No. It's not Dakka toys, it's Fan toys. haha

All three are from fan toys. Not sure why you're so confused.

Well, so far Daca Toys was the one making a huge Masterpiece Skyfire for $165:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/957592-daca-toys-kronos.html

Warbotron looks bitchin', but just not feeling blast off in any mode.

I might get them if they release real world color version.

I'm not really keen on purple space shuttles and navy blue helicopters.

Hell, I may be in the minority, but if a real word fighter scheme was ever released on

The MP-11, or even MP-3, I'd be all over that like a pastors daughter!

I guess after thee different companies making thee different not Predakings (with rumors about a fourth one from WST) I shouldn't be surprised that there are two companies that making a not Skyfire.

Warbotron looks bitchin', but just not feeling blast off in any mode.
I might get them if they release real world color version.
I'm not really keen on purple space shuttles and navy blue helicopters.

Hell, I may be in the minority, but if a real word fighter scheme was ever released on
The MP-11, or even MP-3, I'd be all over that like a pastors daughter!

I like the fancy color schemes of the transformers and I don't think that MP-11 would make a convincing fighter especially not from the rear. The Kawamori Starstream was a good idea but needed some refinement. I feel that Takara went in the wrong direction with MP-11.

I like the fancy color schemes of the transformers and I don't think that MP-11 would make a convincing fighter especially not from the rear. The Kawamori Starstream was a good idea but needed some refinement. I feel that Takara went in the wrong direction with MP-11.

Takara was beyond lazy with MP-11. They just reused the old pre Kawamori proto abd called it a day. Mp-11 is a really dated looking toy. And to top it all off they used that ugly and cheap looking grey plastic.

Not a fan of Grimlock's platform shoes. While an argument could be made that Grimlock is big, and needed to be taller than he was so he can be taller than Prime, I'm more concerned about Grimlock's size vs. the other Dinobots. In my mind/remembrances, Grimlock was the biggest (though an argument could be made for Sludge). The fact they Grimmy needs an add-on to be as tall as their Slag tells me their Slag is too big.

Agreed. They should scale the rest of the Dinobots off MP08... Or do their own MP08

There's certainly room to improve on MP08 with better articulated hands and particularly the tail

I agree. I think Slag should be smaller. I'd rather see them in scale to mp08 and about the same size as prime, than have them bigger and a funky looking Grimlock.

But FT are good about feedback so hopefully they will see.

Also they have to do gold chrome if the rest of their dinosaurs transforming toys. They had some die-cast in their Quakewave figure (which I didn't like because it looks so bland) but I'm not sure they can make the chrome work. To my knowledge it is very hard do make a good chromed piece that is shiny, flawless and durable.

I also agree that they should either make them in scale with Grimlock or make their own. The leg blocks are kinda ugly. I think if they hat various parts included with the different figures that make MP Grimlock better that would be great. Like two articulated hands (they offered a set where you could do something along that lines for Quakewave) or a sword and gun in the style of the one shown in their images for Gimlock.

Now that I think about if. If the leg blocks can stay attached while transforming Grimlock they would be decent. To look good they have to match the color and the plastic perfectly based on MP Grimlock which is a hard thing to do.

I love that size, the Dinos should not be smaller than Optimus. I hope FT go with the anime colors instead of the toy colors, because I like the horns to be chrome.

I agree that FT should do their own version of Grimlock, but also offer the option of the Frankanstine shoe to the existing MP08 Grimlock for those who are on tight budget. The Frankenstein shoe isn't too bad.

Those elevator shoes on MP Grimlock look plain dumb, there's no way I'd be slapping those clod kickers on my MP-08. I think they look even worse on his back. If that's FT's solution to keep Grimmy taller, then it's probably too late to hope that they would shrink down their Slag. That being said, FT's Slag looks cool, and I wouldn't it being a little taller than Grimmy.

Sorry this doesn't excite me in anyway. Maybe because I don't like the look, maybe because I have already payed for three members of the Feral Rex team.

The legs look wobbly but that might be due to the prototype status. Besides that they look like folded up robots and I like the extra step MMC took in transforming the legs and hiding the crotch of the leg-bots. I would preferred it if the lower legs would collapse inward to make the animal legs a bit slimmer.

On TFCs the torso also looks very unbalanced with the small waist and the long arms. I prefer the smaller arms on Ares however because the MMC forearms are again too wide for my tastes due to the rear animal legs not folding into the arms pieces.

Also the Ares looks terrible busy with all the details, edges and cavities. That says something because MMCs style has also a manifold of this design elements. Overall I prefer the MMC version but if this image makes you happy good for you.

I'm terribly biased because I have Bovis on my desk! :D

if Unique toys take was it's only competition, I'd say TFC had a winner, unfortunately their effort is still a country mile behind MMC's not-predaking.

In that sense the UT one makes up for their lazy partsforming with a lower price and a much better integrated look in combined form compared to the TFC one.

The Ares torso has a simple looking finish but the legs have huge amounts of panel detail in comparison. And then you have the arms; they have more going on than the torso but because of a lot of raised areas instead of the more refined finish the legs have. All those differences makes for a rather slapped together looking combiner when you look at it closelly.

I'd have to say TFC stinks imo. Their work is shoty on it's own with the complaints they've had over their Hercules line with broken parts and tons of upgraded pieces needing to be added on later. Then later the same issue happens with Uranos. No one liked the way the combined form looked, and many complained over floppy joints and broken pieces on some of the figures then again, MORE upgrade parts coming for the figure.

After seeing the prototype combined mode it made me cringe, I don't like the set up at all. And I'm sure I wont like the price.

UT is more for the CHUGS, which is what I'm there for.

MMC can be used as CHUGS though they're to big imo, but pretty close to Masterpiece scale

TFC is probably more for the master piece line, but I'll never buy them.

Believe me, I've hashed this out ad nauseum over on the 2005 forums already... the different 3P Predaking options have really created a divided atmosphere, but my gut feeling has been all along that I want to go with Ares over the other two.

Nothing against MMC's design, it just seems to have a little too much of the SD proportions going on in combined mode for me. The beast modes' spindly legs in cartridges on the sides of the shins is something I really can't get past either, especially when compared to what the TFC bots are doing in that regard.

If Ares turns out to be a lemon, I'll admit to it, but taken as a whole package (all 3 modes) I felt the most confident about it being a good addition on my shelf. Reviews of Nemean so far have been pretty positive, particularly when focusing on the shortcomings of the earlier TFC designs (such as loose hips). This will, however, be the first ever TFC product that I've purchased, so I'll definitely approach it with cautious optimism.

Believe me, I've hashed this out ad nauseum over on the 2005 forums already... the different 3P Predaking options have really created a divided atmosphere, but my gut feeling has been all along that I want to go with Ares over the other two.

If you've been to TFW, then you should know my feelings on the matter pretty well. :)

Nothing against MMC's design, it just seems to have a little too much of the SD proportions going on in combined mode for me. The beast modes' spindly legs in cartridges on the sides of the shins is something I really can't get past either, especially when compared to what the TFC bots are doing in that regard.

If Ares turns out to be a lemon, I'll admit to it, but taken as a whole package (all 3 modes) I felt the most confident about it being a good addition on my shelf. Reviews of Nemean so far have been pretty positive, particularly when focusing on the shortcomings of the earlier TFC designs (such as loose hips). This will, however, be the first ever TFC product that I've purchased, so I'll definitely approach it with cautious optimism.

I you prefer the TFC design and build-quality then more power to you. However I can't understand why. ^_^

Don't get me wrong there are problems with the MMC design but if played with a few of them and they have so many intricate design quirks and features that they are a joy to handle. The accessories are mighty nice. That begins with the "trailer" of the Knight Morpher Commander, continues with the Cyclops mini sub bonus figure and the super shuriken of the Airborne Squad and has its pinnacle in the combining weapons of Feral Rex that can be stored on several places of the individual robots.

I have a few collector toys but none of them are as toy like as MMCs bots (minus Cyclops). :)

And UT finishes their Predaking with the fifth and final figure, with TFC and MMC currently tied at 1 team member released each. (though MMC's second figure is in-transit to stores)

1470061_697320196953365_653612366_n.jpg

Interestingly, UT released "lion-torso" last, TFC did it first, and MMC is doing it right in the middle.

And, if you want the original G1 Predaking, BBTS has it for 90 bucks right now. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22988&mode=retail

it is a parts-former? ^_^

I understand that most combiners are but the thing with the head, skirt, abdomen and an extra set of wings for combine mode seems kinda lazy to me. Or can they store all over the figure when it is not combined?