Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Thanks Jason - well if you're all caught up, I guess I have no other choice than to post another cast :-)

Adrian breaks the news of a potential new Megazone 23 project, Egan and I discuss all the news from Wonder Festival, and Roids voice actor reveals some interesting tidbits regarding the making of Delta during a fan club talkshow.

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-77-adrian-is-in-the-mega-zone/

As always, any comments, feedback or queries are welcome :-)

On 14/03/2017 at 3:49 AM, Tochiro said:

From orchestral performances of Cowboy Bebop & Macross Plus, to the 'World of Macross Delta' exhibit, the SpeakerPODcast crew has been busy and is here to report on it all. Tune in!
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-78-mikumos-mysterious-queen-juice/

As always, any comments, feedback or queries are welcome :-)

Thanks guys, always interesting to hear about all the Macross activity going on at street level over there.

1. I like how you use timestamps. Gives a chance to hear it in in bits and pieces when one doesn't have 2 hours to hear the podcast.

2. CowboyBebop and Macross concert!! Awesome! An absolutely dream scenario for me. Shame that the crowds were modest. I'd kill to hear Wanna be an Angel live. Any chance the ThanksK Orchestra releases a CD? :D

Edited by Marzan
Mispelling

7 hours ago, Marzan said:

Thanks guys, always interesting to hear about all the Macross activity going on at street level over there.

1. I like how you use timestamps. Gives a chance to hear it in in bits and pieces when one doesn't have 2 hours to hear the podcast.

2. CowboyBebop and Macross concert!! Awesome! An absolutely dream scenario for me. Shame that the crowds were modest. I'd kill to hear Wanna be an Angel live. Any chance the ThanksK Orchestra releases a CD? :D

I can't speak to Thanks!K specifically, but I know that some fan bands do have recordings of their gigs that unfortunately seldom see the light of day.
If they ever do though, I'll be sure to let you know. :-)

8 hours ago, Tochiro said:

I can't speak to Thanks!K specifically, but I know that some fan bands do have recordings of their gigs that unfortunately seldom see the light of day.
If they ever do though, I'll be sure to let you know. :-)

Thanks. Really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/3/26 at 2:34 AM, UN Spacy said:

How come y'all don't do videos on your YouTube channel anymore?

I loved Zentradi Stamp Kit one.

Those were more of an experiment than anything else, since our output tends to be more audio-based.

Still, if Renato and Adrian get the urge to do something similar again, who knows?

On 2017/4/3 at 0:40 PM, Einherjar said:

Hey guys, any chance for an update on what happened in Macross E and the Aerial Knights manga when the tankobons are released?

We certainly have plans for some sort of manga related discussion in the future but nothing concrete yet.

Also, a new episode appears! Has anyone else watched Under the Dog?
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-80-under-the-dog/

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys happen to know if the English translations for the Delta blu-rays was seen to have boosted sales enough to warrant further official subtitles for future releases? I'm curious as to what we can expect and I figured you might have some insight since you guys worked on the subs.

On a side note, I actually enjoyed listening about events from a time before the podcasts. It would be nice to have mini-podcasts dedicated to talking about older events.

Edited by neoexcaliber

On 4/21/2017 at 5:00 PM, neoexcaliber said:

Do you guys happen to know if the English translations for the Delta blu-rays was seen to have boosted sales enough to warrant further official subtitles for future releases? I'm curious as to what we can expect and I figured you might have some insight since you guys worked on the subs.

On a side note, I actually enjoyed listening about events from a time before the podcasts. It would be nice to have mini-podcasts dedicated to talking about older events.

Even if we did, unfortunately such information would be confidential unless publicly released, I'm afraid. Anecdotally-speaking though, I keep seeing more and more international fans posting pics of their Delta blurays on Facebook and twitter, which is quite heartening :-)
Glad to hear you enjoy the event talk. The main obstacle regarding older events is that often theres little information left regarding them. Whenever we do come across any such information though, we will be sure to include it in the cast :-)

On 4/22/2017 at 1:30 AM, Knight26 said:

Guys, how would I go about contacting Egan Loo?  I have a question for him.

If you PM me, I'll be sure he gets it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 4:01 AM, Sandman said:

Any plans to discuss the megazone 23 crowdfunding campaign?

https://camp-fire.jp/projects/view/25892?token=1h9b6933

Funny you should mention that ;-)

This episode - Super Robot Spirits 2017, Sheryl Nome, the Walkure Cafe, a sneak peak at the upcoming concert bluray, all the latest news, and Megazone 23 XI (Sai) :-)
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-83-super-robot-spirits-2017/

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 6:55 PM, Tochiro said:

We certainly have plans for some sort of manga related discussion in the future but nothing concrete yet.

That's cool.  I'm getting worried they pulled a Bilbo Baggins on Keith; got knocked out at the very crucial moment of the war for independence and then was told what happened afterwards.

New episode is up!

This episode of the SpeakerPODcast, we check in with all the latest Macross news before checking out the latest adaptation of BLAME!
(has anyone else checked it out on Netflix?)
http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-84-the-blame-name-game/

9 hours ago, arbit said:

Anyone else not getting the podcast on their Android feed?

Its been out for a few months. I use Podcast Republic.

Arbit, what RRS feed are you using? Does this one work any better for you?: http://www.decultureshock.com/feed/podcast/

3 hours ago, Tochiro said:

Arbit, what RRS feed are you using? Does this one work any better for you?: http://www.decultureshock.com/feed/podcast/

Thanks. All good now.

My Podcast manager was still showing the old feed address.

So when I unsubscribed, and resubscribed, the feed updated to the correct one.

Awesome...I've NEVER heard of the Blame manga before.

DL'ing the episode as I type...not really watching any anime this season aside from Yamato 2202.

3 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

DL'ing the episode as I type...not really watching any anime this season aside from Yamato 2202.

Beware of spoilers if you haven't yet watched the movie on Netflix!

If you have/do watch it, would love to hear what you thought of it. 

On 31/05/2017 at 10:33 AM, UN Spacy said:

There's also a Master Edition Blame manga out now in English, if you like manga. I got volume 1 as I wanted to study Nihei's art--the book's sizing is great for it.

On 2/15/2017 at 4:49 AM, Tochiro said:

Did you guys know that there was actually new footage of the Macross Elysion at Walkure's recent concert? And a years worth of events announced?

Sit back, grab a beverage, and let us tell you all about it :-)

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-74-macross-wont-stop/

I hope you guys review the blu-ray and compare it to how you experienced it live.  It's so long at more than 3 hours that I've only had a chance to watch it fully three times!  My six-year old loved the Clare bit and I gotta admit, some of the best camerawork of the show.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:10 AM, Tochiro said:

New episode is up!

This episode of the SpeakerPODcast, we check in with all the latest Macross news before checking out the latest adaptation of BLAME!
(has anyone else checked it out on Netflix?)

Listening now, will have to say that I was meh with the Sidonia movie.. sorry Blame!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2017 at 3:06 AM, smt0222 said:

I hope you guys review the blu-ray and compare it to how you experienced it live.  It's so long at more than 3 hours that I've only had a chance to watch it fully three times!  My six-year old loved the Clare bit and I gotta admit, some of the best camerawork of the show.

ONLY three times?!?! What are you doing with all that extra free time! ;-)
It's a pretty darn good bluray though, isn't it? :-)

Aaaaand.... a new episode appears. This took a while to piece together, but here it finally is - listeners opinions of Macross Delta.
Thank you to everyone who submitted. If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to let me know.

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-85-macross-delta-your-say/

Great episode! We do love to hear ourselves talk, but actually we love hearing other people's opinions more.

Although I didnt like the way Delta went, it is good to hear what others liked about it and maybe re-calibrate before a rewatch.

I did read an interesting interview with Kawamori where he says that he added the Windemarians after the producers suggested to give it more of a galactic scale fitting with Macross. Apparently it was going to be geared to fighter on fighter in a different way. Since I had no love for the Winemarians at all, Kawamori's version is the one I wish we had.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:41 PM, arbit said:

Great episode! We do love to hear ourselves talk, but actually we love hearing other people's opinions more.

Although I didnt like the way Delta went, it is good to hear what others liked about it and maybe re-calibrate before a rewatch.

I did read an interesting interview with Kawamori where he says that he added the Windemarians after the producers suggested to give it more of a galactic scale fitting with Macross. Apparently it was going to be geared to fighter on fighter in a different way. Since I had no love for the Winemarians at all, Kawamori's version is the one I wish we had.

From the feel, if the original antagists were anything close to the windemarians then they would have been a rogue human colony. Which if that was the case it would have lost a lot of the urgency of multiple characters.  

I love hearing myself talk on this (j/k). I noticed a mistake or two I made, but hopefully it wasn't a deal breaker. In any case, interesting getting POV from different shades of the spectrum. Quite interesting.

On 6/28/2017 at 0:57 AM, Tochiro said:

ONLY three times?!?! What are you doing with all that extra free time! ;-)
It's a pretty darn good bluray though, isn't it? :-)

Aaaaand.... a new episode appears. This took a while to piece together, but here it finally is - listeners opinions of Macross Delta.
Thank you to everyone who submitted. If you have any feedback, please don't hesitate to let me know.

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-85-macross-delta-your-say/

Ha!  Well, we just completed a trip where I drove about 1200 miles and it was all Macross Delta music (songs + OST) all the way through, much to the chagrin of my wife and son :-)  But gotta please my daughter (and myself)!  My daughter was a little mad at me that I got to see Kumo-Kumo and Fre-Fre live in LA (great thing about the music... there are a good number of lulls where the music dies down and you can actually hear the great voices of JUNNA and Minori -- can't say that too much about the other three acts).

Love the latest podcast though it was uncomfortable to hear some of the harsh criticisms ;-)  Ouch.  LOL.  But there are so many different Macross fans that it's great to hear the diversity.

44 minutes ago, smt0222 said:

Ha!  Well, we just completed a trip where I drove about 1200 miles and it was all Macross Delta music (songs + OST) all the way through, much to the chagrin of my wife and son :-)  But gotta please my daughter (and myself)!  My daughter was a little mad at me that I got to see Kumo-Kumo and Fre-Fre live in LA (great thing about the music... there are a good number of lulls where the music dies down and you can actually hear the great voices of JUNNA and Minori -- can't say that too much about the other three acts).

I noticed that in the Walkure cover of DYRL, you can always hear Junna and Minori, not so much the others. But I found Junna was massively strong in Walkure anyway. Her solo album has her much more tempered.

Edited by Focslain

• 2 weeks later...