I don't know if it's just me, but Kronos looks too much like the cartoon. He looks a little flat and simple, the way an animation cell from the G1 cartoon looks flat and simple compared to a modern comic book.

Yeah, Kronos needs more paint detail. Hopefully Reprolabels or similar create a set of stickers for it. The head and cockpit look off as well, but I'm keeping my pre-order.

So Kronos leaves the factory in two weeks, same time as Scoria...

Does anybody know when FansToys Scoria is gonna be released. I really want him but I have to fit it into my 5 year toy spending plan.

[edit:] I got my factions stickers from Reprolables today. Now I want to sticker up my transforming toys. I have a few questions where to place them and which to use.

FansToys Quakewave: Is there any other spot than both forearms where Shockwave has his faction symbols in the cartoon? Which size should I use to be cartoon accurate?

MMC Feralcons: Which size fits best into the insignia spots on Leo Dux and Bovis? The smallest faction symbol seems a bit to small but the next bigger size seems a bit too big. Not sure if I want to trim them.

Edited by Scyla

For Feralcon insignia---trim. Bovis' needs a lot of trimming (you'll only have a hair's-breadth border left) but Leo's should fit with minimal trimming if any. Using the small ones just look bad IMHO, but most people end up going that route because it's easier.

Anyways, Maketoys MTCM-04 Guardia (Not-Defensor):

27442193d1401502895-maketoys-mtcm-04-gua

Yeah, Kronos needs more paint detail. Hopefully Reprolabels or similar create a set of stickers for it.

Nothing that a little panel line wash can't fix. This is the one toy I wanted Hasbro to make. I even considered doing one myself. Now I don't have too. Strike one job off my build list.

Does anybody know when FansToys Scoria is gonna be released. I really want him but I have to fit it into my 5 year toy spending plan.

I heard yesterday that Scoria is about two weeks from being released from the factory. Add another week to get to the distributors, and another week to get to you - about a month in all. I'm waiting on it too. :)

Nothing that a little panel line wash can't fix. This is the one toy I wanted Hasbro to make. I even considered doing one myself. Now I don't have too. Strike one job off my build list.

Yep. Zambot on TFW2005 did a photoshop rough where he showed how a small amount of additional detail can make a difference.

27441992d1401414612-daca-toys-kronos-mas

The reality is we now have a fully transforming accurate figure for something Hasbro and Sunbow never actually considered could be a toy, Skyfire was more anime magic than the VF1 he was made to replace.

This Skyfire, aka Kronos, I'm gonna pass. There are too many things they missed, one thing is that the backpack doesn't look right, they forgot the little booster and not much detail to it either. I'll wait and see what FansToys version of Skyfire will look like.

post-7962-0-43647200-1401613954_thumb.jpg

post-7962-0-24530000-1401614001_thumb.jpg

MakeToys not-Defensor could be interesting. Hopefully they will choose the same vehicles as the cartoon. As a kid, I was able to get a complete set, now I don't really missed it that much. I've always wanted the Aerialbots, but could not afford it while it was available. Then came TFC Aerialbots, I had high hope for them, then they fail me with the F-16's butt and replacing the Concord with SR-71, not that I don't like SR-71, but it's not the same and the cartoon. So, I never bother to get the TFC version.

So Daca Toys gets his Skyfire out. Then Fans Toys do a better version, maybe with landing gear... Then Fans Project do theirs... Caveat emptor for the 3PP buyer.

It does mean we should see better versions later tho. :)

And the weird thing is that they all seem to be copying each other. Skyfires, Dinobots, Gestalts... Where are Blaster, Jazz, Arcee, etc?

Yeah Arcee and the female bots would be great addition.

I love it when companies are making the same toys, accounted that they have their own version and detail, this gives consumers more choices to choose from.

For Feralcon insignia---trim. Bovis' needs a lot of trimming (you'll only have a hair's-breadth border left) but Leo's should fit with minimal trimming if any. Using the small ones just look bad IMHO, but most people end up going that route because it's easier.

*snip*

Thanks. I had to try a few times but then I got the trimming right. Now I'm unsatisfied how the insignias look. I used the ones with the white background because most of my insignias of my HasTak Transformers have the white outline. Then ones from Reprolables have just too much white on them. Especially on top of the insignia. Now I'm debating if I should use stickers with a clear background or try to trim them so they look like the ones on my other transformers. :(

I'm going to buy the "ocean" stickers----cost way more, but as I'm finicky about "insignia crispness and border thickness"---I think they'll be worth it. (and time-saving, too----may replace all my FP Not-Stunticon insignias if they work out)

Check THESE insignias out:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Ocean-TF-Decepticon-metal-Logo-decals-sliver-background/613353_1863551140.html

I agree. Kronos, while scaled to fit in the MP line, doesn't fit in aesthetically to me. It just seems to simple. MP is supposed to be a definitive version of the G1 character made to today's standards of engineering. Kronos seems more like UT's Predaking, G1 with articulation (I'm aware that Skyfire never had a G1 release, but you get my point).

I bet that FansToys will nail it.

Well, blame the animation. Kronos turns into the box with wings the animations turns into. The robot is an updated more detailed version... of a giant white robot. Go see close up pictures and you will see the detail the toy has.

This isn't G1 Prime versus one of the MP Primes. You really need to cram some engineering to make a truck into an articulated cartoon accurate robot. Kronos does not need that. Being the "definitive version of the G1 character made to today's standards of engineering" means little when the alt form is a fliying brick.

FT has little else to "nail" other than landing gear.

Being the "definitive version of the G1 character made to today's standards of engineering" means little when the alt form is a fliying brick.

Spacebrick?

Are you talking about Kronos now, or the MP Star Saber that's coming out. :p

Well... after what seems like years of listening to you guys talk about how crappy Hasbro toys are (even the MPs), and how great third-party is, I bit the bullet and ordered my first 3P toys from Captured Prey. I decided to get Mania King and the Hegemon reissue, to address what I feel are the biggest deficiencies in my Classics display. I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think, but I guess it'll be awhile, since Hegemon's a preorder that isn't supposed to ship until sometime next month.

Kronos looks pretty much perfect to me. I couldn't care less what other toys he will or will not fit with, I just like toys and they all mix and mingle anyway. Considering how nicely done Daca's MP10 heads were I expect Kronos to be an equally high quality toy.

If FansToys makes one later on and it looks good, great, I'll buy that one too.

Spacebrick?

Are you talking about Kronos now, or the MP Star Saber that's coming out. :p

star saber is a cooler looking spacebrick. I've never understood the appeal of G1 comic Jetfire; it's just so ugly.

star saber is a cooler looking spacebrick. I've never understood the appeal of G1 comic Jetfire; it's just so ugly.

I... half agree. I guess.

I mean, I get that a G1 toon/Marvel accurate Jetfire isn't something I'd necessarily be into. Although the toy has it's flaws, Classics Jetfire (who was the basis for Jetfire in IDW's Stormbringer series, or vice versa) was a better design that kept elements from both the toon/Marverl version and the VF-1. And the new Leader-class Jetfire that's coming out looks pretty good, too, although I'm not sure how much I'm digging the fake cockpit, or the way most of the jet hangs on his back.

But at least toon/Marvel Jetfire has some nostalgia value. Star Saber spacebrick holds no appeal to me at all.

I doubt we'd ever see a Takara MP Jetfire, or the other 4 dinobots etc anyway.

I don't really like Kronos' face sculpt, other than that I'm not sure what else would make it a better rendition of G1 Skyfire, besides restoring the split cockpit.