I think Skyfire is an ungrateful design that really needs some effort to be rendered in toy form. Especially in the Masterpiece scale. The characters is a huge white hulk with a huge red backpack.For his size he needs tons of details and functions hammered into this alt from.

I think an approach like Bandai took with their recent MG and RG kits would work quite well. Things like different shades of white/gray plating for the hull, a frame visible underneath the white. Imaginative joint work with moving parts. The backpack should have cockpit detailing and an opening canopy. As eriku mentioned over at TFW the backpack should transform into its own spaceship like on some of the Gundam Seed mecha. Recessed and movable thrusters would also help.

I know it is walking the razors edge to get an interesting toy out of that that is still true to the design of Skyfire that the fans want. As much as I would like a great Skyfire in scale with my other Masterpiece Transformers I think it is not possible without some artistic freedom for the designers. It also would cost a bunch of money to get him. Much more than the $165 price point of Chronos

just got my Maniaking....liking this figure a lot! except for the no wrist swivle which could of been done as I look at the toy, it's pretty much perfect variant of the character even if the white is offsetting. Easily fixable too!

I've been posting pictures of him with 86 movie quotes and buddies are responding back with their favorite quotes lol, I'm so easily amused. I'm gonna spend some time in getting my figures properly displayed so the right era is with the right figures.

just got my Maniaking....liking this figure a lot! except for the no wrist swivle which could of been done as I look at the toy, it's pretty much perfect variant of the character even if the white is offsetting. Easily fixable too!

I've been posting pictures of him with 86 movie quotes and buddies are responding back with their favorite quotes lol, I'm so easily amused. I'm gonna spend some time in getting my figures properly displayed so the right era is with the right figures.

I can't wait until mine comes, but I ordered him along with the one of the second run of Hegemon, so I gotta wait until he's released before they're shipped.

I want it, but where the hell would I put it?!

The detolf glass display cases I got after my movie have enough room to take my Hasbro Metroplex and let him stand in robot mode....City or Battlefortress modes though, thaaaatt's a big N O. But I can't afford a 300-400 dollar 18 inch toy when I got a 24 inch that's still good in my eyes. Granted, Utopia is detailed and articulated up the tail pipe, but like that Not Omega Supreme, price is to heavy.

I had a few 400+ pre-orders. The Sideshow Raynor, and the Hot Toys Whiplash.

Cancelled them both and I'm going to get this guy instead.

Just looks more fun and I want to set up a fight between him and my Gigantic burning Godzilla. Haha

Edited by Gakken85

I've been waiting patiently for a G1 Omega Supreme and it must be a lot taller than MT Giant, I hope and hope someone will make it happen.

I got the Generation Metroplex, which is kinda crappy, it got a girly figure in bot mode and the fists does not fold into the arms. but I only paid $79 plus tax, got it from Costco. I might give it to my nephew for his B-Day.

I tried to warm up to Hasbro's Metroplex but just couldn't. It's actually too big for my tastes, and the slim, lanky build just doesn't make me think of Metroplex, like some other robot wearing a Metroplex costume. He's like Will Farrell in Elf. :p

I love what I see from MakeToys. Even the cruiser mode looks pretty killer. Hoping it's still available a few months after release because there's too much real-life stuff at the end of the year that will be siphoning my toy money.

I have a question... Why doesn't Tak just buy out companies like Make toys?

They could change the design slightly, increase production a bit for scale, and make tons of money? haha

pride and cheapness. they also make things that Tak woudn't be able to ssell enough of IMO.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I have a question... Why doesn't Tak just buy out companies like Make toys?

They could change the design slightly, increase production a bit for scale, and make tons of money? haha

Besides their ethics? Who said MMC are for sale? They are hardly publicly listed. And they can't really do anything Takara can't do, as far as engineering goes.

3PP have an advantage as far as being able to do just about anything they want goes. They don't have the budget restraints that Takara or Hasbro designers have, and don't have to meet their profit margins or sales goals etc.

anyone seen the CG render for the Not-Sunstreaker? Looks very impressive and supposedly in the final stages of it's design with possible options of making it either Cartoon, G1 Toy or Comic accurate. Hm....maybe they'd be nice to add a headmaster gimmick?

The renders for that Sunstreaker look promising, which is great because I have a gut feeling that Takara will not be making a MP version. I wonder if it's the same one that Kurisama teased us with in the TF thread?

Indeed looks promising. Kurisama knows something, look at those eyes! :D

Images courtesy of TFW2005

post-7962-0-13212000-1403280933_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-23030500-1403280944_thumb.jpg

...and I had to order UM MP-22 from HLJ... one thing though... why is the front bumper red? and how do we change this xD

The only thing I am not sold on Citizen Stack is the sunken wheels in the cab section, and the fact that is is 40 bucks more than a hasbro licensed thing xD

anyway, I could not resist. I always wanted a true UM, and now we finally score it.

...and I had to order UM MP-22 from HLJ... one thing though... why is the front bumper red? and how do we change this xD

The only thing I am not sold on Citizen Stack is the sunken wheels in the cab section, and the fact that is is 40 bucks more than a hasbro licensed thing xD

anyway, I could not resist. I always wanted a true UM, and now we finally score it.

The bumper is red because it was red in the show/movie. How to solve it: buy a MP-10 and salvage the chromed bumper from Convoy... or wait if Reprolabels issues a sticker sheet that will cover the bumper with chromed stickers.