets for the wolf feet is scuffed up and doesn't ratchet. It is tight enough to hold any position but I know the damage is there which is a bummer.

However I'm not disappointed with the toys and looking forward owning more FP and MMC toys.

Speaking of toys that are my size: After four month and a package that traveled across the globe I finally received my FansProject M³ set from TFSource (Damn you DHL *shakes fist in anger*).

The figures are fun to handle, to pose and to transform. I've only messed with the cars so far but they are great toys. I can't wait for Diesel and the combined mode. Before that I have to catch up with the issues Diesel has. IIRC the mechanism to transform the torso are easy to break. So further research is needed.

On Diesel, the best things you can do up front are to smooth off the sharp corners on his middle waist piece (the one holding the skirts), and also smooth the ratchets at both ends of the double-bar swing piece in his torso. While you have it out, repeatedly flex the pivots around the pins to wear them in. This should eliminate most of the scary tight points.

Yup yup yup. Diesel's waist-bits/hip-armor have razor-sharp edges. They WILL catch on other parts---even a hair's breadth will stop it cold, when any other part would "give way" a smidge and let it past.

But SLIGHTLY rounding off all the edges of the waist/hip/pelvis parts, will make it 10x eaiser to rotate the torso bits around. (plus, lessening the effects of the ratchets there---they are FAR stronger than they need to be, to the point of distorting the surrounding plastic when in motion----many people remove the ratchet entirely, I just sanded mine down)

Really, FP needed to swap the waist and ankle ratchets-----as they are, they are way too tight and too loose, respectively.

Are there any pics for the Diesel fixes? This might explain some of the issues I've been having with it.

Here the second post might give a hint where to start:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635944-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-2271.html

I haven't read the thread yet so you might want to do some further research to see if there is more.

Make sure you post your findings here. :)

Here the second post might give a hint where to start:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635944-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-2271.html

I haven't read the thread yet so you might want to do some further research to see if there is more.

Make sure you post your findings here. :)

Thanks again, that's pretty much what I was looking for.

I've been on a FP Headmasters kick lately. After fiddling around with a friend's Smart Robin, I decided to hunt one for myself. I recently got FP's Weird Wolf, and now looking for the Chrome Dome. Can't say I was really big on the original Headmasters, but the transformations on FP versions are ingenious.

Are there any pics for the Diesel fixes? This might explain some of the issues I've been having with it.

Yeah, there's an illustrated guide here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635944-fansproject-stunticons-menasor-aka-m3-intimidator-post11115338.html

I've only messed with the cars so far but they are great toys. I can't wait for Diesel and the combined mode. Before that I have to catch up with the issues Diesel has. IIRC the mechanism to transform the torso are easy to break. So further research is needed.

You want to watch breaux man's transformation video for Diesel. Not Peaugh's. Trust me.

You want to watch breaux man's transformation video for Diesel. Not Peaugh's. Trust me.

Thanks for the tip. The background music is super distracting. Well on my crappy laptop speakers it is. With headphones on it was much better.

The video is a good tutorial since he points out all the taps where pieces attach and focuses the camera on that spot.

Maybe I have time to play with Diesel in the next few days after the Holiday stress goes away.

MMC's Sphinx (MP Mirage) prototype update.

www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/mastermind-creations-mirage-prototype-images-181760/

The bot mode does not seem too appealing, hopefully, the final stage with colors do more justice. The vehicle mode looks great.

I just saw the final packaging for the Fanstoys Soar. Fanstoys made an error with the packaging so he is not an Iron Dinobot. They also changed the inner packaging from a plastic shell to styrofoam. However the toy seems to be packed lying directly on the styrofoam without any plastic foil between them. So if you are a MIB collector it might be a good idea to take it out of the box and wrap it in plastic. IIRC the styrofoam can eat itself into the paint apps of a toy.

So I transformed Diesel for the very first time. Thanks to all the video suggestions it was a good transformation. The figure is great, I love the head sculpt. The only weird thing is that he seems to be unable to stand straight. Due to the fact how the ratchets in the hips align the toy stands always at a strange angle while standing still.

I have to play with him a little bit more to make a final judgment.

Two more questions came up while handling Diesel. First, are the ratchets in the knees prone to breakage? The right one on mine is ok, but the left one is terribly tight. Second is there something wrong with the combined gun? It seems to have a handle for M3 to hold but I haven't found anything in the instructions or in the video reviews I watched. It seems you can just fold down the handle 180 degrees if the one shotgun is slid all the way into the frame.

Other than that I really love the small race cars. They really have all the stuff I like in a collector oriented toy line. I might pick up FansProjects Headmaster homages but I guess I'm a little late for that. (it was also a terrible month with MP-22, MP-11SW and Fanstoys Soar :()

I have their Huffer clone, which they made when they were still known as Cubex. It's not a bad figure at all, my only gripe with it is that some panels felt kinda flimsy. Despite that, it holds up well in both modes.

Their Warpath is big. He's definitely not a Minibot anymore. Regardless he will be mine as transforming tanks are definitely my thing.

I have their Huffer clone, which they made when they were still known as Cubex. It's not a bad figure at all, my only gripe with it is that some panels felt kinda flimsy. Despite that, it holds up well in both modes.

Their Warpath is big. He's definitely not a Minibot anymore. Regardless he will be mine as transforming tanks are definitely my thing.

well people on tfw LOVE their brawn..much higher quality than huff as far they are concerned. i've not hanlded it but their warpath...looks amazing. he is carbot height n robot mode and longer than mp-10's cab in alt mode...kinda cool size i guess though probably would have preferred a smaller size i'm good with wht they picked. i do think it is touch "updated" for MP but close enough...just depnds ow detailed yoru imagination was a sa kid i guess. lol. anyway i'll be getting it most likely.

MMC's version looks better to me, too. Both are cool, though. Classics Mirage is still one of my top 10 favorite TF toys, but I'd like a little more complexity, as well as better front wheel displacement, in a MP toy. MMC's does the job.

Badcube's Warrior Wardog is a thing of beauty. They've set the bar high for Takara to beat, if they even give Warpath the MP treatment.