"Early Bird" for the important piece of a project that has been miss informing fans for months about pricing? Dumb thing has taken so long that it looks outdated now with it's hollow elbows and cars just stuck in front of the legs.

LOL, that pic of the gestalt mode hides the flaws of the toy really well! The angling of the right arm as well as the sword itself conveniently covers up the hollow elbows.

FP/Maketoys are masters at that. To the point that the yellow version of Hook/Crane from "Giant" was basically considered false advertising due to how they concealed how the crane-arm actually is, in bot-mode. So now everyone looks REALLY carefully at any pic they put out, to look for similar issues---and M3/Intimidator sure has them, and they're trying to hide them the same way. Nobody "angles to hide kibble/gaps" like FP/MT does.

How big is he? Fort isn't Max if he's not BIG.

Reported to be about Voyager class size. He has the ability to work with G1/Encore Fort Max's body as a new head. Cerebro's head will also transform into a head master figure. There's also reports he'll be able to transform into a tank like his IDW incarnation can as well.

Screw that neon lion. Now Bovis, that there is a toy worth its price!

attachicon.gifIMG_2806.JPG

Great plastic, really big and heavy and FUN (colors look a lot better in person too).

Wow that's much larger than I was expecting. I can't wait to get mine though I'll have to wait since I bundled it with Talon. Dunno when that'll come out. Can you please take a pic in leg mode? The plastic looks good, almost matte from the pics unlike the shiny knock off like plastic that Unique toys is using. Is it textured or just matte?

Edited by mass driver

Wow that's much larger than I was expecting. I can't wait to get mine though I'll have to wait since I bundled it with Talon. Dunno when that'll come out. Can you please take a pic in leg mode? The plastic looks good, almost matte from the pics unlike the shiny knock off like plastic that Unique toys is using. Is it textured or just matte?

Here you go:

post-2996-0-71742200-1380218022_thumb.jpg

Here you can see lots of comparisons:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-reviews/957190-mmc-mastermind-creations-r-03-feral-rex-bovis.html

The plastic is smooth. Best feeling plastic I've touched in a long time. And I can't stop transforming and posing it!!

Now that I look at them, a lot of my 3P TF and MPs are irritating or just don’t have enough character for me to want to play with them. Same thing with a lot of my other expensive Japanese “collectibles”.

Really makes you see that most valks, pretty as they are, are a pain in the ass to handle. With the Bandai ones it is always "oh, have to be careful here not to scratch the paint”, then getting the loose joints, then getting stabbed or just plain put off by the overcomplex transformation (looking at you 171). Almost same thing with the recent Yamto ones. The 17 even made me bleed… actually the last fun valk that I couldn’t stop transforming like Bovis was the 1/48.

Like I said, valks are gorgeous to look at and their engineering is praise worthy but I think that after Bovis I’ll go for stuff that actually is fun to handle in my collection.

Thanks for the pictures Twoducks. That really looks good.

I've come to a crossroads with my collecting as well. Since I've pretty much gotten a representation of all the 'bots or characters I've ever cared about, I've become far more selective with my purchases. Playability and "fun factor" are becoming more and more important. I look at all the macross stuff I have and realize just how little I handle any of them. Same deal. They are expensive, some are fragile, and most simply aren't "fun" to transform so I hardly ever touch them. I'm still yearning for a modern gokin toy in a fanchise that I care about that rugged, fun to handle, and displays well.

Hase anyone picked up Maketoys' Hyper Novae (not-Nova Prime)? I wonder if I should start a collection of Primes? This figure looks nice and it seems TFSource is also starting a pre-order for the limited edition release.

reduced-image_7728_106.jpg

I have to echo what a few people already wrote about the armored version shown above: It reminds me of a Gundam. ;)

Edited by technoblue

Here you go:

attachicon.gifIMG_2893.JPG

Here you can see lots of comparisons:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-reviews/957190-mmc-mastermind-creations-r-03-feral-rex-bovis.html

The plastic is smooth. Best feeling plastic I've touched in a long time. And I can't stop transforming and posing it!!

Now that I look at them, a lot of my 3P TF and MPs are irritating or just don’t have enough character for me to want to play with them. Same thing with a lot of my other expensive Japanese “collectibles”.

Really makes you see that most valks, pretty as they are, are a pain in the ass to handle. With the Bandai ones it is always "oh, have to be careful here not to scratch the paint”, then getting the loose joints, then getting stabbed or just plain put off by the overcomplex transformation (looking at you 171). Almost same thing with the recent Yamto ones. The 17 even made me bleed… actually the last fun valk that I couldn’t stop transforming like Bovis was the 1/48.

Like I said, valks are gorgeous to look at and their engineering is praise worthy but I think that after Bovis I’ll go for stuff that actually is fun to handle in my collection.

+ 1 on this. Bovis is alot of fun. Finally something that looks fantastic AND is tough AND you can drop without any worries (just broke my yf-19 when it fell off my stand) AND is fun!!! If i consider the whole combiner as 1 figure, then this is the first time i am buying 400 - 500 $ for a toy (actually 5 - 6), but this will be alot funner that any Valks i have, and will be the best toy (s) ever. I am also getting Hexatron now. MMC is really delivery beautifull and fun toys.

Sure, i love all my valks, especially my vf-19 fire valk, they are all wonderful display units, but after the 1/48 era, i feel that this is the first time i have a toy that is both easy to transform and has super tight joints, AND for the first time, i dont fear it can brake. Definetly worth getting. Sure would also love a yf-19 from Arcadia for a display piece only, but more than happy with my vf-19s and fire, and Arcadia is beyond my price reach now, and am extremely happy switching to MMC and Fans Toys transformers for the heavy massive plastic feel, easy transformation, and fun factor of always wanting to handle my toys. This is ALOT of bang for the bucks guys, MMC products are not overpriced at all.

Bbts is taking orders on not max and not overlord. Overlord is expensive! 250 bucks by bts who made sonicron......meh.

max though i ordered but I got a gut feeling a battle station is down the road.

MMC has announced that they will be making an Overlord too!!!

Edited by Arthurius

Hase anyone picked up Maketoys' Hyper Novae (not-Nova Prime)? I wonder if I should start a collection of Primes? This figure looks nice and it seems TFSource is also starting a pre-order for the limited edition release.

reduced-image_7728_106.jpg

I have to echo what a few people already wrote about the armored version shown above: It reminds me of a Gundam. ;)

I already bought one straight from Maketoys' website for slightly less than TFSource, and it arrived fairly quickly. I'd love to tinker around with it and take pics, but I'm still on vacation. My initial impression is that it looks exactly like the promo shots and it feels solid. What surprised me is that there is actually a "core" bot which is essentially a retooled RTS Prime. When I get back, I'll have to take some pics.

I already bought one straight from Maketoys' website for slightly less than TFSource, and it arrived fairly quickly. I'd love to tinker around with it and take pics, but I'm still on vacation. My initial impression is that it looks exactly like the promo shots and it feels solid. What surprised me is that there is actually a "core" bot which is essentially a retooled RTS Prime. When I get back, I'll have to take some pics.

Nice! I look forward to your photos.

I haven't kept up with the comics as much as I should have, but I really like the design of this figure.

Looks like Arthurius beat me to the punch. Here's the teaser pic. I hope MMC's Overlord is faithful to the G1 toy with separate tank and jet modes. Some gimmics activated by the powermasters would be nice.

post-12800-0-77738400-1380403098_thumb.jpg

Edited by mass driver