The show continues to impress! Chief Beifong was awesome. Also really liked the music in this episode.....particularly the piece that started when Amon announced his revolution and started his get a way and played through the end.

Also thinking that Amon isn't actually taking away bending abilities permanently, but is rather blocking them some how. I watched the final episode of ATLAB again and it was a BIG deal that Aang did that and almost consumed him in the process. Plus, Aang needed to touch the person in 2 locations......the head, like what Amon does, but also the chest.

Chris

CARAMBA!

What was that?

Amon made ​​an entrying the master in the final of tournament. And gave a pusta master stroke in the benders in the city, attacking the winning team.

Things are moving too fast,and much of the past of the characters are revealing, interesting^^

Lin Baifong andTenzin, who would say..

Lin, was more clever than the Omega Red XD

Why no one hold this "Number 2"?

"Number 2" is the guy with electric bats.

More over of traumatic past about Aang appear in visions that have Korra.

In my view Yakone had someone who cared a lot from him.

The point to take revenge on all benders so that Aang did it.

Another great episode; this show hasn't dissapointed at all so far.

Lin Beifong kicks major a$$ even if she doesn't come out on top, which is more of a testament to the caliber of Amon and his organization as foes than any shortcomings of her part, and now it looks like she'll be going rogue manhunter on the Equalists...

I'm really digging the Steampunk-esque look of the tech on this show. Those Equalist Mechs were very neat in a Bioshock 2-ish sort of way.

The only thing that is kind of annoying me is how many times are they going to knock out an equalist thug or their Lt. until they take them into custody? Also, I guess benders aren't that great fighters without their abilities because they seem helpless in hand to hand combat but..............

Mako's girl had no problem taking out the Lt.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

It could be that because they have the ability to manipulate elements, Benders in general, tend to rely on it too much, or just focus most of their training towards honing their bending; they also tend to be entirely over-confident. Non-benders must train in physical combat martial arts, and train harder, if they hope to even the odds in a fight with a bender, and they likely have developed specific techniques to counter benders, shock sticks and gloves notwithstanding... in the case of the Equalists they even have shock troops composed of chi blockers.

Another little nugget I enjoyed on this last episode was the re-appearance of the Cabbage Guy from the previous series (he did very well for himself after he participated in the production of the theatrical piece by "The Ember Island Players"), or his son. That was a great nod and easter egg for fans of the original... Cabbage Corp. Ha!

Love this show more than most live action stuff, not just TV but including movies. Great balance between story, action, characterization, depth, complexity and most of all fun. It's also not all that predictable in any way.

In the same way Rush Limbaugh isn't a bad guy.

Wrong... Given the fact that Amon is a rabble rouser, grievance pimp, and shake down artist, I’d say he fits the mold of a Marxist agitator and would be far more analogous to Jessie Jackson, or better yet… Al Sharpton. And if one is to take into consideration that he also has his own private “army” of thugs/enforcers, Amon would be akin to the leader of the New Black Panthers or the Teamsters.

Love this show more than most live action stuff, not just TV but including movies. Great balance between story, action, characterization, depth, complexity and most of all fun. It's also not all that predictable in any way.

I have to agree with you there. I'd even go as far as to state that this show is better than anything currently on TV... period. The sheer amount of story, character development, action and humor crammed into 24 minutes, and with it not feeling rushed or incongruous is nothing short of amazing. This latest episode is a prime example of just how good TLOK is; it starts as a seemingly light hearted action romp, morphs into serious subject matter and ends in a note of helpless desperation... great stuff.

Jaw dropped at the end of the episode. the show's not afraid to make big moves on each episode either... this episode alone had

the kids form team avatar, Tenzin ask Korra whether or not she's had communications with the other avatars, Asami find out that Korra likes Mako, an awesome fight between Korra and another main character Tarrlock, and that Tarlock is a Blood Bender? wtf??? oh and Korra is taken prisoner while the rest of the team sit in jail.

Wrong... Given the fact that Amon is a rabble rouser, grievance pimp, and shake down artist, I’d say he fits the mold of a Marxist agitator and would be far more analogous to Jessie Jackson, or better yet… Al Sharpton. And if one is to take into consideration that he also has his own private “army” of thugs/enforcers, Amon would be akin to the leader of the New Black Panthers or the Teamsters.

Way to miss the point. Amon is divisive and disseminates his opinions in extremes. Like Rush, like Sharpton, and like Hitler. (Yes, I'm aware of, and don't care about the internet Hitler rule.) Defending any one of them means defending them all.

And I'm pretty sure my opinion is not wrong.

Edited by RD Blade

I'd like to offer an apology in advance for getting way to close to politics and getting dangerously near derailing this thread and risking its locking (should this post cross the line, mods please feel free to delete). Causing disruption and acrimony is not my intention; however...

Way to miss the point...

Point? What point? Making politically charged snide remarks gets you called on them? There is a HUGE difference between expressing opinion that you may disagree with or find offensive, and advocating violence against a group of scapegoats by stoking the baser instincts of the mob in the pursuit of power. There is absolutely no commonality between the two; the first makes you think and question pre-consieved notions or perhaps makes you angry, and is the halmark of a free scociety with consitutionaly guaranteed freedom of speech (the protection of controversial, non-sanctioned, speech is one of the reasons for the 1st Amendment... popular speech, by its nature, needs no protection); the second is the definition of demagoguery.

Besides, what did you expect from lobbing off such an infantile, divisive, comment dripping with political bias in a toy/cartoon forum? <_<

And I'm pretty sure my opinion is not wrong.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... :rolleyes:

Way to miss the point. Amon is divisive and disseminates his opinions in extremes. Like Rush, like Sharpton, and like Hitler. (Yes, I'm aware of, and don't care about the internet Hitler rule.) Defending any one of them means defending them all.

How bout your both wrong.

I was thinking more along the lines of The Punisher or magneto.

Amon has only removed the abilities of benders who are evilish. So far we've seen him/her take down a Mob boss and lackeys and a cheating bender team. When took down the team why didn't he go for Tenzin or 'Lin Beifong That probably would have been a bigger blow to benders everywhere.

Also I don't think he wants benders gone from the world but equal representation for non-benders. Or a spot on the council. Are there any non-benders on the council.

Or he'll just create his own nation for non-benders like magneto did for mutants.

I'm going to call it now Tarlock has some sort of connection to the mysterious court room guy and Amon. Possibly a relative, master or childhood friend.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

you paint Amon with too nice a brush. I'm waiting for a heckler to ask him if, once all the benders are gone, if he will harass non-benders next, with all the potential threats gone?

Anyone else think Tarlok is Amon?

...I'm going to call it now Tarlock has some sort of connection to the mysterious court room guy and Amon. Possibly a relative, master or childhood friend.

Given Tarrlok's bug-eyed reaction when Korra compares him to Amon, it's entirelly feasible to speculate that there may be a connection between the two. Was he outraged by the comprisson to whom he considers a dangerous revolutionary? Was he shocked at having Korra peg him accuratly? Or did he feel threatened by thinking that she was too close to uncovering his secret?

what did you expect from lobbing off such an infantile, divisive, comment dripping with political bias in a toy/cartoon forum? <_<

I'm not admitting to your over-the-top accusation which was preceded by an over-the-top anti-union, anti-civil rights activist rant, but what I expected was an eye-roll.
Amon has only removed the abilities of benders who are evilish. So far we've seen him/her take down a Mob boss and lackeys and a cheating bender team.
That's an interesting take. Good observation. Now I'm curious to see if you're right. Edited by RD Blade

I'm not admitting to your over-the-top accusation which was preceded by an over-the-top anti-union, anti-civil rights activist rant, but what I expected was an eye-roll.

"Over-the-top"? Ha! That's rich! Throwing a live political granade from one point of view and making Hitler comparisons are just peachy (worthy of a self-congratulatory pat on the back at one's own perceived "cleverness", even). Making a counterpoint based on Historical fact is "over-the-top" and "anti-union" and "anti-civil rights" and "activist" and a "rant-y"... typical, too typical. Whatever :rolleyes:; this threat has been derailed enough.

[Lets take to PM if you'd like to have a serious political discussion, but I doubt I could convince you and I know you can't convince me]

I just see the chapter of today's Korra and damn ...

What was that??

Many bombastics revelations and more mysteries to solve:

Aang took the Blood Bending from Yacone as to the extreme measure to he never threaten the city again.

Tarlook is the son of Yacone.

The Blood Bending apparently is congenital. Or Yacone taught him before he loses it.

Foresaw the end of the season to be displayed on 23/06

Besides a lot of new technologies, the city is in turmoil.

The question is whether those who do not have bending power will follow Amon.

Amon, or is a bender, or acquires the power from every bender what he retires.

After all, in the final scene of predicted, it seems to use the fold to hold Blood Korra.

Now just need to show who he really is!

Awesome series. The steam punk vibe of the "New Team Avatar" was very welcomed as is the whole evolved setting. It would have been fun to have combinations of machines like they have with the animals.

And next chapter is the season finale... this series is going REALLY fast but at the same time it doesn't feel rushed. A more than worthy successor to the original.

"Not my cabage corp!!" :lol:

Another good episode. Just 3 more to go in this season.

So it turns out that there was no direct connection between Amon and Tarrlok, and Tarrlok, aside from his paternally inherited ability to blood bend under any lunar phase, turned out to be just a mundane power hungry opportunistic politician... this was the only part of the episode that I felt was a bit lacking and uninspired. Although, having him equalized by Amon was a satisfying turn of events.

And speaking of Amon, he must have a substantial network of spies throughout the city in order to know exactly where Tarrlok would have taken Korra once it was known that he'd kidnapped her. This was a bit of a plot convenience that could have come across as a bit contrived, but the dialog and action made it work. It's also clear that Amon's goal is to eradicate bending from the whole world, not just met out justice to the wicked benders who abuse their abilities to oppress non-benders.

Korra gets one step closer to becoming a full Avatar by finally being able to tap into Aang's memories... not a communion with a past incarnation, but a step in her spiritual awakening that should unlock her ability to air bend and tap into the spirit realm and the Avatar State, maybe. It was great seeing 40 year old Aang, Toph, and Sokka; to see Aang's discomfiture under Toph's sarcastic sense of humor, and Sokka's jocular nature come through even under the austere setting of a trial where the accused is not only a crime boss, but also something of a freak bender.

Finally, I've come up with my own speculation concerning Amon. He's not a Chi Blocker, he's THE Chi Blocker. Given Amon's ability to overcome Tarrlok's bloodbending onslaught -- something that not even Aang could resist from Yakone without tapping into AS -- I'd posit that he is a bender himself, one of the special cases Sokka alluded to (like combustion man) in Korra's meditative vision... a Chi-bender, which would also explain his ability to take away a person's bending for good.

Edited by mechaninac

Possible huge spoiler of the identity of Amon.

You where warned:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q222/cd821/5822b98f.jpg

A friend of mine and I think this image is a flash back (since it looks authentic) and that the person in the picture had some tie to Amon in the past....possibly a mentor and that Amon is now just using the knowledge learned in a perverted way.

Chris