Guess they're competing with the Daca Toys Kronos?

Well, that NotSkyfire was designed for classics so technically it is not competing with Kronos since it is aimed towards people that collect classics/universe...

At that scale, it's not bad, but it still looks off to me. For my money, I think I'd forego the small one and save for Kronos, since he's shaping up to be the most accurate version.

Do you guys know, where (asian based store) would I still able to pre-order Microblaze's Bruticus add on kit? Can't find one at robotkingdom, chimungmung nor ehobbybaseshop. TFSource and BBTS's shipping is too high for me :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found it at robotkingdom, seems that they did not put the term microblaze

Edited by close313

The Scoria review makes in look really cool. The leg transformation is great. However I still don't understand, why the made the toy that huge. Are Fanstoys planning to to an interpretation on Grimlock to be in scale with Scoria? For me this is hard to believe. I think that would cross a line for HasTak given how popular MP-08 is.

Personally I would've preferred if Scoria was in scale with MP Grimlock and came with a new hand, sword and blaster for MP-08 instead of the plateau shoes. Maybe I have the budget someday for this one. :)

The Scoria review makes in look really cool. The leg transformation is great. However I still don't understand, why the made the toy that huge. Are Fanstoys planning to to an interpretation on Grimlock to be in scale with Scoria? For me this is hard to believe. I think that would cross a line for HasTak given how popular MP-08 is.

Personally I would've preferred if Scoria was in scale with MP Grimlock and came with a new hand, sword and blaster for MP-08 instead of the plateau shoes. Maybe I have the budget someday for this one. :)

The fact that that FT plans to include those nasty clogs for MP-8 leads me to believe that they will not be making their version of Grimmy. Maybe those other 3P dinobots will be smaller to compliment MP-8..

scoria is the size he is because he scales with the new mp-10 and newer line of MPs. mp08 while beloved is the odd man out.....he is too small and short. FT is sizing things so they scale correctly with MP-10 according to the scale chart (holy be thy name lol). i think it is the right move, particularly if they eventually release something to replace the glorious but outdated mp-08. i've had mp grimmy since hasbro first released him way back in...2010 i think? even then he was already almost a year old...its a 5 year old mold...i don't mind replacing it with a newer, better, bigger one. FT has said they will consider doing a grimlock if TT hasn't done a V2 by the time the rest of the dinos are done. Another thing to consider is if TT and FT, don't...Gigapower will (if they survive until then). He'd be a touch bigger than an FT centric dino collection but i don't mnd grimmy being bigger because well...he is the leader.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I haven't purchased a full third party figure itself in quite a while, but I do dabble into a good amount of third party accessories and add-ons. I unfortunately never jumped on the movie Buster Prime bandwagon, but I have had a dusty American release leader Prime in storage for some time now, I decided to bust him out then upgrade him. I'm probably going to apply some silver here and there, and I would like to add a pair of silver articulated UFO hands, but for now I got myself a set of Cubex cannons. The Buster Prime cannon setup is nice, and I have seen a couple of third party Buster upgrade kits, but they're not quite accurate enough for me.

post-12821-0-95814500-1395521556_thumb.jpgpost-12821-0-93893600-1395521605_thumb.jpg

I have to do some fiddling to get them in place, but I think it will be worth it.

This pic certainly gives a good perspective on how big Warbotron's Bruticus is. And he is certainly a big sumbitch. Before I even consider plunking down the cash for this, I'm gonna have to see how it will all hold up.

That is a photoshop with thicker thighs. The real one has skinny thighs.

Here you have the big guy posing:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/951171-warbotron-wb01-unofficial-bruticus-541.html#post10793504

Gigantic but those elbow joints are a real eyesore at that size. Crotch plate is also a bit weird.

If the Giga Snarl ends up looking half as good as this photoshop by NECIO (and for a reasonable price) I'm cancelling my potato and going for the Gigapower versions..

post-2996-0-38711600-1395523389_thumb.jpg

I love this post about Warbotron.

TheGame2K5 Seriously this fandom sometimes.We want our dinobots big, and will even rebuy a third party grimlock, but dont make a combiner bigger than what we have so far or we have no idea where it "should" go on our shelves. Some third party figures are too simple, this one is too much detail to fit in with one collection or another. Then we have the stupid scale chart. I hope these companies really love what they are doing or I dont know why they bother trying to make cool stuff for the fans. Where will this go in my display? Probably next to feral rex on my awesome robots that I dont care if they are "classics" enough shelf.

Seriously it seems that 3P groups seem to be one upping each other with size on each subsequent release. It's almost like the old Super Robot anime wars. "Well MY robot is X-feet taller and IT's main attack will destroy a building X2 times bigger!"

MMC Leo Dux is out, as in people have actually gotten it. No reviews yet, but expect plenty of pics in the coming hours.

The wait is killing me, I almost gave up on getting these guys, but I had it on preorder ahead of time. Hopefully MMC will release the complete set at a discount after all five members are out, I like to try and get two sets.

That is a photoshop with thicker thighs. The real one has skinny thighs.

Here you have the big guy posing:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/951171-warbotron-wb01-unofficial-bruticus-541.html#post10793504

Gigantic but those elbow joints are a real eyesore at that size. Crotch plate is also a bit weird.

If the Giga Snarl ends up looking half as good as this photoshop by NECIO (and for a reasonable price) I'm cancelling my potato and going for the Gigapower versions..

attachicon.gifsnarlscoria.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics, very much interested, love the size of those bots.

Got my POTATO, AKA FT Scoria, on preorder, should be out soon I think.

I know most casual TF fans aren't fans of Animated, but I thought I'd share this.

Mech Ideas (makers of the Demolition Crue/ Wreckers Topspin and Twin Twist) are making 3rd Party Animated toys. Their first release is Huffer and Pipes and they are selling them through Mastermind Creations official retailer, Planet Steel Express. I'm hoping these sell pretty well so they decide to make more Animated characters that did not receive toys like the Constructicons, Hot Shot, Strika, or even Omega Supreme.

EDIT: wow, I didn't realize I'd never posted here before. I've had this account for it seems like years now :lol:

Edited by slugslinger2004

I hope they do well too. I'll have to check out their Huffer. I'd be thrilled if they made an Omega Supreme. I loved the Animated look and alt mode for OS.

Saw a review of the fist Warbot-Ron arm and I have to say I'm bored by seeing the same leg transformation/elbow joint over and over again. The standard extend the legs and use the hips as elbow just looks terrible with all the gabs. Hopefully the Feral Rex arms turn out to be better with their elbow joint. The colors are nice though. I dig the brown and violet mix especially the light piped eyes. :)

Same here. Like the colors but the partsforming, nosecone hanging in the back, non-locking arms in limb mode and the fact that they gave him an armpit level elbow show very lazy engineering there. It's like being huge is the only thing they went for.

Pretty much that--while it is huge, and looks fairly cool in combined mode----it's just not that great for the individual bots nor vehicles. And proportions are wonky in combined mode.

True, "combined mode is everything" for a combiner----the design just strikes so many people (including me) as being lazy for bot mode, and combined articulation/limb aesthetics---seriously, the whole nosecone just flaps around on the back? The bot-mode arms can't fold out of the way of the combined elbow very well? The elbow can't bend more than 45 degrees without switching around the legs "wrong-way-round" and making it look ugly/affecting the combined wrist/hand/gun?

And I personally really don't like the colors----Blast-Off has bever been a bright red-brown with dark purple accents. He's deep dark brown, and a greenish-brown if anything. With BLACK* accents.

*this is a big sticking point for me on so many figures lately. Affects Thundercracker the worst/most often--nowadays they keep using navy blue, or dark grey---his accent color is BLACK. Utter, pure, absolute black. Period.

Blast-Off is the same. He should be mostly deep brown and black, with a purple chest. Not rust-brown and purple, with a lighter purple chest.

TL:DR----there's more 3P combiners coming, the other Defensor will likely be the next reveal. There will almost certainly be another Bruticus in the next 6-12 months. Save your gestalt money for something that's really a good and well-executed design, and not merely "huge".

Heck, Quantron will likely be out soon, all 5 members. Though it'll probably be the smallest one of the next 12 month's worth of gestalts----kinda the oppposite of the Warbotron crowd.

I'd also Hold off, I think 2015 maybe the year of the Takara MP Brute.

Since in one of the old interviews they said the success of the Autobot cars and their repaints would

determine if they would make a combiner.

Then they said due to the awesome sales, we're getting Jacky and Bee'.

So, at least for me, I'm gonna wait it out.

Pretty much that--while it is huge, and looks fairly cool in combined mode----it's just not that great for the individual bots nor vehicles. And proportions are wonky in combined mode.

True, "combined mode is everything" for a combiner----the design just strikes so many people (including me) as being lazy for bot mode, and combined articulation/limb aesthetics---seriously, the whole nosecone just flaps around on the back? The bot-mode arms can't fold out of the way of the combined elbow very well? The elbow can't bend more than 45 degrees without switching around the legs "wrong-way-round" and making it look ugly/affecting the combined wrist/hand/gun?

And I personally really don't like the colors----Blast-Off has bever been a bright red-brown with dark purple accents. He's deep dark brown, and a greenish-brown if anything. With BLACK* accents.

*this is a big sticking point for me on so many figures lately. Affects Thundercracker the worst/most often--nowadays they keep using navy blue, or dark grey---his accent color is BLACK. Utter, pure, absolute black. Period.

Blast-Off is the same. He should be mostly deep brown and black, with a purple chest. Not rust-brown and purple, with a lighter purple chest.

TL:DR----there's more 3P combiners coming, the other Defensor will likely be the next reveal. There will almost certainly be another Bruticus in the next 6-12 months. Save your gestalt money for something that's really a good and well-executed design, and not merely "huge".

Heck, Quantron will likely be out soon, all 5 members. Though it'll probably be the smallest one of the next 12 month's worth of gestalts----kinda the oppposite of the Warbotron crowd.

how certain are you of another full bruticus? have you seen sketches or something like that? will it be as g1 or more g1 than warbo?i think warbotron is ok. i was initilally blown away but now am a bit....lukewarm on it. hestitant to spend $500ish bucks on "lukewarm" if another bruticus is on the way that soon. the reason i want warbo is because i thought he might be the best bruticus we see within the near future.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I don't know anything about a new Bruticus---but look at Predaking. 3, plus a 4th one that's likely abandoned at this point (Justitoys'). We've got THREE sets of 3P Dinobots coming, 2 Skyfires, 2 UM's. 3P seems to LOVE to copy each other, whether intentional or not.

There's another Menasor coming for sure, Peaugh says there's another Defensor besides TFC's, and we know one of the head official MP designers wants to do Bruticus.

Warbotron is the first "real" 3P Bruticus---I'd be darn surprised if it's the only one that'll come out in the relative future. Plenty of room for one with G1-accurate vehicles, and/or an animation-style transformation (where BlastOff's wings are the chest-plate). Or simply one not *quite* so huge as Warbotron's.

I don't know anything about a new Bruticus---but look at Predaking. 3, plus a 4th one that's likely abandoned at this point (Justitoys'). We've got THREE sets of 3P Dinobots coming, 2 Skyfires, 2 UM's. 3P seems to LOVE to copy each other, whether intentional or not.

There's another Menasor coming for sure, Peaugh says there's another Defensor besides TFC's, and we know one of the head official MP designers wants to do Bruticus.

Warbotron is the first "real" 3P Bruticus---I'd be darn surprised if it's the only one that'll come out in the relative future. Plenty of room for one with G1-accurate vehicles, and/or an animation-style transformation (where BlastOff's wings are the chest-plate). Or simply one not *quite* so huge as Warbotron's.

hmm, while what you say makes sense i'm not sure i'm convinced. the counterpoint - we only ever really got one "real" superion. While i liked superion as a kid (and i assume he is the most popular autobot combiner being the first), the TFC version was just a little too off for me to like enough to actually get. Warbo's bruticus, so far as clearing that bar but barely. It is a little bit of FOMO (fear of missing out), but with the large minimum order qty's i'm not sure that its a valid concern. the market might quite l flooded with them after release. also whiles its the first REAL bruticus, i do think companies are wary of character fatigue. I mean There have been at least two different upgrade sets to th hastak's FOC bruticus which makes him acceptable to a certain portion of that potential market. Either way, i hope you are right, becuase i think warbo is good....but not THAT good (just like my nearly $600 hercules sitting on the shelf that in today's world...i would have never bought....and warbo's clearly looks better than herc). IMO it can always get MORE G1 inspired. Personally, i think the size is kind of ok...but woudln't gurt to got a bit smaller (like herc or rex sized) to more neatly fit into a "chug" display or larger to go into a more MP centric one.

BTW The other menasor....is warbo's, no? i also can't wait to see what a new group will do with defensor.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Am I the only one not feeling dino mode on Slag? The middle looks too thick and the back too skinny. Legs too short, and the piping looks cheap and wrongly matched with the colors on the rest.

Looks kind of turd shapped... doesn't have the powerful smooth lines of MP-08.

27424436d1394591427-fans-toys-ft-04-scor

it does look off. I thought it was just me that it looked goofy

20140303_073742_zps2ppjutlt.jpg

20140303_073748_zpsyz3r8mpe.jpg

20140303_073752_zpsz4zvkztd.jpg

20140321_230004_zpsvwomnauo.jpg

20140321_230018_zpspiesqhbo.jpg

20140321_233004_zpsozx4akls.jpg

20140321_233037_zpscs6emrkh.jpg

20140321_233107_zpslnsahlxw.jpg

20140321_233127_zpsm6bctw3r.jpg

20140321_233418_zpsac6cn9py.jpg

Am I the only one who doesn't ever watch emgo's reviews, because of the stupid intros?

I find them funny. Love the end dialogue between grimmy and slag. Just a guy being silly about grown ups collecting toys which all in all is a silly thing.

Also, he is more thorough then Peaugh. He transformed it properly where Peaugh didnt

Edited by slaginpit

No reviewer ever does everything perfect. I've seen many times where like 3 people will all get 90-95% of it, but all forget something different. I will often watch Peaugh, optibotimus, baltmatrix, vangelus, but rarely find that just one will cover everything.