Am I the only one who doesn't ever watch emgo's reviews, because of the stupid intros?

No. I don't watch any reviews of Transformers, and strongly prefer written reviews. A written review gives me the pros, cons, and a couple of photos from a couple of angles. It gives me a good idea if the toy is worthwhile or not, and takes just a minute or two to get through. A video review is usually a half an hour of some guy fiddling with the thing.

No. I don't watch any reviews of Transformers, and strongly prefer written reviews. A written review gives me the pros, cons, and a couple of photos from a couple of angles. It gives me a good idea if the toy is worthwhile or not, and takes just a minute or two to get through. A video review is usually a half an hour of some guy fiddling with the thing.

Robo Adventures has to be the worst video reviewer out there. Sounds like a drunk hobo with a vulgar sense of humor. Basically just yammers on and on about nothing in particular while the toy goes in circles on that electric turn-table of his.

725a9e8djw1ef2aybn3m8j20vk0nodhr.jpg

First decent photo of alt mode. Note holes in front of trailer---weren't on the CAD, but are probably an alternate location to mount the missile-launchers.

that actually looks pretty good. makes sense if rockets can mount on the front too. very G1. side mount was popular later on. i wonder if he can pull some decent poses off. the alt mode truck is a little garish with the chrome bars over the grill but its a solid alt mode. its a shame that using this design, the size that accommodates mp cars in the trailer makes him so dam tall. would love to see this in some actin poses.

Edited by Mechapilot77

725a9e8djw1ef2aybn3m8j20vk0nodhr.jpg

First decent photo of alt mode. Note holes in front of trailer---weren't on the CAD, but are probably an alternate location to mount the missile-launchers.

These guys have balls or iron ore to be making that when the takara MP one is coming out later this year. That or too much rice wine.

These guys might’ve been working on it before they heard the announcement that TakTom will have their own version of MP Magnus.

My thoughts on this, since TakTom will be releasing their version of MP Magnus, my money is with them, otherwise I would consider picking this one up. Tthe vehicle mode is nice, but not fond on the chrome bars over the grill. Bot mode is not my cup of tea; styling is not what I had remembered from the cartoon, so I would keep this toy in vehicle mode.

MMC Leo is out, I’ve just paid for mine from tfsource dot com. Still waiting for two more members to complete the team. MMC is taking forever to release each one, I almost forgot about them.

I like Peaugh because he gives his reviews and transformations with a minimum of extraneous crap. Other reviews seem to end up on too many tangents not related to the toy in question.

Vangelius is good in small doses, if only for the hilarious fourth-wall-breaking subtitles. Those make him worth watching :D

I just received my MMC Leo Dux and it is amazing. Even the shipping box is top-notch. It is made out of thicker cardboard than any other shipping box I got send to me ever. The box for the toy itself is neatly held into place by thick foam blocks.

A few observations:

• I don't understand why the cannons on the back are colored the way they are. I would have preferred it if they where painted with the gun-metal highlights the other guns have.
  • I think it looks as good as a lion as any other transformer does sans the clamp-formers that have animal fur parts all over robot mode. It is a nice cybertronian lion. Even the hind legs are look in proportion to the rest of the body. That leaves me with high hopes for their Tigris/Felisaber release
  • I have a few minor paint blemishes. Mostly on the gold detailing of the shins/knees.
  • The left leg of the toy does not seem to lock securely into place in the default Feral Rex position it holds up fine no but I'm worried what happens when I add Tigris, Talon and maybe Felisaber to it.
  • I love the way you can store anything the toy comes with on the toy. The two huge hatches can be stored on the back of the toy where the wings should beg in
  • I don't like that the way the cross guard is stored in robot mode (on the back of Talons wings) and in alt mode (at the underside of the lion chest). With some imagination you can see it as an extension of the mane but it relies only on the friction of a hinge to stay in place so I'm worried it gets loose over time

I'm stoked for MMCs next offerings. This one is gonna be a monster but I doubt I will display him in combiner mode because I have no room. Now I have to order some Reprolabel faction stickers to sticker him up. It even has a spot for his (Decepticon) insignia on his left shoulder.

Edited by Scyla

So I'm not really an expert on how the third party stuff is working. I always assumed it is tolerated by HasTak because the third party companies releasing stuff that doesn't interfere with the release schedule of official Transformers toys. This seems to me like they are getting a bit to bold strolling around in HasTaks turf.

Couldn't this force HasTak to unleash their lawyers since MP-22 is right around the corner?

However this is an easy pass for me. I don't like how the trailer cap basically sits in the core of the robot and they don't get the face right. I figured most third party companies have a problem with faces that don't have a mouth plate. Takara seems to do a much better job. I'm eagerly awaiting the first prototype pictures of Ultra Magnus. :)

So I'm not really an expert on how the third party stuff is working. I always assumed it is tolerated by HasTak because the third party companies releasing stuff that doesn't interfere with the release schedule of official Transformers toys. This seems to me like they are getting a bit to bold strolling around in HasTaks turf.

Couldn't this force HasTak to unleash their lawyers since MP-22 is right around the corner?

Unlikely----it's not even as close to an official MP as some 3P Bumblebees are to the MP Bumblebee.

Basically---if even iGear's F-15's didn't get "lawyered" (and they truly were KO's of HasTak molds), this won't. It still isn't "Ultra Magnus". It is simply "a white/blue/red car-carrier that turns into a robot" and it's 100% non-Hasbro mold/tooling/engineering.

It's safe to assume that has/tak looked into legal ways to stop 3P companies and found it not worth the cost to go into a battle of "this toy is really this toy but it isn't". If 3P starts to become a more mainstream business and not just for high end collectors then maybe they will chime in with the lawyers.

Unlikely----it's not even as close to an official MP as some 3P Bumblebees are to the MP Bumblebee.

Basically---if even iGear's F-15's didn't get "lawyered" (and they truly were KO's of HasTak molds), this won't. It still isn't "Ultra Magnus". It is simply "a white/blue/red car-carrier that turns into a robot" and it's 100% non-Hasbro mold/tooling/engineering.

I guess you're right. I did forget about third party Bumblebee. I think this one came to mind because I haven't seen images of MP Bee before the third party one but on this case the cap looks so much like MP-10 even if it does not transform so it has no Takara engineering in it.

So I saw the review for Citizen Stack and I have to say that I really like the idea because I always thought of Ultra Magnus as his own entity and not Optimus Prime with armor. And I dig the chrome. ^_^ However I don't like the hollowness of the toy and the lightweight feel of the whole toy like the lower legs or the cabin/torso. It feels more like a cheap toy. Much like Generations Metroplex.

Of course it is hard to tell this through watching a video but that is the feeling I got from it.

Lets see what Takara has to offer.

I have a question for all the hardcore Ultra Magnus fans out there.

To me the stacks at the shoulders at most toys of Magnus are too thin and too long. It is true to the G1 toy but I always preferred the proportions of my FP Shadowcommander. From memory they where less tall in the 1986 movie but I could be wrong

I hope gigapower's top priority is quality and the types of material that they use on their Dinobots. I love the massive size, I've been holding off on picking up the g1 reissues in hope of the masterpiece size Dinobots and my dream as become a reality thanks to Ke and his gigapower team.

post-7962-0-24489100-1397192193_thumb.jpg

Looks good (in robot mode). I'm interested in a colored test shot where you can see details of the face better. I'm also very interested in some images of the transformed prototype especially from the underside and some images from the side and back of robot-mode. :)

I guess the cockpit splits to allow for a waist swivel. On the other hand the backplate looks pretty solid so I'm not sure about that. That makes me think if the whole backplate is detached from the upper body to allow for movement in the waist area. Which would be a terrible in my eyes.

The test shot looks much better than the image of the 3D model. This is the Dakatoys Chronos right? I'm wondering how the FansToys one will look.

The test shot of the bot mode does look pretty good, but splitting the cockpit is not my cup of tea. Hopefully in the end result the jet mode will improve, I have a lot of issues with it.

FansToys skyfire will be smaller than kronos, will have to see which will be the better one at the end.

post-7962-0-29369400-1397576215_thumb.jpg