Being a third party company that doesn't really have to give a crap about anything, can they please just call the alt mode a space dildo on the box? pretty please? That would be enough to make me buy it.

This is apparently going to be a thing...

Unique%20Toys%20Dark%20Rising%20Messiah%

So does that mean no MP Galvatron from Takara in the next decade? :(

I didn't like what Unique Toys did with their Predaking interpretation so even if i would love to have a Galvatron figure this is not for me until I saw a dozen reviews on this thing. ^_^

Now this is how you do a freaking combiner:

post-2996-0-41313500-1381866821_thumb.jpg

The legs can be adjusted in three different heights:

Short

post-2996-0-31584900-1381866699_thumb.jpg

Medium

post-2996-0-83533600-1381866711_thumb.jpg

Tall

post-2996-0-45251600-1381866724_thumb.jpg

More of Peaughs pictures here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/635101-mmc-feral-rex-mega-thread-1683.html#post10146434

These are samples; very early in the case of the arms. The final yellow is the one Leo has (the rhino has the old shade).

I've been messing around with Hyper Novae/Nova Prime tonight and decided to take some quick and drity cell phone pics to show some size comparisons with this figure and MP-10. If it wasn't obvious in the reviews, now you can see that these two trucks are not in the same class. I was surprised. For some reason I thought Nova wwould at least be as large as Optimus. Maybe it was the Gundam-esque wings or maybe it was my poor eyesight. :blink:

That said, both of them are pretty sweet.

I'll try and get some robot mode pics up later...

A familiar red box truck and a sleek Cybertronian cab

post-5492-0-78148800-1381901645_thumb.png

A lengthwise comparison with trailers attached

post-5492-0-23299400-1381901655_thumb.png

Edited by technoblue

No worries, Valkyrie Hunter. I needed my own excuse to start unpacking this stuff and posting pictures. ;)

I picked up HyperNovae from TFSource. I had already placed the preorder when you told me that I could buy direct (oops) and cancelling it would have been a hassle. Lesson learned. Shipping was free, though, and I guess after the $10 markup it all evens out, haha. The figure arrived in a nice priority mail shipping box. Inside that box was the exact same doubleboxed Makeytoys packaging shown in early reviews. TFSource also sent a card with a note on transformation tips, which is a nice touch if you happen to miss most of the reviews on the Internet or want a reference card to keep with the instructions.

I received the bonus wing inserts and stickers and I'll make sure to fit them for the robot pics.

is there a box set of that Predaking, and where to buy?

Looks awesome man!!

Was bovis the last piece? how is the articulation?

It's going to be months before it's actually finished. Bovis was the first and so far only piece actually released. These are pics of an early test from the factory of the last 3 members that MMC sent to Peaugh. Colors and paint apps aren't final--even the Bovis in that group is an early test. Part of the reason they sent it to Peaugh is so he can test it out and see what needs to be tweaked before the remaining members actually go into production. That said, he's been testing out the articulation:

BWmd9fSIAAAhcba.jpg

BWrmEJXIgAAAfdi.jpg

And some size comparisons:

BWqmvtZIgAAG_jO.jpg

BWj1RYuIgAAF6Kk.jpg

Gah, our forum isn't allowing linking to the full-size versions of the pics, even via thumbnail---go here for full-size versions: https://twitter.com/Peaugh/media

That looks great. Saw peaugs video for Leo Dux. Thought he mentioned that the leg retraction will be an item that they will look into when doing another test shot/the final product. I wish the legs for Bovis and Fortis could slide inwards too. They just look a tad to bulky and lead to an a-stance all the time.

I have to say it is really cool looking and I have high hopes that MMC will change Talon in a way that his tail is not flopping around on the forearm of Feral Rex and that the talons will blend in nicely on the final release. He also said that the guns on the back of Leo Dux where painted but I could not identify the color. Might be gun-metal but they look black to me.

Also can someone cast this claymore with sharp edges. It would be a pretty cool letter knife.

Well if you know the Gundam Heavy Arms Custom then the left thigh in the pictures has an extended missile bay that is ready to unleash hell. This might be familiar to you so you won't recognize the mistake. :)

But oh my I will hit the panic button and cancel my preorder for Leo Dux because this is clearly horrible and will spoil the whole combiner for me! ;)

Finally got some time to take a few pics of HyperNovae. Once I made sense of the transformation and got everything to lock together, it's a pretty solid toy. Paint apps are neat, plastic quality is superb and the material feels durable. Needless to say, with the wings on it gets top heavy, but I was able to get it to stand on its own in that fourth pic. Included were transparent orange parts that can be inserted into the wing recesses, but I haven't put them on yet. Also included were silver stickers that may be used instead of the orange parts. I still don't know if I should the stickers, the orangey bits, or both :p .

npt1_zps86d2d5dd.jpg npt2_zpse5e1369d.jpg npt3_zps52eaada4.jpg npt4_zps662a6fb2.jpg

Sweet, Valkyrie Hunter. I like how you posed the wings in your last photo.

Regarding the orange and silver bits: the video reviews that I've watch have shown both. Most reviewers are sticking the silver stickers to the orange bits to catch the light in the dark wings. It's a nice effect, but I haven't decided what to do either.

Finally got some time to take a few pics of HyperNovae. Once I made sense of the transformation and got everything to lock together, it's a pretty solid toy. Paint apps are neat, plastic quality is superb and the material feels durable. Needless to say, with the wings on it gets top heavy, but I was able to get it to stand on its own in that fourth pic. Included were transparent orange parts that can be inserted into the wing recesses, but I haven't put them on yet. Also included were silver stickers that may be used instead of the orange parts. I still don't know if I should the stickers, the orangey bits, or both :p .

npt1_zps86d2d5dd.jpg npt2_zpse5e1369d.jpg npt3_zps52eaada4.jpg npt4_zps662a6fb2.jpg

so basically, it's a significantly retooled battle tanker with a heavily modified KO of generations laser prime to put it on.

Yeah, and it makes for a killer toy. It's definitely not lineart accurate compared to Figueroa's design, but it's close enough. I know a group called Master Collectables made a far more accurate version of Nova Prime, but it was more expensive and only a few actually made it to production. As far as MMC's version is concerned, rumor has it that it may not even be made.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap:

This might be my first third party :D

These are going to be close to 10inches

Apparently it's going to come with an addon for mp-08 to make him a little taller.

xHcXB.jpg

Sx774.jpg

KtfIy.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

That is sweet.

HasTak will probably not allow Fanoys to make a MP sized not-Grimlock right? RIGHT? ^_^

I wonder if the will have chrome on them.

One question: where is the forth member of the Dinobots in this picture? :)

The silhouette looks like him but why is he in the frame? The Kronos is not made by FansToys. I thought the most logical solution would be that FansToys is making the Dinobots to accommodate MP Grimlock because the guy on the right looks like a Pterodactyl.

Weird they're asking 200 bucks for it hm..... I like their Quakewave and it would be nice if this fits with MP Grimlock.

20131112122521407.jpg

BBTS has the price for all the members of Warbotron. So for $476 you can have a gigantic combiner. So if their Menasor keeps the same price it will only be $86 more than FP Intimidator. And this one looks like the car limbs actually have some transformation in leg mode. In other words, FP is really overpriced.

And now with Fan Toys Dinobots the 3P war for the wallet is going to get really intense next year.

FINALLY, we will have the Dinobots in scale with MP10, this me like. I've been patiently waiting and hopping for this, I even hold out on the G1 reissue. I hope they use die-cast just like their Quickwave and if the quality is as good as Quickwave, I'll buy all the Dinos in a heartbeat. As a kid, I was able to get my hands on Sluge, I wanted Swoop so bad, but now money.

And on top of that, we'getting getting Skyfire in scale with MP10, yes!

FANSTOYS truely is Fan's Toys!

Is this Warbottron company that is making the Warbottron a new company or have they any affiliations with another third party company?

That's a generations sized Skyfire (jetfire)

Any information that goes further than that? The silhouette looks like the Daka Toys interpretation of Skyfire. So if this is true why is it showing up on a FansToys promo picture. The other possibility would be that FansToys is making their own Skyfire but still why is it on a promo for two dinosaurs that turn into robots.

If the silhouette on the right is not the FoC Swoop right?

Could you elaborate on that a bit?