I'm surprised no one here is talking about this. Premiering today in most theaters worldwide (and on May 25 in the U.S.) is Men in Black 3, the follow-up to the 1997 masterpiece Men in Black and its disappointing 2002 sequel Men in Black II. Barry Sonnenfeld (The Addams Family, Get Shorty) returns to the director's chair while Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones reprise their roles as Agent J and Agent K, respectively. With the film's theme being time-travel, Josh Brolin (Jonah Hex, Dr. Block in Planet Terror) plays young Agent K in 1969. Also starring are Emma Thompson (Nanny McPhee, Queen Elinor in Brave) and Alice Eve (Molly in She's Out of My League) as Agent O, Nicole Scherzinger (of the Pussycat Dolls) as Lily, Jemaine Clement (of the musical duo Flight of the Conchords) as Boris the Animal, and David Rasche (Sledge Hammer!) as Agent X. Lady Gaga (the second most overrated pop singer today) makes a cameo appearance as well; to no surprise, she's being monitored by the MIB.

Official Site Edited by areaseven

I just came back from watching this film, and I must say that it's a huge improvement over MIB2. Josh Brolin does an amazing job impersonating Tommy Lee Jones. And the actual time travel premise works well in the storyline.

Can't say anything much on my interest in seeing the film, but Josh Brolin's performance in the commercials is intriguing. Dare I say that he nailed TLJ?

Was there any reason why they didn't go with smith on this? I mean it WAS rather traditional for him. I mean hell I'd of accepted one of his kids doing this <_<I whip my tenticles back and forth I whip my tenticlesback and forth.

Yeah I absolutely HATE that song and it makes me not want to see this film either.

Dude, seriously, just for that song? It's only on the end credits. You can just watch the movie and leave before the end credits, as there are no after-credit scenes.

And I thought people would boycott it for Lady Gaga...

Well they ride the statue to the museum where they fight the guy from the painting using... wait wrong number 2. :p

LOL

Don't worry, areaseven, I've totally forgotten what it was about to. MiB2 = unmemorable mediocrity.

MiB, now THAT I remember.

Edited by sketchley

To be perfectly honest here what I remember from MIB2

Lara Flynn Boyle as the bad girl puking up two dudes she just ate as a metaphoric middle finger to critics that claimed she was bulemic

The itty bitty aliens in the locker

The ballchinian

Something happening with the statue

The worms fighting

A tiny alien saucer with lots of guns and blades

Frank doing something

• 2 weeks later...