Macross World Podcast - feedback & comments

Tochiro

Congratulations on making it through the entire Delta series Gertalk Gang!

Thanks for the detailed reviews, analysis, and all around fun. The discussions definitely helped put the Delta series in perspective with Macross as a whole.

Looking forward to future Podcasts, and all the best to each of you.

Been a great trip. Made my work days much more interesting and am slowly working through the older casts. Thanks for everything.

For example, I now know why Shammy is considered a mass murderer!

Can't wait for the analysis and the news about how Delta permeates through Japan in the months to come.

Yeah, I had the same problems with the finale as well. It was okay, but are a lot of lingering questions out there preventing me from really enjoying it. It didn't help that, unlike Frontier or a recent example like Gundam Blod Iron Orphans, there was no immediate announcement afterwards of what's next. As of the time of this post, the only hint I can see is the last remaining blank spot in the story section of Delta's website after episode 26.

Edited by Einherjar

I think you guys nailed it, I won't rehash my own comments because I think you covered the points very well in the podcast. Delta was certainly not a bad show, but it was definitely one of many, many missed opportunities and poorly executed beats.

Mostly, I just wanted to say thank you to the podcast crew. I really appreciate the time and effort that you all put into making these shows and being part of the Delta experience. It's been a lot of fun listening to your reactions and commentary, and I think I looked forward to the Gertalk almost as much as I did the actual episodes each week. Thank you, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to talk about next!

Hopefully someone reads this before the review episode or caught on about this over the course of the show.

For all of the flak Delta gets for not being gritty and the like, it did bring us what is probably the most tragic character in the franchise by far with Wright Immelman. He ended up being a good person put into a position where he lost regardless of his actions. And although Chaos found out the circumstances of his actions, or at least more than what the public knew, it is ultimately trivial in the grand scheme of things. At most, Hayate was able to find some closure knowing more about his father and how he died. However, he will still be vilified by both NUNS and Windermere for the revolution and probably this war.

As for Hayate, all of this puts a darker spin on the comparisons made between him and Mirage. Not only are they polar opposites personality-wise, but also in family reputation (granddaughter of war heroes to the son of an accused war criminal). It doesn’t help that both Windermere and NUNS now know of his existence. Probably a bigger upset at this point would be if, based on how little his father talked about his job and the gifts he sent, Wright towards the end of his life did not want his son to follow in his footsteps. Ironic considering all of the dog fighting and infiltration missions Hayate has been doing since joining Chaos.

Was finally able to finish hearing your podcast guys (it was a whopper at 1 hour and 40 minutes so I had to hear it in 4 parts, LOL). I really appreciate the effort and time you put into doing these podcasts. I'm specially grateful for your input on how the series was doing/being received/interpreted in Japan.

I hope we get some films soon for you to do a podcast on.

Edited by Marzan

I really appreciate the effort and time you put into doing these podcasts. I'm specially grateful for your input on how the series was doing/being received/interpreted in Japan.

I hope we get some films soon for you to do a podcast on.

This!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there everyone!
Sorry for the absence - deadlines are ongoing, MWC was on, etc.

First up, thank you for the kind words. RDX17, Mazinger, gyxxed, Marzan, Einherjar, and everyone else, we ARE listening. Things are just busy.
At the moment we have the next 4-6 shows either planned out or partly recorded. And thats not even counting some of the new non-Delta stuff thats in the pipeline!

For one of those episodes, we'd like to revisit the format that we did after the preview episode aired - a clip show of everyones opinions.

Love the show? Hate it? Decidedly Meh? Makina hater? We don't edit the opinions we get so heres your chance to tell the world what you really think!

If you are interested in sending us your thoughts, please email your audio file to the podcast email addy that we sign off with each week.

MP3 is preferable but we can work with just about anything.

Please keep from using f-bombs. And, of course, no personal attacks or slander.

Length: 5-10 mins is ideal but if you have more to say than that then a little longer is okay as well.

Please introduce yourself by handle (and real name if you are comfortable doing so) so that we know who you are.

Deadline: No strict deadline at this point but sometime within the next 10 days would be great. (if you really really need an extension or the dog ate your cassette deck, PM me).

If you don't have a mic and are confused about what software to use, the voice recorder on your smartphone is often a handy fallback option (although the resulting file may be a little difficult to send, depending on your phone).

I've already reached out to a few ppl via twitter, so if you've already gotten back to me about contributing, feel free to ignore this ^^;

PS: Einherjar I haven't been keeping up but plan to start catching up on old eps soon. Karice listens to them weekly because she's awesome that way.

Edited by Tochiro

• 1 month later...
  • Shawn unpinned this topic

I have been expecting this kind of incident will occur some day, but it came much earlier than I have expected.

I don't know it in detail, but it's so spontaneous.

I have already known some other jaw-dropping attitudes of them.

The only thing I can tell is it happened at all.

11 minutes ago, antibiotictab said:

I have been expecting this kind of incident will occur some day, but it came much earlier than I have expected.

I don't know it in detail, but it's so spontaneous.

I have already known some other jaw-dropping attitudes of them.

The only thing I can tell is it happened at all.

What? What incident are you referring to? And who is them?

Our end of year wrap up is up.

With the front page being in a state of transition at the moment, please download the cast from the following site. iTunes integration is also on hiatus until the front page is back up and running. 

Anyways, enjoy the cast! We have a LOT of content coming up this year :-)

http://www.decultureshock.com/speakerpodcast-ep-71-2016-end-of-year-wrap-up-ramble/

On 1/12/2017 at 5:11 PM, Sandman said:

Is that episode with the other podcasters and fans reviewing delta coming up soon? I'd love to hear what Daryl Surat has to say about it.

It's in a large stack of podcasts that we have lined up. The mix of entries we received is a little different this time though.

On 1/14/2017 at 3:32 PM, HannouHeiki said:

I finally finished the end of year "ramble" a few days ago. It's really great to hear you guys back together in this format!  

Thanks! Time permitting, hopefully we can do more as the year progresses :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished listening to episode 72. Great podcast about the concert. Someone needs to make a "cheat sheet" for the choreography and lighting for folks outside of Japan so everyone can be on the same page. :p

Never posted before, but I've been following these forums for awhile.  Just wanted to add my thanks for all these great podcasts!

I just got back from the Walkure 2nd Live in Yokohama on Saturday and had a great time! The recent concert podcast helped a lot to prepare me for what to expect going in. It also made me keep my eyes open enough to spot a special guest performer just wandering the concert goods area in the mid afternoon! It did spoil the surprise a little!

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Awesome...super excited to hear the coverage.

Will episode 73 and 74 be on iTunes soon? 

Thanks Tochiro and crew. :) 

Howdy! Unfortunately those two eps seem to not be playing friendly with iTunes. 

Ill try to find out what the problem is over the weekend before Wonderfest :-)