Official LEGO Valks? Show your support!

Valkyrie Hunter D

This guy made a pretty sweet GBP armor set: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/638

So apparently if 10,000 supporters are reached, LEGO will review the idea of making official valk sets. It'll probably be still a longshot but, hell, weirder things have happened. But that fact that Macross could be the first Japanese animation property that gets LEGO attention sounds pretty cool.

I agree 100%. I really hope this gets made, even if they don't brand it as Macross or Robotech, as a transforming valkyrie like this that could be built and messed about with without fear of damage sounds pretty cool.

Add that to the fact that people like Kawamori design valks with legos, and you've got a pretty cool bit of potential right here...

interesting indeed.

love the concept, but legos seem to have loose joints other than the ball joints used on bionicles.

size looks nice and palm sized, but no fighter mode is mad yet. The parts don't seem to form the figter either. Wonder how that will work.

nonetheless, I think the concept is great, and to have a cheaper alternitive to a GBP was always my wish :p

I added my vote awhile back. I share the concern over licensing; another project, based on Shaun of the Dead, recently achieved 10K+ votes, and is being reviewed for possible release as a set. The LEGO Group have already expressed their concerns about the subject matter and licensing concerns. So, if these valk designs achieve 10K votes as well, licensing will most likely be the greatest obstacle to seeing a wide release as an actual set, as much as I'd like to see it succeed.

The model is pretty impressive. The hips use official LEGO ratcheting joints, not ball, which are much stronger and hold poses well in larger models. There's a Youtube vid showing transformation. It has a "perfect transformation" design, and looks pretty solid.

This is why I'm not holding my breath. I probably won't import a lego all the way from japan.

I wouldn't either. I only buy legos for my nephews. If I started buying Lego for myself, it would be the end of me. I have to draw the line somewhere, and paying the crazy currency exchange to import lego doesn't appeal to me.

But it's pretty freaking awesome.

Edited by pud333

Kreo is a bit disappointing, considering they're billed as a Transformers product, but don't actually transform. The sets are made by Oxford, which are a pretty high quality clone of LEGO.

There are some transforming Transformers building sets in Japan, but IIRC, they don't work with LEGO.

You know it's sad, I actually miss all those wacky bionicle sets that used to be so popular.. Not because I'd ever build anything from that line.. but those things were chock full of awesome mech-building pieces. Joints, pistons, etc.. I'm sad my local shop stopped stocking them.

What I really really need to build some incredible stuff is for them to come out with an axial version of that massive click joint they make. I've got a ton of the regular ones, but rotating the mounting points to the outside of the disk instead of the edges would make for a wonderful shoulder or hip joint.

Edited by Chronocidal

Already supported this, saw it in another thread.

Lego clones for the lose, red tape with the licensing for the lose, bionicle components for the win, blah blah blah malarkey.

And, pud, you're in BC, since when has anyone in BC had to import Lego? I know they sell them there.

I think he meant that red tape would only allow for a Japanese official release, and thus, he would have to import to Canada....

-Archer :)