yamato vf-1d option parts

auberondreaming

Thanks. Well - that certainly is a minor alteration...but I guess it is easier to slide the leg hinges in and out after this?

Pete

In addition, it also holds much better when the Fast Packs are attached. The old Crotch system would tend to sag. The new one holds much better.

A lot easier, actually. But yeah, it’s not like the old system was awfully difficult…

Easy enough to slide in, but a real pain to take out... And because it was difficult to take out, scratching the paint off of the metal hinge was more likely to happen.

In my case, the metal bar on my 1D did suffer some tiny scratches since closing the panel on mine was a bit too tight. And even if the metal bar has locked inside the nose, it still seems to "fight out" when posing, making the panel open a little bit. But it doesn't open the panel as much as my other two v.2 Valks which had the first type of crotch.

The bad thing I noticed with the first crotch design was that the hinge just above the legs needs to be loosened a bit before going to Battroid. I didn't try to loosen mine a bit when I went to Battroid on my VF-1A Max, and I struggled a lot to get it out of the nose when going back to Gerwalk/Fighter. No matter how much I swung the legs, instead of the hinge popping out of the nose, the legs just simply rotated at the hip. It's really good that they reverted to the 1/48 style crotch where you can just pop the damn hinge in and out as you go. No more fancy leg swinging just to get it out of the nose.

• 2 weeks later...