That's a fan's 'shop. Real thing could be bigger or smaller.

I just don't want you to be disappointed if/when Ares doesn't utterly tower over the other gestalts. I do think he will be taller than Feral Rex, it's just not going to be nearly what comparing the torso-bots would imply.

There's that word again.

*sigh*

Yeah, I get it. Transformers and scale are never the best of friends.

That said, with no regard whatsoever for the size of the original G1 Predacons compared to other G1 toys, the size of an actual lion compared to an actual sports car/fighter plane/cab over engine truck/handgun, or the size of the Predacons' animation models in reference to other characters animation models, consider the average bot-mode sizes of the CHUGs Deluxes and Voyagers from Wave 1 of Classics through the current Generations releases of Armada Starscream, Springer, etc for approximate upper and lower limits for CHUG height. Now, which of the three not-Predakings being released by third parties appears to have individual Predacons that best fit within that CHUG range?

If you're including everything from a wave 1 Deluxe like Starscream, to a Voyager like Springer---then---all of them really. UT's bots I think are a bit bigger than Starscream, while MMC's are mostly Springer-ish, in height. TFC's---well, Nemean is bigger than all of those, but the limb bots are much smaller and unknown exactly what size they'll be.

You kind of HAVE to pick SOMETHING to base a size comparison on. You can't exclude real-life alt-mode and the G1 toy and the G1 animation---there's nothing left.

That said--my Predaking will be much larger than my Menasor. That's correct IMHO. :)

You kind of HAVE to pick SOMETHING to base a size comparison on.

I did. Relative bot-mode height of Deluxe and Voyager CHUGS

You can't exclude real-life alt-mode

Why not? If it's not going to bother me that Bumblebee's hatchback mode should be much, much smaller to be in scale with Starscream's F-15 mode, why should I have any concern at all where a robot lion fits in?

and the G1 toy

Because they were clearly better scaled?

and the G1 animation

This is the one area that probably does matter to me. Some bots should just be bigger than others. That being said, CHUG Galvatron is not even half the height of CHUG Powerglide, so clearly I can't be too picky.

there's nothing left.

On the contrary. All that's left is exactly what I specified. If I wanted Predaking to be displayed with my CHUGs, I'd want ones with individual components with sizes that fall within the typical sizes of CHUGs figures. Ideally, that would be a Voyager-sized Razorclaw with Deluxe-sized limbs.

Then again, it's not like I have the money for a Predaking right now...

The size range you specified covers the majority of TF figures ever made.

Asking for Razorclaw to be larger than the limbs is kinda against how the team has always been portrayed, as that is against toy/animation/comic. The Predacons have always been the exception in that they are explicitly all the same size. They are not a scramble-city combiner.

But what you're asking for I think may be closest to UT's version.

I know you have buddies at MMC

But .....BIGGER!

And Badder!

TFC%20Toys%20Predacons%20Conabus%20and%2

TFC%20Toys%20Predacons%20Conabus%20and%2

Easy to confuse fan speculation photoshops with the real product when TFC likes to keep their customers in the dark as to what they are actually buying.

The second member for Ares is due to be released this month yet there are only TWO pics showing how the hell the parts look combined. One is a tiny blurry POS and the other one is this one with the crumbling resin proto legs:

post-2996-0-82111200-1393882193_thumb.jpg

Here is Nemean in torso mode over the Feral Rex legs:

post-2996-0-63507200-1393882219_thumb.jpg

post-2996-0-27754200-1393882531_thumb.jpg

In other words, Ares will be just a bit bigger than FR. A bit more compared to the UT Predaking. Nothing to write home about.

Now here is the coherency of the FR members:

post-2996-0-01863100-1393882270_thumb.jpg

They look like a team. Not like a giant with some kids by its side.

Here is Nemean next to the other two limbs:

post-2996-0-54285400-1393882439_thumb.jpg

Perfect Effect's Warden looks the part of a big robot. Very nice finish and doesn’t have huge lion leg kibble hanging off its arms or meat fists with holes like a dinky deluxe does.

Apparently some group called Microblaze is working on a Voyager-sized Fall of Cybertron Onslaught. He'll be able to be used as a replacement for the Hasbro one and connect with the other Hasbro Generations Combaticons. What's more, he'll be sold with extra add-ons for the combined Bruticus mode. The result is less Hasbro's oddly-proportioned mess and closer to the Bruticus in the game.

1385018_473169969449178_178919619_n.jpg

Edited by mikeszekely

Apparently some group called Microblaze is working on a Voyager-sized Fall of Cybertron Onslaught. He'll be able to be used as a replacement for the Hasbro one and connect with the other Hasbro Generations Combaticons. What's more, he'll be sold with extra add-ons for the combined Bruticus mode. The result is less Hasbro's oddly-proportioned mess and closer to the Bruticus in the game.

That's a very respectable looking Bruticus. If was I into FoC, I'd be all over it.

Wow, the new DINObots from Gigapower is massive and it appear that they might do the entire DINO team. I like the way it look! we'll have to wait and see how the quality is. Already have FT Slag on preorder.

As for Skyfire, I'll wait and see how it looks from FansToy.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

I can't wait to have MMCs Leo Dux in my hands in a few weeks. Hopefully Planet Steel Express will ship them soon....

....hopefully without any highwayman intercepting my package at the customs office.

Loving that MP scale Skyfire (Kronos). Looking forward to alt mode pics. If the lineart on DaCa ToYs' site is accurate, it's going to look great, with a nice flat bottom sans robot kibble. So far it's shaping up to be the Skyfire toy I always hoped for.

Loving that MP scale Skyfire (Kronos). Looking forward to alt mode pics. If the lineart on DaCa ToYs' site is accurate, it's going to look great, with a nice flat bottom sans robot kibble. So far it's shaping up to be the Skyfire toy I always hoped for.

Ditto! From me.

Am I the only one not feeling dino mode on Slag? The middle looks too thick and the back too skinny. Legs too short, and the piping looks cheap and wrongly matched with the colors on the rest.

Looks kind of turd shapped... doesn't have the powerful smooth lines of MP-08.

27424436d1394591427-fans-toys-ft-04-scor

Edited by Gakken85

Dino mode looks too long. They also could've made him slightly shorter so that he'd be in scale with MP08 without having to give MP08 after market lifts. Lifts that look stupid when plugged into Grimlocks dino mode. I'll wait to see what the other 3P dino's look like. Gigapower Snarl looks pretty good but I'm wondering about scale for it as well.

Yeah.

1. It's too long, the upper body stretches too far.
2. the upper part of the tail also stretches out much too far giving and even more squat look squished look.
3. The toes are too short on the back.
4. The back alt legs need to be thicker and bigger - the FT's version looks like 4 identical legs, further breaking up the look.

Combine that with the fact that it's not to scale with 08... it's a big leap to spend $200 bucks.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1431x1000.

slag-alt.jpg

Grimlock is a favorite far and wide because, though it's modern and articulated, it brings in the lines of the original perfectly.
This piece does not, and that's what separates the big boys from the 3rd party companies.

It's easy to do a blaster that looks like a tube, but something like this takes some skills.
Not that it's a piece of crap, but it looks ... off. Good effort. But I'll be passing.

I thought it would be the one piece to make me buy a 3rd party but nope.

That Cy-Kill looks pretty sweet, however I'm sensing some part swapping to get those ...whatever they are...on his shoulders. They're supposed to be his bike tires, but those things are HUGE.

Although they tend to be looked down upon as compared to Transformers, the Gobots line had some neat designs. I wouldn't mind seeing a number of them revisited as modern toys. Road Ranger, and most of the aircraft, would get my interest.

Count me in as another dino fan feeling “meh” about Scoria.

I’m keeping a very close eye on the Gigapower dinobots. Hope they play it smart and put out a lower price. Their Snarl bot mode looks powerful and letting the dino legs hang in bot mode could help make the altmodes look better as well as be more cost effective.

Regarding the FT Scoria. I still do not understand why he isn't in scale with MP Grimlock. I'm also disappointed that the toy doesn't have the gold chrome behind the translucent plastic parts. For me this is the one feature that is the one unique feature that identifies the Dinobot for me.

However I could be biased because I can't buy this at the moment. ^_^