But what about when Capcom makes a Zelda game?

Something tells me that Gakken85's less confused over the "third-party" part and more confused over the "licensed" part. We talk about all kinds of unofficial, unlicensed third party stuff in this thread, but I can't remember anyone making a licensed third-party Transformer.

Kotobukiya made licensed Transformers Revoltechs, CM's Corp did figures of Minerva and Ginrai from headmasters in their Gutto kuru line. Art Storm is doing officially Licensed Roadbuster figures out of their existing ES and EM Gokin mugen caliber toys.

Third party means unofficial in like every collectors vocabulary. And I'm willing to bet that Sentinel wouldn't market it as a 3rd party anything haha.

There's a lot of terms that accurately describe something that a marketing department would never use. This is getting into terms that have very specific connotations within niche circles that are outside of there more generally understood or accepted usage.

Edited by anime52k8

Right, and nobody talks about third party licensed figures. Ever.

They say, This company is doing this (officially), or they say, this third party is doing this.

Otherwise we'd have 3 threads. One for Takara, one for "third party official" and one for "Third party unofficial".

Why? Except for the dubious head sculpt I really like it. Although I definitely want a look at the underside of the jet.

Yeah I hate the animated style head but the rest looks pretty damned cool.

Ok, now I know most TF fans aren't as picky as me or Valk fans when it comes to sleek jet-modes and lack of kibble, but I am surprised at how many people are saying this is the best jet-mode of TFC's not-Aerialbots. To me, it's a big part of the reason I passed on the set----here's their F-16:

27381613d1375415893-new-tfctoys-project-

You can't tell me they couldn't have trimmed off SOME of the blockiness there.

Ok, now I know most TF fans aren't as picky as me or Valk fans when it comes to sleek jet-modes and lack of kibble, but I am surprised at how many people are saying this is the best jet-mode of TFC's not-Aerialbots. To me, it's a big part of the reason I passed on the set----here's their F-16:

WTF, that...that...butt, that's just pure laziness!

I'm with you David, I'm a fan of jets, especially transforming jets. That's the reason I'm into Macross, I'm more into jets than the charactors.

27380312d1374973961-maketoys-quantron-im

He'll look much better with his giant cyber-bow-gun removed from behind his head and actually held as a weapon.

BTW, it does seem that against all common sense, Justitoys is going ahead with their Predaking. So yes, that means there's now FOUR third-party Predakings coming.

I never like Computron, but this look promising!

The exhaust nozzle extents out but yeah, TFC made more blocky crap here. And those fists hanging off the side are just pure lazy. For gods sake, if you are just making a box with wings, at least let it hide the hands!! There is enough space for that in a flying box!.

But TF only fans that are into 3P will love it... as they basically love every overpriced crap they chuck at them as long as it is the only version of a character being made.

It UT was the only one making Predaking, they would praise those tiny overpriced little bricks like the second coming of Christ.

The TFC sculpt works for some groups. I own Hercules and Perseus (don't ask) but I passed on Uranos, simply because I cant spend $600 on something that only kind of looks good in combined mode. Having said that, I don't think I can pass on Computron. The Technobots alt modes are unique enough that I can accept liberal interpretations provide they preserve the late 80's color scheme.

One predaking was enough, two bred nice competition, three was market saturation leading to either cancellations or clearance (of most likely only certain members of the group from each manufacturer, making it a pain to collect), four (especially with Justitoys) is a waste.

Just brought Hexatron back from the store. He's a thing of beauty. I can't really find anything to complain about, other that some rather overly-tight areas and a rather pointless gimmick, in which he's able to remove his helmet, but inside it's just a "bald" head. I suspect there might have been a second helmet for him to wear, but was canceled.

I do love the convertible shurikens! They feature retractable blades, and become his hubcaps when not in use. It's pretty hard to get his fingers to grip them, but once you do, they're really a sight to behold!

So far, I've only transformed him into his wolf and star cruiser mode, and both look very nice. The wolf's head has pretty decent articulation, and the start cruiser looks the part.

He's a very heavy toy, despite the lack of die-cast metal. I think he's got a crapload of quality plastic on him.

oh jeez thats embarrassing

The exhaust nozzle extents out but yeah, TFC made more blocky crap here. And those fists hanging off the side are just pure lazy. For gods sake, if you are just making a box with wings, at least let it hide the hands!! There is enough space for that in a flying box!.

But TF only fans that are into 3P will love it... as they basically love every overpriced crap they chuck at them as long as it is the only version of a character being made.

It UT was the only one making Predaking, they would praise those tiny overpriced little bricks like the second coming of Christ.

relax there buddy, I like my 3rd party and sure there are some real garbage ones. But when you take this and combine him man I dont think hasbro has anything as good

dunno if i want MMC's Nova Prime....seeing how it's said to be the same size as Hexatron, which I've pretty much decided is a MP figure.....so due to it's size I just don't have the room. Think I'll have to go with Maketoys version.

Actually, they're asking people how much to ask. As in "name your size class/price point" and that's what they'll do based on the fandom's response. They want to sell them. If there's a bunch of people who want a gigantic $170 figure, that'll be it. If people are more along the lines of a $90 voyager, there you go. The basic design is set, but not the actual size/molds etc. I believe the "intended" idea is to match Hexatron, but if the demand is strongly for something else, then it'll likely change.

I got Reprolabels' "Classics Breakdown" set today----AKA, the set for FP's Car Crash. I bought it only for the red hood stickers, but they just don't work IMHO. Very first transformation attempt after applying one sticker---it peels up the corner. And trust me, I've transformed CC enough times to have perfected the "corner-avoidance" step you have to do the front fenders first, before rotating them to clear the hood---still not enough. The red hood sticker material looks AWESOME, but just not practical IMHO due to how the hood transforms. Maybe if you literally intend to keep it in combined mode forever.

So I carefully removed the one experimental sticker I had tried and placed it back on the sheet. So it's a 99% unused, 100% complete sheet. Just one sticker had one corner peeled up a millimeter or two. But it's fine.

5 bucks including shipping in US/Canada, if anyone wants it.

Actually, they're asking people how much to ask. As in "name your size class/price point" and that's what they'll do based on the fandom's response. They want to sell them. If there's a bunch of people who want a gigantic $170 figure, that'll be it. If people are more along the lines of a $90 voyager, there you go. The basic design is set, but not the actual size/molds etc. I believe the "intended" idea is to match Hexatron, but if the demand is strongly for something else, then it'll likely change.

I personally hate that his non-trailer alt mode reminds me of G1 Wheelie's. Really doesn't look like something a Prime, or ever the ultimate glaidator that he's supposed to be in the Hexatron comic, would transform into.

I wonder how much he'll cost if he's the same size as Hexatron?

I'd like to see HG even try to slap a C&D on a Chinese 3rd party company.

I doubt HG would do anything, it looks way off base from a valk. I do like it better than the other 3rd party Jetfire as it reminds me of the ship from Axelay.

Axelay... one great shooting game from the Golden Age of Konami.

After TFC's, I think at least a few people are looking for "sleeker" Superion jets, and while that Bruticus is awesome, I don't know how they'd do with jet-formers, kibble-wise. Blast-Off is the biggest/bulkiest of the team (compared to "iconic G1 look" so that doesn't bode all that well for making a fighter jet.

::edit::

Anyways, it's going to be HUGE:

4cni.jpg

(that's not just Herc, that's Herc with the leg-extenders)