I find it interesting how the 2 recent 3P Astrotrains, emphasize different aspects of loco mode. This one is overall a much more realistic loco---yet doesn't resemble any actual loco and is missing some critical (small) things.

The other one, is very much trying to be the exact same loco as G1 Astrotrain (but isn't), and while it has many of the small things right---gets the big ones wrong.

They're almost exactly opposite, yet could be combined into a "perfect" locomotive.

had decision....I like both astrotrains, but I I guess I have to decide on price or size, one or the other I'm not sure yet. it's very vexing.

The Not MP Blaster, that'd be an order for me, it's just so needed. I really wanna order that one.

Anyone getting the X-Transbots Megatron? It's looks really nice, but not sure what the quality will be, X-Transbots have not produce any quality toys.

I'm waiting for more info. The bot mode proportions and head sculpt are much better than the old MP, but I'm wondering where that extra mass goes in gun mode. Or if the transformation will be as overly pain-in-the-butt.

I don't know. I'm rather deterred by all the companies. In addition they now release toys that are likely to get an official release by TakaraTomy (MP Megatron and Mirage) and I would rather wait and buy an official product than buying a toy from a company that has no track record.

I'm currently invested in the toys MMC releases because they are quality toys and I like their (imho) unique look and FT because it is unlikely that TT will release the rest of the Dinobots. If I direct more funds to those independent toy makers it would be FansProject..

[rant] And I would have had the chance to check out their M³ set if stupid DHL would have done the job they're payed for and deliver packages. Now after one month since the toy had been sent back to the States it still hasn't arrived at TFSource so I fear they have lost it or took the slowest shipping (probably by boat) to save money... cheap bastards. Now my money is in limbo and it is probably too late to open a PayPal dispute.. [/rant]

..or Maketoys because they offer quality. I'm not against new competition and I had two leaps of faith with my Knight Morpher Commander and Quakewave that turned out nicely but I just don't have the money or the room to buy every new release.

Yeah I know *sigh*. I will probably wait for the official version. Like I said I'd rather support the original rights holders and I think an MP Mirage is likely to happen. In addition as nice as MMC products are they don't fit into the Masterpiece line. However I'll wait for reviews for final judgment.

Edited by Scyla

the mmc mirage is part of their new line, using new resources...so hopefully they won't hti the stumling blocks as bad as reformatted line tends to. also the line has been described as "studio ox" inspired mp designs so should fit better with the mp line than most other mmc stuff (which loosely fits with classics but is ina slightly larger scale etc.)

anyone catch the omnigonix interview on that TF podcast? that guys sounds CLEARLY australian and said his standard for trasforming planes was macross (even mentioned he had an yf-19 in front of him during the interview). ! HMMMMmmmm

Edited by Mechapilot77

• 2 weeks later...

definitely better than "official"

Got it on preorder, not holding my breath for the official, but if the official does come along I might grab that too.

That KFC (I guess KFC couldn't sell enough fried chicken to make a living so they're making toys on the side :p ) Transister got some cool transformation process, it looks cool, but I'm not a fan of Blaster.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

More of that Megatron:

Looks almost as good as anything takara could do... legs look nice.

Nice legs you said, are you admiring Megatron's legs? :p

Already paid for my preorder, $135 Free S&H. Wish I could afford two, one for Bot mode and another for gun mode.

Unless Tak announces a megs soon... I'll be getting one. Instead they give us that gold plated piece of Junk haha.

As box as his arms are, he would probably perch find either way.

Found another comparison shot:

reduced-galery_image_9488_14329.jpg

Edited by Gakken85