Yamato 1/60 VF-1A "Alaska Base" Custom

IXTL

Are the new Cavalier, Alaska Base and new Valks not being released with option parts?

Why would they not be? Does Yamato really hope to re-release Alaska Base 1A someday with option parts?

I was wondering the same thing. The official pictures for the Cavalier do not show the option parts, at all; you'd think that they would be included at this point, but without visual confirmation or official word... who knows?

Are the new Cavalier, Alaska Base and new Valks not being released with option parts?

Why would they not be? Does Yamato really hope to re-release Alaska Base 1A someday with option parts?

Never underestimate these toymakers' ability to make you double dip...

Never underestimate these toymakers' ability to make you double dip...

I've only accidentally double-dipped once, and that's because I couldn't return a broken 1S TV Roy I purchased for a friend so I had to buy a third and since I already had the Valk around I relatively fixed it so now I've got two Roys. I'm not rebuying something unless it's broken... oh wait, I own three 11C's. They got me!

Was considering this but I will likely not pull the trigger if it does not come with option parts.

YAMATO - The cat is out of the bag, you've shown the option parts, now customers might not buy your new products in a 'wait and see attitude'. Just include them and maximize sales...

I'd have to agree with your sentiments; however, it there is one new Valk that would be kind of okay to be offered without the option parts, it's the Alaska Base one as it can easly share them with the other white TV VF-1s. But the extra goodies should be included on principal alone.

I'd have to agree with your sentiments; however, it there is one new Valk that would be kind of okay to be offered without the option parts, it's the Alaska Base one as it can easly share them with the other white TV VF-1s. But the extra goodies should be included on principal alone.

Why give any reason for your target customer to WAIT, instead of buying. Its one thing before you announce option parts, because your customer does not know if it could ever get better than it is being shown. But we know this release could be better right off the bat. So some will wait hoping for option parts, simple as that.

SO INCLUDE the option parts on all new valks. If the Cavaliers and A Base are wildly successful do a re-release later with ground crew or ground vehicles or something...

It's cool and I'd get one but now that other VF-1's, at the same price, are getting side covers why not release all of them with them? I could see if they only produce them during certain times they may only have a giant pile of TV colored white versions to pack in so specialized schemes like the Cavalier could possibly be skipped (though that sucks) but there's no justification if they're already stamping white one's out for the 1S Roy and 1J Hikaru why they shouldn't toss a pair in with this one as well.

Edited by Mommar

Once you see valks with sidecovers, valks WITHOUT sidecovers look like Oreo cookies without the creamy middle. Sure, I love chocolate cookies, but I've had the friggin' Oreos - and now hollow oreos just don't work my friends.

We'll only pay you if you stuff our Oreos Yamato!

Wait a minute, that sounds a little off color somehow . . . .

It used to bug me, the flood of VF-1 variants while other VFs languish in obscurity ("Where's my 1/60 VA-3????!!!!" I know, I know.. only in my dreams.). Now I just embrace my growing Valkyrie legion and eagerly plan to cover every inch of shelf space with their glorious image... except the weathered versions. Just can't get into those.

or...

"How I learned to stop worrying and love the VF-1"

Edited by Penguin

ever since Yamato updated the crotch attachment for their 1/60 VF-1s i've been waiting for an updated VF-1D, so technically I didn't double-dip :p... plus all my other TV VF-1s have the updated crotch.

The option parts that are included are a definite plus since you could only previously get these as a Wonderfest exclusive. I too would only get any of these new VF-1s (where's the Stealth!) IF they came with the option parts... and i won't be double-dipping on any of the other re-issues w/ option parts esp. since i got most of my standalone VF-1s for $90 or less.

it's a shame it took Yamato 4 years to include the side and neck covers plus the seats... something that we wanted from the start.

post-8437-0-06925900-1337925789_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-30068400-1337925805_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

It's still an instant buy for me.

I don't understand why Yamato has to color match the side covers, it simply adds production costs. I'd be more happy if they throw in the neck cover and side covers in gray as standard for every release.

The seats should be left on VF-1D and VF-1S, we don't need the seat on every release, do we?

The blog kinda say no actual product is done yet, but not even in the planning to do it either? What the heck?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?infolnk=index

「1/60 完全変形VF-1A アラスカ仕様」。

まだ商品では有りません。企画を行うか否かのスタートすら

していない物です。

まぁ、一部では『コンプするんじゃねぇ~?」と言う事も言われて

いる様で、じゃぁネタで作っちゃえ!・・・と。

我がWEB担当Hに頼んで作っちゃいました~。

立体を見ると欲しくなりますね・・。

369-2.jpg

The blog kinda say no actual product is done yet, but not even in the planning to do it either? What the heck?

Yeah, they're still mulling it over. It's the same with the VF-19P. People are like "But they showed it so they are obviously making it!!" Yeah, like I say time and again, it's just not that simple.