Over a year after it was announced, Disney's decided to uncharactaristically unveil the first episode of the new series for free on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4&feature=player_embedded

Just watched the whole thing, and after expecting absolutely nothing from a Disney XD series, I was totally blown away. The story, design style, acting, execution, all suprisingly awesome. Dare I say better than the first episode of the new Thundercats series. The character design & animation reminds me of a combination of Tron Legacy & the old Out Of This World PC game series. Dare I say this first episode was so good i totally expect this series to get canceleld becasue there's no way I trust a kids cable network to support it. Here's hoping I'm wrong and it has a full story arc run. I also hope they can keep up the story & animation quality, but considering it's got a heavy dose of CG, the aesthetic should at least hold up.

Oh, and did I mention Starbuck is the voice of the grid?

Edited by azrael

Yep! Pretty good! It has a Batman Beyond feeling to it, too.

They got a handful of familiar names as voices, including the legendary Bruce Boxleitner (nice move, imo). Carl Winslow really sounds old now... lol. General Tesler was a pretty bitchin' character. Didn't recognize it was Lance Henriksen's voice.

About time!......"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." F U DisneyXD! This is the internet! I'll watch this via alternate means!! Bwhahahahaha! crap that's going to have to wait until after work....

Yep!

Let's download the episode XD

I just saw the pilot.

And I found it kinda cool.

Despite the holes he has if you compare to Legacy.

After all,it says thatTron was captured and turned intoRinzler, while in the Uprising, he appears and begins to train Beck (not the artist).

I think that will later reveal that Tron is Flynn disguised.

Good CGI animation.

But if you compare the CloneWars, is weak (although they try to emulate the style of Peter Chung).

If the event occurs a second season, I think they will give a treat in visual.

Wow! That was really good, better than I expected and I found it much more enjoyable than either Tron movie (I felt the second one was incredibly "flat", and the first one rather dull and it has not aged well). It is great to see them keeping the design style of Legacy, however... what that movie lacked in substance/acting, it more than made up in visual appeal. The character designs are a little jarring at first but you quickly get used to it and they kind of fit the look of the show, and you can't fault the fluidity of the animation or voice talent.

I sure hope to see more of it online... I don't have Disney XD.

I just saw the pilot.

And I found it kinda cool.

Despite the holes he has if you compare to Legacy.

After all,it says thatTron was captured and turned intoRinzler, while in the Uprising, he appears and begins to train Beck (not the artist).

I think that will later reveal that Tron is Flynn disguised.

I don't think this is necessarily a hole. All Flynn knew was that Tron was attacked and apparently killed by CLU, then he showed up later as Rinzler. The series is showing that after he was almost killed he somehow escaped and trained Beck. He will probably be recaptured by CLU towards the end of the series. What I want to know is where Flynn is right now and if he'll show up at some point.

And all this time I thought this occurs after the film Legacy... Now I'm confused...

Maybe some decent collectables will follow?

Nope, it was always meant to take place before.

As for the "Tron" issue, considering he was system protector, and is clearly "disabled" here, I think it's just a matter of him having a strong resistence to Clu's attempt to reprogram/change him. Assuming that the game "Tron Evolution" is still canon, then this already takes place after all of the Iso's were taken out.

Watched it twice, loved it that much.

And yes, totally agree that obviously Tron before Legacy was recaptured, and that's how the series will most likely end?

Though I'm questioning if this was a double episode special pilot, or if the rest of the episodes will also be this long?

A lot better than the loooong action sequence overloaded sequel. This one actually tries to create characters.

Loved how the train looked and worked.

Edited by Twoducks

Wow, that was really good.

Too bad don't have Disney XD. I'll have to trust that the good quality will continue and buy the DVD set.

So by giving up the white disk is that what makes the future Tron reprogrammable by Clu?

No, I think Clu's influence was somewhat viral (at least that's the impression the prequel game gave). It's possible the damaged Tron we see here was doing his best to fight off the virus/reprogramming Clu gave him, which is also why he isn't able to fight himself. The white disc is probably something akin to user access that Flynn gave him.

Thanks or maybe the disk used against Master Control from the first movie kind of a tie in like the white lightcycle.

What did you think of the prequel game and on which system did you get it? From what I read the initial impression wasn't too great. Might have to get it if it helps fills in the story.

Thanks or maybe the disk used against Master Control from the first movie kind of a tie in like the white lightcycle.

What did you think of the prequel game and on which system did you get it? From what I read the initial impression wasn't too great. Might have to get it if it helps fills in the story.

I got it for the PS3, and overall while it's nothing earth shattering, it's pretty fun for a movie license game. By far the best part is multiplayer online light cycle racing, though you have to level your character up a bit before you can competently compete. The game story itself is pretty straight forward, but it has some cool locations. The best way to describe it would be a 3D plattformer with Disc's of Tron combat & way too much parkour(sp?) thrown in. That's the games major learning curve actually, getting used to scaling & bouncing off of different surfaces without dying. Once you master that, it's pretty easy.

Almost forgot to mention, I got it brand new on amazon for $10. For that price, I was very pleasantly surprised by what I got.

Edited by Keith

the animation will take a lot of getting use too, but story wise I think we're in for a treat if it can stay at this level.

I appreciate that they remembered the quintessential rule. No matter how unique your designs are, the female characters "must" be attractive.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, Disney hd... Oh well

(null)

Check the disneyXD page, they may have it streaming. I got an e-mail about an onlne preview, but I'm not sure if it will be the entire episode.