The dino legs look the same to me from left to right; the upper back legs look too bulky compared to the lower leg, but they're the robot's arms so there's probably not much that can be done. They did a nice job capturing the curvature of the stego's back in the right pic. Looks nice.

I think it's the same head, but the lighting and angle of the head in the right photo gives an altered impression. If I'm wrong, then I agree with you.

Hot Spot is looking good.

post-5492-0-07358100-1406341755_thumb.jpg

Defensor was the first and only combiner I went to the trouble of collecting as a kid. I had a couple Constructicons, a couple Combaticons, and one Predacon. Kind of wished I had a complete Devastator, but then I got into other things.

I keep looking at the Fasproject M3 set and really feel the urge to get it. The price is a bit steep and I have to wait for another month due to the YF-30 and VF-25G Tornado Parts. I really loved the Stunticons as a kid. I only had three of them and no Motormaster and always wondered why they are so similar. The new Hasbro Menasor looks ok but I can't get over the fact that Wildrider is missing because this one was my favorite of the ones I had.

Maybe I will only get the Hasbro one. :unsure:

I keep looking at the Fasproject M3 set and really feel the urge to get it. The price is a bit steep and I have to wait for another month due to the YF-30 and VF-25G Tornado Parts. I really loved the Stunticons as a kid. I only had three of them and no Motormaster and always wondered why they are so similar. The new Hasbro Menasor looks ok but I can't get over the fact that Wildrider is missing because this one was my favorite of the ones I had.

Maybe I will only get the Hasbro one. :unsure:

There is also a very G1 looking one by a new company called Bold Forms. They showed a proto on TFCon:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.632677353484671.1073742110.407873945965014&type=1

Thanks Twoducks but I really like the Fansproject design cues and I love the M3 head sculpt which is something most companies get wrong. And I also love the car choices for the limb bots. The only thing I would buy in an instant would be a M3 in G2 colors. :D From what I heard this is highly unlikely.

A different topic: Is there a release date for Toyworlds Black Orion. Most places either don't have it listed or are not up to date on the release date.

Thanks Twoducks but I really like the Fansproject design cues and I love the M3 head sculpt which is something most companies get wrong. And I also love the car choices for the limb bots. The only thing I would buy in an instant would be a M3 in G2 colors. :D From what I heard this is highly unlikely.

A different topic: Is there a release date for Toyworlds Black Orion. Most places either don't have it listed or are not up to date on the release date.

:lol: if you want to go hunting for Con exclusives you might get your wish actually:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/994042-fansproject-exclusive-kar-krash-ler-01-columpio-g2-breakdown-diaclone-sludge.html

I have M3. Looks great. You already know that the car limbs just plug there but the rest is really neat. People call Diesel a nightmare to tranform but compared to some of the complex valks it is a piece of cake. It just takes time. I find ransforming it very fun. Posability isn't that great on the legs (weak ankles) and some parts like to unlock.

I like the legs on the outside better. Faithful to the original that way.

I kind of like the dinobots to have a bit of kibble/dino parts hanging off, in that it reminds you that they are dinosaurs the same way that Prowl's chest still looks like a car.

Edited by Gakken85

Fantoys keeps running scared I see. They do a 180º on that line art they put up for preorder months ago and try to copy the Gigapower design :lol:

What happened to having your own creative vision? We have three Predakings but at least they all look different.

But Gigapower should really hurry up and show their other dinobots... Fantoys needs something to copy for their last two dinobots :lol:

It's gonna be big trouble if this does turn out to be a stolen takara design. It will put both companies at risk for litigation if they come after giga. Assuming the rumor is true of course.

They are basically the same with minor tweaks here and there.

Edited by Gakken85

From the knees up it's a completelly new design.

- Hips on the design follow the look of the Scoria and Grimlock hips, the proto has a Gundam style skirt like the Giga one (down to having a side skirt that neither Scoria or Grimlock have).

- Abs and lower torso proportions have been changed.

- Chest has completely changed shape. Before it wanted to look like the G1 toy now looks like the Giga pecs.

- Shoulders have been moved forward a lot.

- Upper arms are small now.

- Forearms are bigger now.

- All that change from "artistic idealism" to "physical reality" and yet the lower legs are practically 100% the same; they just trim the exterior part that creates the slope for the neck (slope that Giga also has).

You could say they stuck their dino kibble storing lower legs into a thinner version of the Giga design.

They are really packed individually so you will be able to order them separately. By ordering both you get an extra box with bonus items (the usual buncha stuff that once passed close to their hands during the cartoon).