And yet they stick it next to MP-10 and MP-18 in their official photos as well. Also, it's such a G1 sculpt it really doesn't look like a proper Classics figure. Frankly, I think the problem is that it can't decide what it want's to be. The vehicle mode is super G1 animation in appearance and the bot mode matches the scale and aesthetic of the current MP line more than any classics/generation line. But the finish and engineering are strait up retail Classics release.

I'm not sure about the aesthetic... I expect that the eventual MP release will be less Choro-Q and more accurate to a real Classic Beetle in alt mode. I think it's tough to say that matches the scale of the current MP line, though. The thing is almost identical in proportion to Classics Bee. The current MPs have been slightly larger than their Deluxe-class CHUG counterparts, but on the other hand a Beetle is smaller than a Lamborghini or a Fairlady Z, so maybe that would be the right size for an MP Bee?

I think realistically, we'll see official releases of Ironhide & Ratchet (popularity & mold milking), Jazz & Hound (popularity) in time - I think these guys are definite. Trailbreaker maybe... He does have mininmal tooling and paint apps to turn him into to the other dudes (names escape me) and with Bee coming out - could Cliffjumper be far behind? Although technically he wasn't a VW beetle, but traditionally he's been redeco.

Mirage and Sunstreaker are candidates for 3P treatment I think - not much chance of official mold milking/redeco for these, so I don't think takara would be too interested. These guys could get diaclone releases too. We are already seeing minibots too emerging and there are still a few of them to go to complete the original cast.

Then again I haven't considered season 2 or movie autobots or any cons for that matter. Cons, I'd love to see would be a v2 Megatron.

My Bii over MP Bee preference comes from childhood memories. In the original show BB was this strange (choro q as you guys put it) squat VW bug and his G1 toy was the same design. That's how I'll always remember him.

In my eyes Bii looks like he drove right out of the cartoon. He isn't perfect in robot mode, but it's close enough for me to enjoy. I love that the other masterpieces are perfect representations of their characters and alt modes but a perfect VW bug just wouldn't look right to me.

As for his scale, like all transformers he has no specific height in the original series. Sometimes he is almost as tall as Wheeljack, others he is only 3 feet taller than a human.

the only retool/remold of trailbreaker is hoist.

And Choro-Q is a line of super deformed cars with pull back motors that was introduced in the 70's by takara. They where sold in the US as Penny Racers. bumblebee and cliffjumper's vehicle modes were directly based off existing Choro-Q sculpts.

Trailbreaker being remolded as Hoist - I thought for sure there was a third remold - but this just shows how much I don't care for the character!

I'd kinda like to see reflector - I have a soft spot for cloned sculpts - especially from G1. Insecticons would be very cool too. Dat blockyness.

I'd like a scaled-down MP-09 where the FRONT BUMPER LOCKS/PINS/PEGS into place, and isn't held in place with hopes and dreams...

(also, a different way to mount the spoiler--preferably one that actually holds it on straight, and not crooked)

His car mode is so close, yet has a few fairly easily avoidable issues that can really ruin the look from some angles. (and the front bumper thing is from almost all angles)

Mirage and Sunstreaker are candidates for 3P treatment I think - not much chance of official mold milking/redeco for these, so I don't think takara would be too interested. These guys could get diaclone releases too. We are already seeing minibots too emerging and there are still a few of them to go to complete the original cast.

Yeah, I reckon Sunstreaker would be a prime candidate for a 3rd party figure. I still have some hope that Takara would make their own toy of Mirage though.

Does your Revoltech Megatron need company? Check out these Revoltech style 'cons.

ok, this does kind of look cool:

Nice review. Just wish the purple was better and a bit more grey for the white parts like Peaugh says. A better price and I would pick it up; It does look like fun to transform.

UT have grown since their craptastic first release

yeah, if he was $80 I'd get him, maybe $90 but not for $115. did UT do anything before their Not-predaking? I don't think that was terrible, it was just really average at a time when two other companies were doing the same thing only arguably and unequivocally better.

Edited by anime52k8

I think Warlord was their first figure releases. It's not bad, yeah, I don't think me paying almost 130 after shipping is right considering I'll have to touch him up and a lack of wrist swivle making him locked in those arm positions. that's kind of a bummer!

.......But I'm repainting that gun barrel, and if i'm daring enough I'll be making those legs a bit darker. Eh......Seeing how I do need him so I have SOMETHING comparable for Protector....oh well. Better than what Hasbro gave us. And that even has a lot of the same issues! What's up with that?!

I guess I can see why, if you pay that much for a toy, any faults seem that much worse. But a quick glance at my CHUGs shelves shows very few CHUGs with wrist swivels.

As I've said before, I'm really not dissatisfied with the toy. For it's faults, I think it's an amazing Galvatron. But I think I agree that it's just too expensive. I'd have definitely ordered him at $80 or less, maybe even go as high as $100 (including shipping). More than that, though, and I've got other things I should be spending my money on.

I remember a rumor about UT being involved with KOs of classics seekers. Anyways, they are maturing fast. Their next project after they finish their Blaster could be really interesting.

UT could also do a recolor of Maniaking. FT has done more than one version of Quakewave and now they are saying that for this year they plan “3 main release and 4 repaint”. A big goal but they believe in a market for 3P repaints.

I really like the sculpt on Maniaking minus the cannon. A MP size would have won me over… but there also the heavy rumor of a Takara MP Galvatron next year.

It's so hard to keep track of 3rd party stuff these days. I've never heard of this until I saw a TFsource listing today.

so apparently it's Masterpiece Soundwave, scaled down to roughly old voyager size, and then every single piece re-sculpted to make him into Blaster. how odd.

http://tfsource.com/mega-steel/MS-03Radio/

reduced-image_8076_106.jpg

reduced-galery_image_8076_11813.jpg

I don't get the point of that one at all. For one thing, it doesn't really make a good looking Blaster to me since it shares so much aesthetically with Soundwave - even with the extensive altering is still mostly looks like Soundwave in a Blaster costume. Also...if they were going to do that much extensive altering to MP Soundwave, why not just make a Blaster completely from scratch since he's got one of the most simple alt modes and transformations? Odd indeed. I prefer the UT Blaster but I'm still hoping, praying and sacrificing small woodland creatures for a MP Blaster with minions.

MP blaster should be the next mp.. according to all rumors.

Makes sense to rush out the third party before the offical is announced.

"Third party" is just a way to cash grab american MP fans these days haha.

Edited by Gakken85

MP blaster should be the next mp.. according to all rumors.

Makes sense to rush out the third party before the offical is announced.

"Third party" is just a way to cash grab american MP fans these days haha.

that may be the most ignorant thing you've ever said. every sentence is fraught with fail

Edited by Mechapilot77

Granted, I'd really like HasTak to go back to Decepticons. The last NOT RETOOLED/MOLDED/PAINTED figure we got was Soundwave, and he's brilliant imo. But what about Megs 2.0? Or Galvatron? I'd almost like a triple changing MP figure like Astrotrain, granted, that'd be very expensive but if it's done well would make a killing.

Vote for Planet-X's next project! Planet-X is the group who just did FoC Swoop, and did WfC Omega Supreme before that. Note that these are also all WfC/FoC-themed versions, so keep that in mind---they will not be "G1 quasi-MP" versions of the characters.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.613294732071013.1073741848.398966060170549&type=1

They seem to be only using Facebook for the vote, so the only way to get your voice heard is to "like" the picture relating to the character you want to see.

Top row are the remaining 4 FoC-style dinobots of course, bottom row is Trypticon, Hound, Springer, Broadside.

I would of course encourage everyone to vote for Trypticon, as Planet-X has shown they can do huge figures like their Omega Supreme, and probably no other company would ever attempt a Trypticon. And Trypticon hasn't had a figure since the original G1. FansToys is planning on all the Dinobots in G1 style, and Hasbro is of course making TF4 versions, so I see little point in asking for even more of them, when there's a super-rare opportunity like TRYPTICON.

Their not-Omega-Supreme I think is still the largest/heaviest 3P figure by far, with 5 LED's. Imagine a Trypticon like that...

325_max.jpg

trypticon_concept_art__wfc__by_bagansmas

Well the MP-13B Soundblaster is a black repaint of Soundwave with Ratbat as a new figure.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figures-transformers/5832-transformers-masterpiece-mp13b-soundblaster.html

However I think this hardly qualifies as the Autobot know as Blaster. ^_^

Trypticon would be quite awesome but it would be too big done in the style of their Omega Supreme. At least for my collection.

Wasn't his alt-mode in WfC a giant orbital cannon of death?

Edited by Scyla

Well the MP-13B Soundblaster is a black repaint of Soundwave with Ratbat as a new figure.

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figures-transformers/5832-transformers-masterpiece-mp13b-soundblaster.html

However I think this hardly qualifies as the Autobot know as Blaster. ^_^

What? Now I'm really confused. How did Soundblaster get roped into this?

That Galvatron looks great. I'd only pay that price if it was MP10 sized and had an orange barrel. The cannon should be trivially easy to fix. I would prefer they did something else with the head in alt mode... and those wrists should swivel but otherwise just scale it up!