Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Another great episode, guys! I'm very amused to hear that I wasn't the only one really pushing for the Valkyrie II to win in that facebook contest... :lol:

YES! In yo face Gubaba!

Nice work guys. The audio was spot on this time and the podcast was easy to download.

There were plans for a live action Macross in the mid 90's with Kawamori involved? Interesting, I didn't know that. Looking forward to reading that article (is it you doing it Renato?) about Kawamori's book and learn a bit more about his ideas and vision.

• 1 month later...

Have you talked about the female Macross fans in Japan? I want you to talk about it. Tell us the fact so many exist and how many female audience admitted in the Crossover Live.

Have you talked about the female Macross fans in Japan? I want you to talk about it. Tell us the fact so many exist and how many female audience admitted in the Crossover Live.

I've been telling Tochiro to do that for over a year now.... :(

As we've discussed on the show previously, yes I think we all know more female Macross fans than male ones these days (I know I certainly do).

The problem is that its an audio podcast and we cant very well subtitle audio. So when it comes to inviting people on, language ability takes priority over gender Im afraid.

Also, new episode coming out on Sunday night! With MORE Macross Plus! And less of Renato's Grandmother!!!! お楽しみに!

I've also told Tochiro my idea of having a special girls episode where we let them do the show and we just kind of jump in from time to time and keep the time. My idea is to have both Japanese and non-Japanese girls so there wouldn't be much of a language issue.

Say what? Ok, when we get beer tonight you shall have to tell me about these English speaking female fans you seem to know cause I have no idea who you are talking about.

Unless you mean non-Japanese, in which case I can think of maybe 2, neither of which have expressed any interest in being on the show.

The problem is that its an audio podcast and we cant very well subtitle audio. So when it comes to inviting people on, language ability takes priority over gender Im afraid.

Also, new episode coming out on Sunday night! With MORE Macross Plus! And less of Renato's Grandmother!!!! お楽しみに!

The limitation of the audio thing, may be. Oh, I'm just saying.
"Sunday night" on JST, right? How about telling everybody when you will upload it on EDT or PDT?
I hope the next one would be much better than that "Walpudrgis Night" thing. :ph34r:

Say what? Ok, when we get beer tonight you shall have to tell me about these English speaking female fans you seem to know cause I have no idea who you are talking about.

Unless you mean non-Japanese, in which case I can think of maybe 2, neither of which have expressed any interest in being on the show.

Actually one of them has express allot of interest about coming on. I know plenty of Macross female fans you have never met, but they are probably are not ready or interested in coming on a podcast.

Edited by Save

Well, Save does indeed know some wonderful ladies whom he would like to bring on the cast. My mistake. He may be looking at bringing some of them on in the future. What a guy!

He's probably just worried about introducing them to YOU.

No offense, but you're kinda disreputable.

Ep.9, Part 2 coming this Sunday! Tune in for the lowdown on Macross Plus on BD!

Now I really want to see this Unexplored Hangar video you were talking about.

↓↓↓↓↓

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9FB7-%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AC%E3%83%8E%E3%82%A6%E3%82%BF%E3%83%B2%E3%82%AD%E3%82%B1-%E5%88%9D%E5%9B%9E%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%88-Blu-ray-%E5%B0%8F%E8%A5%BF%E5%85%8B%E5%B9%B8/dp/B00AM70OV6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369964504&sr=8-1&keywords=FB7

I hear the extras disc even comes with some sort of movie as well! :p

Edited by Tochiro

I'm just disappointed that Tochiro cut me singing the HG Macross Theme Song (I *know* the mike was on).

"Just a pile of rust was all they found on that isle..."

Hell, even "It's King Kong to the rescue!" would've been appreciated.

Edited by Gubaba

• 2 weeks later...

Audio volume compression/normalization, please. Soft-speaking/mumbling -> LOUD LAUGH/SINGING, not fun. Compression on Audacity, please.

Otherwise, good fun and informative!

Many thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, a lot of the audio spikes are due to the way we record - my general policy is to have everyone physically in the same room - absolutely no skype casts if I can avoid them. Why? Chemistry. Theres no chemistry like having everyone physically together.

The problem is, however, that we only have a single good quality mic to share among 4-6 people, some of whom are usually out of pickup range - you can often hear us swiveling it around to them. This results in some jumps in sound volume. The extremes are such that most normalizing software I've tried (including audacity) utterly DESTROY the volume levels overall and result in a file that has to be listened to at max volume just to be audible. this is something I'm constantly tinkering with though and I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm listening to Macross Podcast Episode 3 and I heard that Tim Eldred had done an interview with Tenjin.

I guess Tim has been keeping busy enough with Yamato 2199 because I could not find

the Tenjin interview on his webpage. Maybe, I missed seeing it?

The new starblazers website is now http://www.ourstarblazers.com/ and the old starblazers.com

webpage is just a placeholder with minimal information. You might need to update the

Macross podcast 03 webpage to with his new web page address.

http://www.macrossworld.com/2017/new-macross-podcast-is-live/

I'm listening to Macross Podcast Episode 3 and I heard that Tim Eldred had done an interview with Tenjin.

I guess Tim has been keeping busy enough with Yamato 2199 because I could not find

The new starblazers website is now http://www.ourstarblazers.com/ and the old starblazers.com

webpage is just a placeholder with minimal information. You might need to update the

Macross podcast 03 webpage to with his new web page address.

http://www.macrossworld.com/2017/new-macross-podcast-is-live/

The old website is archived, and reachable from the title page of ourstarblazers. The Tenjin interview is here, but I can't seem to access it... http://web.archive.org/web/20130207083106/http://starblazers.com/html.php?page_id=683

No, it was on the original website, but since the transfer over the old content has yet to be reposted. Tim is, understandably, fairly busy with all the Yamato 2199 news at the moment. Once the series concludes and things slow down a bit after 2199 concludes in September, work on posting the old content back up will start, although given the volume involved this will take some time.

Edited by Tochiro

I told him about it, so no worry. Wait for a while.

His answer was like this. "Tell them that Cosmo DNA 2.0 will debut soon and it will have all the content of the old website." [sic]

Many thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately, a lot of the audio spikes are due to the way we record - my general policy is to have everyone physically in the same room - absolutely no skype casts if I can avoid them. Why? Chemistry. Theres no chemistry like having everyone physically together.

The problem is, however, that we only have a single good quality mic to share among 4-6 people, some of whom are usually out of pickup range - you can often hear us swiveling it around to them. This results in some jumps in sound volume. The extremes are such that most normalizing software I've tried (including audacity) utterly DESTROY the volume levels overall and result in a file that has to be listened to at max volume just to be audible. this is something I'm constantly tinkering with though and I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

have you tried this?

http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

I use it for my show and it consistently bumps everything up to as loud as it can while still maintaining good quality.

Edited by VF5SS

have you tried this?

http://www.conversationsnetwork.org/levelator

I use it for my show and it consistently bumps everything up to as loud as it can while still maintaining good quality.

I tried it once and it leveled the peaks out but left the overall volume at 50% of what it normally would be and I was inundated by complaints from people saying they couldnt hear it while on the train/bus, etc.

Will probably give it another shot though. Thanks for the advice.