Doesn't really back your case as he still has the same basic colors as Grimlock, just tweaked. Silver instead of gray and some blue instead of black.

If he was pink and orange? Idk. Also, it's Grimlock, the Wolverine of Transformers.

Edited by Gakken85

Heh heh, figured that was coming. Thing is---big difference between it being a limited-run variation available to those who want that version, and being the ONLY version.

That isn't MP G1 Grimlock. That's MP comicbook Grimlock.

And as was mentioned---for Grimlock, the difference is less than it is for many characters, and half of it is due to "how comics show black". Navy instead of black----same category as "Superman's blue hair streaks".

And heck, based on that----MP-08X is wrong too for what it's trying to be. The comic seems to be a much darker silver-grey, whereas the MP-08X is lighter than the main MP-08.

Again you're expecting way too much from a third party figure that you're trying to force as as definitive version of a character (who has two or three definitive versions depending on who you talk to).

post-1819-0-71573700-1389229516_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-29507200-1389229542_thumb.jpg

Official Galvatron art is even different than the cartoon.

Gah, WTF UT?

89d10fb0jw1eca7u7w4jsj218g0xcn1b.jpg

That's FINAL COLORS. They just killed any good will they'd gotten from improving their not-Predacons. They said the earlier one wasn't final colors---this is even worse. Sadly, the box-art is spot-on------it's got "light grey and lavender" not "white and deep indigo":

89d10fb0jw1eca8etjbkrj20xc18gdlm.jpg

(and the cannon's, you know, mostly orange)

Hm could it be the lighting

1517633_712165415468843_1860569546_n.jpg

1529826_712165475468837_1863699701_o.jpg

1507454_712165382135513_1990669075_o.jpg

1493363_712165422135509_2044151329_o.jpg

I think the whole argument is kind of getting ridiculous. On one side, I'm basically hearing "Mania King is the worst thing ever because he's not the right shade of purple!" On the other side, it's, "Galvatron has been depicted in as all sorts of purples and even grays, so your opinion is invalid/wrong/stupid!"

To the first group, yeah, that purple is a little dark. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I still feel that Mania King is 100x better than the G1 toy, the CHUG toy, Energon Megatron, or any other Galvatron toy to have existed, and if Mania King is a little dark, well, he's still purple. It's not like he's orange. I'm not picky enough about the color to pass on what appears to be an excellent Galvatron toy.

To the second group, no one gives a crap about promo art from Japan, promo art from America, or old Marvel comic books. In the cartoon, he ranged from a bright to dull lavender purple, and Mania King is clearly darker than that (although probably not as bad as a crappy low-light cellphone pic makes it out to be). No amount of arguing or pics from other sources is going to change the fact that Mania King isn't colored exactly like the cartoon, or that for some people that matters.

The sooner we all agree that Mania King's color doesn't match the purple from the cartoon and that fact really bothers some people but other people not so much, the sooner we can talk about not-Menasor, not-Predaking(s), not-Headmasters, etc peacefully again.

Mine should be available pick up today, can't wait!! :wub:

I think Menasor fought with his sword more than any other weapon, and used it more than any other combiner for sure. Ironically, it was against Devastator and FakeMenasor...

Predaking and Piranacon are pretty well known for having swords---but how often did you actually see them use them? (I haven't finished Masterforce yet, so Piranacon may actually win out here eventually)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, so, is Galvatron supposed to be glossy or matte? And should his cannon's clear parts have a deep dark tint, or be colored with a more subtle transparency? :D Off to the -19 thread I go... :p

If anybody wants another flavour of bitching about Mania King here it is: I find the size of the cannon too kiddie toy looking. Same thing happens with Hegemon's. Wish they also included a smaller cannon on these things.

Well at least it is not as oversized as the arm cannon on MP Megatron. ^_^

Good God you can say that again! I have to display him without it. It's so big its stupid... which makes me wonder why no 3P ever did a smaller cannon and filler leg parts to make it less skinny. I'd buy that kit.

someone can do a size comparison of that galvatron with the mp10

Smaller. It's meant to be Voyager-sized, not MP sized.

EDIT: There aren't any pics of Mania King next to MP-10 that I could find. However, if you have or are familiar with Transformers Prime Ultra Magnus (the first one, not the Beast Hunters one that's a remold of Optimus), or Generations Blitzwing, Mania King is about the same size as them. Or, if you have Universe/Henkei Cyclonus, Mania King is a head taller than the top of Cyclonus' bunny ears.

Edited by mikeszekely

Good God you can say that again! I have to display him without it. It's so big its stupid... which makes me wonder why no 3P ever did a smaller cannon and filler leg parts to make it less skinny. I'd buy that kit.

There were official leg filler bits with the extra cannon accessories, I thought. You are right about the scope/arm gun, though. It sits so high far off the arm and tips the toy over.

You can't get more G1 than that Bee' and yet the Fandom cries out in anger.

I swear the Transfans are worse then Star Wars kids.

"It's not G1!" "It's too G1!"

I know right! WA its not G1 enough WA its a third party! but its so cool looking WA its too G1 one oh veh, I know what Carlin meant when he said your born into the freak show. I must say I will be getting that Galvatron and Bee. Its kinda funny watching a race of whodunit first in regards to MPish bots between third parties vs third parties vs Takara vs Hasbro. vs Third parties. BATTLE ROYAL!

What do you all think about the slow but sure trickle of MP class 3P figures?

There is definitely a market for bots that are not likely to be made by Takara due to licencing or perceived popularity/sales.

Who'd you like to see that you don't think will see the light if day, in an official capacity?

There is definitely a market for bots that are not likely to be made by Takara due to licencing or perceived popularity/sales.

Who'd you like to see that you don't think will see the light if day, in an official capacity?

Jazz, Cliffjumper, Skyfire, Shockwave, Sunstreaker, and the other four Dinobots.

And Sky Lynx, for giggles...

Aside from the most commonly mentioned ones I think Perceptor deseves an MP treatment. Not Sure if TT would do it anytime soon. there are so many other heavy hitters to go before you get to perceptor, but perceptor has an awesome bot mode, is both a microscope and a laser cannon tank thingy. He also has an easy repaint as Micro Robo Black pre TF deco (TF later repurposed this too as Magnificus). FT is doing the dinos. FT and Daca are both doing skyfire. i'd love to see the omnibots....no way TT will do those. they all had awesome vehicle alt modes too. i mean a ferrari a supra and an rx-7? 80s sports car goodness TT isn't likely to take on!

I apreciate the fact that they were going for a very G1 animation/Toy look with the flat pallet and Choro-Q proportions, but It just looks kind of cheap and not Masterpiece-y at all to me.

Lots of people in this thread seem intent on comparing Bii to a future MP Bee we haven't even seen yet. Why? I get that the MP cars have been smaller than MP-08, MP-09, MP-10, etc. And I get that the price of a third-party figure like Bii is closer to the price of an official MP release than a Deluxe-class. But it's pretty obvious, especially from the comparison pics with Classics Bee, that Bii is meant to be more CHUG than MP.

Lots of people in this thread seem intent on comparing Bii to a future MP Bee we haven't even seen yet. Why? I get that the MP cars have been smaller than MP-08, MP-09, MP-10, etc. And I get that the price of a third-party figure like Bii is closer to the price of an official MP release than a Deluxe-class. But it's pretty obvious, especially from the comparison pics with Classics Bee, that Bii is meant to be more CHUG than MP.

And yet they stick it next to MP-10 and MP-18 in their official photos as well. Also, it's such a G1 sculpt it really doesn't look like a proper Classics figure. Frankly, I think the problem is that it can't decide what it want's to be. The vehicle mode is super G1 animation in appearance and the bot mode matches the scale and aesthetic of the current MP line more than any classics/generation line. But the finish and engineering are strait up retail Classics release.