Count me in among those loving this show so far. And I don't even know what's going on in the broader sense of things because I don't remember what happened in the movies; I might have to rent them again.

Just for everyone's information, the animation is being handled by Polygon Pictures, the Japanese studio which is doing an awesome job with Transformers Prime and also does some Clone Wars episodes.

HDMI connected my Laptop to my HDTV and played both episodes from DisneyXD at full screen... awesome! This show looks and sounds amazing, the voice talent is superb, the animation is striking and beautifully choreographed and lavishly done within its visual style, and the story thus-far is satisfyingly engaging. Bravo to Disney for bringing this to TV and online, and in such high quality. This and TLOK are officially my favorite shows, animated or otherwise. :)

The character designs remind me a lot of Phantom 2040.

I can see that from the lankyness of the characters, but the actual design details still remind me of older CG productions like that Dire Straits video & the Out of This World game series.

Just finished watching the first ep. Looks very promising. I'll definitely be following this series.

I hope we get to see Olivia Wilde's character and it'll resemble her just like how Flynn/CLU resembles Jeff Bridges.

Doubt Olivia Wilde's character will pop up, but at the same time, you never know. The part of the gird that Flynn is hold up in seems to be closer to Tron City. Plus the end of the prequel game left her & Flynn pretty much licking their wounds after the system monitor got taken out.

For those that downloaded the two free episodes from Itunes, did you get them to sync?

I can't seem to get them to sync to my Ipod classic.

Are free-bees now restricted to computer only?

Edited by Fly4victory

Finished watching the first two, the show certainly has promise but could also fall down a deep chasm of mediocrity if they are not careful. They are walking a fine line between acceptable for younger viewers while still keeping the show gritty.

We are simply going to have to get the word out & support it.

I hate when damn good shows get cancelled because people just didn't take the time to check it out... then when they do it's already gone.

Nope. It's more of the fact that there's too many idiots that can only enjoy stupid reality shows...

True. TV hasn't been the same since that writer's strike a while back. The reality show plague continues...

With Thundercats & Avengers animated pretty much over, if Tron gets cancelled then Transformers Prime & Young Justice is the last US animation on TV for me.

Kids these days also only understand Facebook on their phones, or playing gangster or Bieber.

Very little of our youth really appreaciates the simplicity of animation shows... :angry:

Edited by Omegablue

To be perfectly honest, if it weren't for this thread I would have never known that Tron Legacy even existed. I've been watching online and enjoying it very much, but I do not have Disney XD in my cable line-up, nor do I plan to ever get it. If Tron were aired on a regular basis in the regular Disney Channel it would have a much better chance to reach a wider audience; but in my case, if The Disney Channel didn't come in the standard channel package I would not have that either as there is absolutely nothing worth watching in that bastion of pablum.

Yeah that's another thing. I thought initially this series was starting in the fall and this is summer. So I totally would of missed it if it wasn't for this thread. What kind of marketing has Disney really even done for the series to even have a chance? Granted, I don't even really watch television cause I got basic and there's really nothing even on it!

Saw mt first episode on TV and not via download, still a rather straight line plot....but.....I am really glad this was made yet looking that the other programming on Disney XD, am left with the feeling that Tron is the best thing they have to offer and the rest of their stuff is the junk that should be cancelled.

Saw mt first episode on TV and not via download, still a rather straight line plot....but.....I am really glad this was made yet looking that the other programming on Disney XD, am left with the feeling that Tron is the best thing they have to offer and the rest of their stuff is the junk that should be cancelled.

They have other shows on Disney XD? :0

The only other shows on Disney XD worth watching from what I've been able to glean from online line-up lists are reruns of Gargoyles, and maybe Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck. All their original programming seem to follow the same formulaic Disney Channel not-fit-for-anyone-over-11yo vomit inducing pap.

Edited by mechaninac

Finally found time to watch the 2 latest episodes.

Just finished watching the first ep. Looks very promising. I'll definitely be following this series.

I hope we get to see Olivia Wilde's character and it'll resemble her just like how Flynn/CLU resembles Jeff Bridges.

There was some interesting backstory this week. Also a grear render of Quorra, they really captured Olivia Wilde's eyes.

At least i got my wish before this show kicks the bucket. :)

There was some interesting backstory this week. Also a grear render of Quorra, they really captured Olivia Wilde's eyes.

Yeah, I thought that too. I forgot to check but did they get Olivia to voice the character too. It sounded like her.

Chris

Well.

Ask me how they put the Iso's in the history...

????

If you're asking wh y Iso's aren't in the show, it's because they were already whiped out before this part of the story started. If the game Tron Evolution stands as canon, Clu took them out with a virus & mass genocide.