Yamato's Destroids

Scream Man

i know these are old n all, but there are no current threads for these. So I've gotten myself 2 Tomahawks, the green ones. These cost me just under $100 each shipped, which is a very reasonable price given the detail of these toys.

Now i remember when these came out they were something like $150/200 each. That always seemed unreasonable, which is why i had never picked them up. Now that u can get them for way cheaper....these are really great toys! The detail in the missile pods, opening cockpit, multi joint legs and feet ...just a great set of toys!

Now I only got the Tomahawk, but this makes me want to get a Defender as well. i know the Spartan is unlikely, and the Phalanx is supposed to be a kit, but it sucks these aren't more readily available.

Do u think people just weren't into the Destroids, or was it the price that messed em up?

I started with a tomahawk then got the regular defender, and now I have 3 of each! The only ones I don't have are the khaki defender and weathered tomahawk(which I find too dirt looking). They have great articulation and detail. But I've fixed more than one midsection swivel because they can be loose! And I am looking forward to one ore two phalanx kits!

Fun with destroids! Growing up the matchbox destroids were easy to find on the shelves, unlike the VF-1 toys in the US...

(null)

post-687-655105_thumb.jpg

Edited by usagiz

A destroid can never look 'too dirty'...

The Defender is awsome weathered, much nicer shade than unweathered version which is too bright! Now the weathered Tomahawk just has too any weathering lines in my opinion, but it ends up looking sloppy... The OD weathered Tomahawk looks much better! Maybe I am just afraid to have 4 Tomahawks!

post-687-0-20609100-1336001639_thumb.jpg

Edited by usagiz

Im happy with my 2 T hawks, and Id like a couple of Defenders as well. Im not a huge Phalanx fan, so Im not sure about that one, But Id get some Spartans. Especially if they keep the price to $100, which is very reasonable

For me it's a choice between a transforming valk, and cannon fodder destroids. Though I do love the 1/60 destroids, I only managed to snag a defender few months back...but with the current releases of Bandai and Yamato Valks, the destroids just have to wait....

• 8 months later...

Destroids should never have weathering. At the rate they die they wouldn't be out on the field long enough to get dirty.

Hell, at the rate they die you'd think the pilots were installed at the end of the assembly line and they were dropped right into battle.

On a side note... God what's I'd do for a Cheyenne Mk 2 in 1/60

Edited by Duymon

Not sure, but if that's what is HAS to be than I'll take it.

As I've said before, if they want to sell oodles all they have to do is mold a simple 2 part hanger chain-base to sell with the Spartan and Phalanx. Something that when put together gives you about a 12" deep by 36" wide area to display your Yamato goodies.

Hopefully this will be announced at the next WF...