Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

On 1/5/2021 at 4:12 AM, RDX17 said:

About 40 minutes in and realizing how much I've missed these podcasts. Thanks so much!

Thanks! We're hoping to have less of a break between episodes in the future ^^;

On 1/5/2021 at 9:32 AM, Bolt said:

Awesome job guys. Sound quality gone up!

some of my highlights..

Renato coming back !!

DX VF-1D !!

Frontier concert !!

Delta sequel !!!!!! (New content)

Wave 1/72 VF-171 !!

NHK  engrish talk !!

Engrish is always a plus :-D
Am happy to hear that its sounding better. We'll continue tweaking as we go :-)

Hey, great to see you guys back!  Thank you, as always, for putting these together.  The podcast is really my primary way of experiencing Macross, as there aren't many other options here in the US.  Really appreciate all the time and effort you guys put in to keep us in the loop.

• 3 weeks later...

This episode we're catching up on some news, looking at Shoji Kawamori's Macross Designer's Note and searching for VF-1S toys in Akihabara.

(Please note that since this was recorded before the recent Delta trailer, we won't be delving into that until next episode).

https://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-139-taking-notes-on-the-designers-note/

MSP139_11.thumb.jpg.c0071494dbebe153801162c5534649e9.jpg

Great stuff guys.

Awesome to have Renato back inbthe mix.

Oh man..Frontier and Delta on Netflix Japan! Jealous..
That was funny talking about mixing franchise toys back in the day..I remember playing with my Takatoku macross valks and Jetfire was the special squad leader . He was also the most bad ass transformer. Lol !
I found the Syd Mead anniversary discussion to be fascinating. And ,oddly out of nowhere , i happen to wonder if any of the speeker pod cast crew are fans of Makoto Kobayashi ..Who ,as i'm sure you all know , worked on Yamato, Gundam , Samurai 7, Giant Robo, etc. as well. And his custom model making skills are just madd{

I'm also very curious to hear more about Kawamori's slight against Star Wars ..

Thanks very much guys !

Coming on 10 years . Fold in!

Edited by Bolt

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:29 AM, Tochiro said:

Added this to my podcast app a little while back. I rarely listen to podcasts but this one is on something I'm interested in at least! :D Makes my commute a little different than usual when I've got to drive down to work. Thanks to the guys that put this together!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 1:22 AM, Einherjar said:

Did you guys ever finish reviews for all of the Delta mangas?  I think some tidbits about the of the Windermere war for independence from Keith’s manga might become relevant in the upcoming movie.

No, we didn't, sorry. But with the movie on the way, hopefully we'll find out one way or another in the not-so-distant future. :-)

On 3/22/2021 at 4:28 AM, vsim said:

Added this to my podcast app a little while back. I rarely listen to podcasts but this one is on something I'm interested in at least! :D Makes my commute a little different than usual when I've got to drive down to work. Thanks to the guys that put this together!

Many thanks for tuning in! Hopefully our long rants can help you to kill time and not put you to sleep behind the wheel ^^;

On 5/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, Shawn said:

Another great episode, but I did HATE you for saying ....lets save the BGI TOPIC for the end  haha  :)

Shhh, don't ruin it for me, I haven't gotten that far into the new podcast yet! :rolleyes: I wonder what it could be about! hehe.

That Animage event sounds incredible. I did NOT know those mini posters were meant for TRAINS at the time, wow!
I for sure do not have all 5 of them though...I did not know there were that many, Gotta find the missing ones!

I'd also really like to know what exact DYRL poster was thought lost in a fire, and for what fan group it was reprinted for. (at 2:07:00)
Is that why I see so many of the DYRL movie posters on YJ lately? Are those reprints?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 9:48 AM, Tochiro said:

There's a little bit of news this episode, but we're mostly talking about that OTHER mecha franchise ^^;

Look, everyone else is talking about Hathaway so we figured that we should too. 🙂

https://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-142-hathaways-gigity-gigity/

Finally had a chance to watch Hathaway last night, and definitely looking forward to hearing the Speakerpodcast's discussion. Thanks guys!

Edited by RDX17

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to add, concerning this second Delta movie...Renato may have called it (way back in speaker pod cast ep.13 ) this second movie may be the one they should have done in the beginning..

We'll see how Renato likes it😜

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 7:03 AM, Tochiro said:

With the final Evangelion movie hitting Amazon internationally, we thought we'd give our thoughts about it (Warning: spoilers!) https://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-143-evangelion-3-01-0-thrice-upon-a-time/

I just finished listening to this one over the last few days. Long, but great stuff! Thanks to all of you (especially Tony) for explaining many of the hidden meanings and storyline threads. It helped me appreciate the series more.

I've also been listening to the older podcasts (started with episode 1 and am currently at episode 84) - it's great to hear the groups thoughts and views on past Macross and anime events.