:blink: frakk man... that's my ultimate nightmare right there (along with stuff from japan being on an airplane that crashes into the pacific ocean.)

What really sucks is where it supposedly occurred and where I live is maybe 30 miles distance.

Congrats on getting your not-Shockwave, Massdriver!

BTW, is that just mistransformation, or does not-Shockwave's alt mode have a very obscene-looking trigger? :blink:

Its mistransformed. You're supposed to push that up further but I decided to mistransform it on purpose to use it as a trigger of sorts.

@ Hikuro, I really hope you get your package once they sort things out.

Edited by mass driver

More than any of the "real" seekers? I mean, I bet MP Skywarp or Starscream would sell better in the US on the new mold despite being re-releases, than Acidstorm. 90% of G1 fans don't even know who he is.

(especially if Starscream is grey and clean this time, as opposed to white with soot patches---and a blue nosecone instead of gunmetal)

I admit Skywarp's potential sales are kinda iffy, as his colors would likely be identical to the previous release, and is a "lesser" character than Starscream. Thundercracker always has the potential to be rich dark metallic blue vs animation plain blue, but Skywarp's colors are pretty set across even multiple releases.

(I however, would so buy a new-mold MP Skywarp--rather have a nice G1-toy-colored Thundercracker, but will take what I can get)

Yet no combiners, and combiners make up like half of all 3P offerings and seem to be THE thing fans want. FP Bruticus and TFC Hercules are still THE landmark releases among 3P stuff, for really grabbing people's attention, and converting many of the most hardcore "Hasbro-only" fans.

90% of the G1 stuff I still have, is combiners. Sure, I'll probably pick up Hasbro's new Blitzwing, but that's it. All the rest of my money goes to combiners--and Hasbro isn't offering any good ones. (yeesh, they followed up FoC Bruticus with BH Abominus)

Generations versions of Metroplex (2 ft. tall), Springer, Blitzwing (Voyager sized triple-changers), Trailbreaker (Deluxe sized)...and maybe Sandstorm.

Metropolex Check

Springer Check

Blitzwing Seriously. The thing looks like a big bac with a straw. I find it funny how many people loose site of aesthetics when you tag a g1 name to something and some sort of semblance to a g1 toy. And David is right about his comments in regards to a 3PC silverbolt and those comments apply to Hasbro's blitzwing. Except I would expect more from hasbro

Trailerbreaker CHECK

Sandstorm who knows havent actually seen the toy

So that's 3 out of how many 3PC?

Nevermind

Edited by slaginpit

I'll be honest. I find a bunch of third party stuff interesting, but when it comes to actually buying stuff, I never actually go through. 90% isn't that much more interesting to be worth the extra price and rigamarole of shipping it form an online retailer. A $20 at target voyager that looks kind of a cool is just more compelling to me than a $90 voyager at BBTS that looks kind of cool.

I've finally went ahead and preorder not-shockwave and not-sixshot, on credit card, buy now pay later. So now I have not-predaking, not shockwave, and not-sixshot all on preorder. Thanks to Bandai 30 second preorder windows for macross toys, I'm using those saving to get other transformers toys. ;):D

At first, I didn't want to jump in on the 3P transformers, but they make so many good looking masterpiece toys, Just can't resist most of then.

I'll be honest. I find a bunch of third party stuff interesting, but when it comes to actually buying stuff, I never actually go through. 90% isn't that much more interesting to be worth the extra price and rigamarole of shipping it form an online retailer. A $20 at target voyager that looks kind of a cool is just more compelling to me than a $90 voyager at BBTS that looks kind of cool.

Basically this.

I've been tempted to buy either Giant or Hercules, but not $500 tempted. And I might have bought Hegemon, if he were more readily available. But pretty much everything else has been interesting, but not $100 and up interesting.

I've come *this* close to getting Hercules several times (by ordering one or two figures to start) but haven't yet. I figure with the 3rd production run, demand may finally level off and you can snag one a bit cheaper for Xmas. (yeah, gotta wait, but with multiple other combiners coming in the next few months it shouldn't be an issue)

I'm torn between the fun/wallet-ease of ordering 1 at a time, month by month or so, versus getting the whole team at once for significantly cheaper. Right now, it's a HUNDRED BUCKS LESS to buy all 6. Really, couldn't they drop the price for individuals a bit now? (it's not even a box set, it is purely a volume discount). If I could buy Hercules for the present price, but one at a time---BBTS would have my money today.

After much debate between a 600 dollar Hercules or a 350-450 dollar Giant, I had to go with Giant. He felt more in scale for what I had, and I didn't have the shelf room for such a massive toy like Hercules. And the best part was that I only had 1 figure with a QC issue which got corrected fairly quickly.

In other news I got my demolition crue figures and I do like them. great range of articulation and detail. They just need some autobot stickers.

Just to share with you guys thinking about getting Herc: mine fell almost six feet to the ground after I bumped the display case very hard by error. It got smashed to the components. Put them back together again and not a scratch on it. TFC can't make a half decent SR-71 transformer but they sure made a resistant bastard made out of construction vehicle toys.

I love how big TFC Hercules is, but to me, it doesn’t really have that G1 look as appose to MakeToys Giant and Giant is half the price of Hercules, so I picked up Giant right away.

I’ll wait for all of not-Superion figures to be out and at a discounted price before I jump in on that. A white SR-71 Blackbird, is not a blackbird, it’s a Whitebird with a black nose. Basically you have a robot with a jet strap to his back, I saw the pic other day where they show the two pieces are taken apart. If and when I do pick up not-Superion, I would have to repaint them.

My reason for jumping on the 3rd Parties bandwagon is because Takara isn’t offering those good looking figures and the quality of the 3rd Parties have improved, whereas the quality of Takara’s MP line have been spiraling downward. Takara’s engineering are great, but the quality of the paint job and having plastic wheels/tires for MPs, really Takara? <_<

I've come *this* close to getting Hercules several times (by ordering one or two figures to start) but haven't yet. I figure with the 3rd production run, demand may finally level off and you can snag one a bit cheaper for Xmas. (yeah, gotta wait, but with multiple other combiners coming in the next few months it shouldn't be an issue)

I'm torn between the fun/wallet-ease of ordering 1 at a time, month by month or so, versus getting the whole team at once for significantly cheaper. Right now, it's a HUNDRED BUCKS LESS to buy all 6. Really, couldn't they drop the price for individuals a bit now? (it's not even a box set, it is purely a volume discount). If I could buy Hercules for the present price, but one at a time---BBTS would have my money today.

There is also the cheaper Maketoys one. Its around $300

Just to share with you guys thinking about getting Herc: mine fell almost six feet to the ground after I bumped the display case very hard by error. It got smashed to the components. Put them back together again and not a scratch on it. TFC can't make a half decent SR-71 transformer but they sure made a resistant bastard made out of construction vehicle toys.

It is hardy. And the plastic used on the the three Superion parts I have are top notch. I just figured out what the funny clear piece was for on Eagle Its to use as an adapter to use the foot piece as a flying stand. So even if Silverbolt is not great I believe with some paint the thing will be beautiful. After all you can get this if your into hasbro combinors

rotf_devastator-revenge-of-the-fallen.jp

My reason for jumping on the 3rd Parties bandwagon is because Takara isn’t offering those good looking figures and the quality of the 3rd Parties have improved, whereas the quality of Takara’s MP line have been spiraling downward. Takara’s engineering are great, but the quality of the paint job and having plastic wheels/tires for MPs, really Takara? <_<

YEAH I was sad when I got my Sideswipe, dont forget the visibly hollow legs. :wacko:

What about just finishing off the tread of the tires at least. They just left the tips and a ugly plain strip in the middle.

Not a single accent paint on the shoulder cannon?? My MP soundwave is in transit but judging from the pics the 3PC prototype looked more solid, I guess that is why they rushed with Qaukewave. At least their soundwave didnt have the side of the legs looking like there was a plate from the alt mode hanging off

DSC_0482_1331383764.jpg

TFMP_MP13SoundwaveProto03.jpg

YEAH I was sad when I got my Sideswipe, dont forget the visibly hollow legs. :wacko:

What about just finishing off the tread of the tires at least. They just left the tips and a ugly plain strip in the middle.

Not a single accent paint on the shoulder cannon?? My MP soundwave is in transit but judging from the pics the 3PC prototype looked more solid, I guess that is why they rushed with Qaukewave. At least their soundwave didnt have the side of the legs looking like there was a plate from the alt mode hanging off

bgv86d.jpg

After my Herc smashed to pieces and came out without a scratch, I'm rethinking my decision o pass on Uranos.

Negatives:

IMGP0181_zps9d4d7e6d.jpg

- OMFG no, no, no. That is just sad. That plane isn't involved in anything of the transformation into robot or torso. It is just there for the sake of saying the vehicle mode is a plane. I could glue a toaster on that bot and call it a toaster transformer then...That is like going against the most basic thing a transformer should do.

- Really only like Eagle (a lot). Phantom is ok but the Silverbolt is a kite and the last two are remolds with bad plane modes.

- The extra chest bot does not do its job. According to the review below, thing locks in one place, leaving parts floating, and leaves gaps... the whole point of making us pay more was to have a new member that would make the combined form look better... that little robot does not serve its purpose well.

- Uranos has a derp face. Kinda strange since he had a nice face in the proto (already planning a $$ set with "new" parts perhaps?... I could see them do that and with a better chestplate to boot… for more money of course).

Positives:

+ Combined mode looks nice so far (and is the one I would have him displayed anyways).

+ TFC's use of color may be bad (you only needed to folow NECIO damn it!), but their figures are really sturdy.

+ They invite you to play with them.

+ You can do a chestplate mod to have it look better in a way:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/598199-new-tfctoys-project-uranos-mega-thread-811.html#post9012343

+ I could just get the first 3 bots and skip the last two to save money and half ass the other arm and leg (or put him next to a mirror lol).

I really don’t know what to do. Don’t want to wait to much for a final decision. Herc is still available at a good price but it was a toy of a more popular combiner and Giant probably ate a lot of the planned purchases.

After my Herc smashed to pieces and came out without a scratch, I'm rethinking my decision o pass on Uranos.

Negatives:

IMGP0181_zps9d4d7e6d.jpg

- OMFG no, no, no. That is just sad. That plane isn't involved in anything of the transformation into robot or torso. It is just there for the sake of saying the vehicle mode is a plane. I could glue a toaster on that bot and call it a toaster transformer then...That is like going against the most basic thing a transformer should do.

- Really only like Eagle (a lot). Phantom is ok but the Silverbolt is a kite and the last two are remolds with bad plane modes.

- The extra chest bot does not do its job. According to the review below, thing locks in one place, leaving parts floating, and leaves gaps... the whole point of making us pay more was to have a new member that would make the combined form look better... that little robot does not serve its purpose well.

- Uranos has a derp face. Kinda strange since he had a nice face in the proto (already planning a $$ set with "new" parts perhaps?... I could see them do that and with a better chestplate to boot… for more money of course).

Positives:

+ Combined mode looks nice so far (and is the one I would have him displayed anyways).

+ TFC's use of color may be bad (you only needed to folow NECIO damn it!), but their figures are really sturdy.

+ They invite you to play with them.

+ You can do a chestplate mod to have it look better in a way:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/598199-new-tfctoys-project-uranos-mega-thread-811.html#post9012343

+ I could just get the first 3 bots and skip the last two to save money and half ass the other arm and leg (or put him next to a mirror lol).

I really don’t know what to do. Don’t want to wait to much for a final decision. Herc is still available at a good price but it was a toy of a more popular combiner and Giant probably ate a lot of the planned purchases.

I wish people stop complaining about silverbolt. Yeah he is not the best of the 5. And I get your point. But would really keep him in their non gestalt mode. ??? He still has a decent bot mode and he unless you pose your valks and other jets flying inverted big deal! I do however think the $150 price tag is a bit much!

I have decided to finish the set. I like Phantom with its cool base using the foot and Eagle. I will repeat the shitty paint job on Silverbolt.

20130221_200804_zps2afc9c5c.jpg

ANd looky what came it

HOLLY crap I THINK I JUST HAD STROKE!

Edited by slaginpit

I wish people stop complaining about silverbolt. Yeah he is not the best of the 5. And I get your point. But would really keep him in their non gestalt mode. ??? He still has a decent bot mode and he unless you pose your valks and other jets flying inverted big deal! I do however think the $150 price tag is a bit much!

If the alt mode is so bad nobody is going to ever display it in that form, then why even bother with it? Should have just made a non-transforming torso that was painted and sculpted better and sold it for $40.