Got Tigris---quite different than I expected---nothing like Talon, despite sharing half the mold. Stiff! Shoulders take a lot of effort to loosen up. It's TOTALLY NOT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS but they move in an "L" shape. They go up/down, and front/back. But it's an "L" so they can only change direction at the "junction". And the front/back motion is STIFF.

The problem is, it's so stiff---when you first get it, you really can't tell if it's just really stiff, or if the arm's not positioned "at the junction" to allow it to move along the slot.

But once you get it---tiger mode looks so much better, with the relocated arms.

It is not necessary needed. However you can do a six member Feral Rex with Talon as a backpack (it just hangs there) and Felisaber as an arm.

Their not-Catilla will come with extras such as red hooves for Bovis, alternate Faces for Bovis and Fortis, a Feral Rex biocard, a secret mini figure and a comic with an alternate ending for the Feral Rex comic.

Got Tigris---quite different than I expected---nothing like Talon, despite sharing half the mold. Stiff! Shoulders take a lot of effort to loosen up. It's TOTALLY NOT IN THE INSTRUCTIONS but they move in an "L" shape. They go up/down, and front/back. But it's an "L" so they can only change direction at the "junction". And the front/back motion is STIFF.

The problem is, it's so stiff---when you first get it, you really can't tell if it's just really stiff, or if the arm's not positioned "at the junction" to allow it to move along the slot.

But once you get it---tiger mode looks so much better, with the relocated arms.

I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed about Talon and Tigris after having all of Feral Rex in hand.

The first issue would be the missing paint details. I think it is a detriment to the toys that the vents are not painted with another color. On Leo Dux the shoulder vents look so nice with the red highlights. The red thighs on Tigris and the lower legs on Talon would also benefit from additional paint apps in a different color.

The second issue are the many pieces that don't lock into place. Such things as the chest panel on Talon, the upper arms on Tigris, or the pouches on the side of the legs. Because they are a different material they won't stay in place very well without some pegs.

Thirdly some of the joint design and mechanisms are questionable. The main thing would be the joint in the abdomen. The idea is pretty amazing and I prefer this over the thigh-gap forearms on most other combiners but I thing they could offer more range of motion. Then I don't understand why there is no ratchet in the waist rotation. MMCs Airborne Squad has this and is such a nice design. Combined Mode would have preferred from this as well. Speaking of ratchets. The ellbow joints of the two toys have indentations for ratchets but seem to be only friction joints.

Finally I think MMC got a bit lazy with the transformations. The fact that Tigris' head just rests there in arm mode and his animal legs just sit there on the side. I think a system like on Fortis and Bovis where the front legs swing on the lower calves in leg mode would be great for Tigris. There the legs could swing around on the underside of the arm and balance out the main gun on the underside on the Talon arm. On Talon I would've preferred a mechanism to tuck away the bird tail.

I think some my issues come from the Combiner Wars. If MMC had more time and had not to compete with TFC they would've been able to fix this. I for myself would've rather waited for another year to have the toys in hand and payed more for additional paint applications. However I think that is something that you can't communicate to most of the people invested in the Feral Rex team especially with all the delays.

That said I think Feral Rex is the best combiner out there (I will get FPs M³ to compare them both). To me he looks way better than TFCs Ares which looks far to busy and fidgety and looks not as cohesive in combined mode. Ares way to busy for my likings too many small paint apps visible in combined mode. His silhouette has also too many gaps especially between the piece between the hips and the shoulder area is weird looking to me. To sum it up the TFC aesthetic does nothing for me.

The greatest success on Feral Rex is the combining sword I think. The Oppenheimer Sword is just an amazing feat of engineering. Overall I'm very happy with my Feral Rex and I'm looking forward for the next MMCs products. I'm definitely on board for their Fembots and Seraph. I'm still undecided on the final iteration of their Sixshot and the DJD. If they really doing a Overlord and Abominus or Piranacon I'm a happy camper.

Rant is over. :)

So it seems like that DHL is shipping my package with the M³ team back to the States because they messed up. It was already in 20 mile radius of my home. :angry::angry::angry: Stupid DHL this was already the third time in a year that they messed up a delivery. They didn't lost the package they just sent it back to its origin. One of the three I managed to get from the post office because I noticed it fast enough. The other one was lost forever. So I'd say it is a 50/50 situation if the package will arrive at my place.

Will do some investigations with customs tomorrow because they already sent me the notice that the package arrived and I should sent them the invoice to calculate tax and fees because TFSource was unable to add the correct price. I'm pissed right now!

!§"!%/§$%§"$$!"§ *flips chair Bad Cop style*

Has anyone of you experience in handling such a situation?

I doubt the Giga releases will ever see the light of day : p

It looks like they are comming along just fine :p

post-2996-0-92512600-1412463977_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-47219400-1412463993_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-55334800-1412464023_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-14210400-1412464039_thumb.jpg

From Gigapowers Facebook:

Kept you waiting, huh? Sorry for that, we are busy finalizing Guttur and the others.

We would like to share with you what we have been up to lately. We were not giving up nor selling our kidneys to be able to continue. We are fine, dont worry.

We are looking for the right colours. These photos are just a test, let us know what do you think about them.

The preorders will be up soon. Right now there are no real preorders, no matter what you might have seen around, be carefull.

Get ready for pictures of more accessories next time. Can you guess what all accessories there will be?

Btw. the translucent parts are just not present on these photos.

These are photoshops of the chest in G1 toy look:

post-2996-0-54153700-1412464271_thumb.jpg

post-2996-0-98699700-1412464288_thumb.jpg

I'm a bit more optimistic about it. Can't remember where I read it, but there is unofficial word that Sunstreaker is in the works. Seems like an indication that Takara is planning to do all the cars. And if they don't, 3P companies will be more than ready to take our money.

It's not beyond reason that they'd create a product to pre-empt, or actually compete with, a 3P company. I listened to an interview with Aaron Archer that gave quite a bit of insight to how Hasbro and Takara think. They keep a ton of files on all 3rd party products.

It makes a lot of sense, really. If I were in their position, I'd be watching these other "totally original" convertible robot sales closely. It gives them a lot of data about the high end of the market at near-zero risk.

And of course, lets them know if they should rearrange the Masterpiece schedule a little bit to stave off some competition.

"Totally original"?

Why yes, a fair few 3P designs are.

But quite a few more are very clearly based on, and sold with the intent of being identified as, a recognized Transformers character.

Not that I find anything wrong with that whatsoever. I'm just occasionally amused by the lengths they sometimes go to to pretend red&blue semi with bunny ears and a mouthplate isn't Optimus Prime.

Also, still bitter that Citizen Stack is an Ultra Magnus homage and not a Stacks homage.

It's like no one ever loved the GoBots... :(

• 2 weeks later...

There is an utter deluge of 3rd party news from Chicago's TFCON out there right now. Things of note (for me at least):

-G1 Megatron to go with MP-10

-Maketoys' Defensor looks so much better than TFC's

-FP's Dinoking (of all things)

-A big 'ol Astrotrain from Toyworld

-Another 3rd party Mirage from MMC

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D