So typical of Nickelodeon. They completely ignore promoting the show, which is aired in a death dealing time slot for animation in the US market, and then are surprised that viewership is bellow expectations, and instead of advertising the show and/or moving it to a more viable day or time, they decide to pull show... it's gotta be the show's fault; it could not possibly be their mismanagement of the property. :rolleyes:

They are going to kill this gem the same way they did Invader Zim. This cavalier attitude towards The Legend of Korra also reminds me of the way Fox sabotaged SAaB back in the day. This does not bode well for the likelihood of book 4 to properly end the series. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

The way Nick is handling it while frustrating, is KIND OF understandable. based on their lineup, LoK doesn't really fit anything. In fact I believe on FB the creators mentioned that viewership was mostly online so in order to increase ad revenue they switched it to online only. Looks like they also have plans for season 4 so the series gets to be seen thru to the end. Here is the link to the article where the creators talk about the move.

http://io9.com/creators-of-the-legend-of-korra-explain-the-shows-not-c-1611119124

• 3 weeks later...

great news. I was used to August - September start that I waited for late august to check Book 3 premiere date to notice that it is already done.

I recently finished watching all episode, meaning that I do not need to wait that long to start watching the last season :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, first impressions of episode of the last season.

It was good, did not expect much of what happened last season, but it was cool.
See oseprsonagens aged three years until demonstrated more maturity on their part.
Wait for the rest to see what happens.

Captain Kuvira (the woman who treat Korra's father after the combat with Zaheer) new villain
New Earth-King is a jerk...
Bolin more mature, but not much insightful...
Korra without direction or goal, might almost be killed by mercury, has changed his view of the current world as avatar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great f'n show! A bit simplistic on the Kuvira explanation. I wish they introduced her right when they first got to Zaofu last season... but aside from little things like that Avatar and Korra are the most cohesive stories on TV this side of Breaking Bad.

Oh and Zhu-Li kicking ass... lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Great f'n show! A bit simplistic on the Kuvira explanation. I wish they introduced her right when they first got to Zaofu last season... but aside from little things like that Avatar and Korra are the most cohesive stories on TV this side of Breaking Bad.

Oh and Zhu-Li kicking ass... lol.

They kind of did right off the bat in The Metal Clan episode, she is the only Zaofu guard with more than a single line of dialogue and the only one referenced by name, twice. It's just that this bit of focus is completely irrelevant and gets right by the viewer until she saves Tonraq, and it doesn't become significant until she becomes the antagonist in season 4. Once you're aware of her role in the Balance Chapter, if you re-watch the whole Zaofu arc, her subtle introduction becomes obvious.

I wholeheartedly agree that The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra are in a class of their own in quality story telling, characters and their development (you actually grow to care for even second and third tier ones), blend of humor and drama, attention to continuity, and how the world in which it takes place was so richly and thoroughly designed... a character in its own right. Cohesive indeed. I'll truly miss this show once it's over.

And boom, just like that Korra is back on TV, starting tomorrow no less.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/25/the-legend-of-korra-episodes-return-to-tv

They just ran the whole Change Chapter today. Although I've seen every episode of Chapter 4 released online up to this point, I can't wait for the series to get the regular airing recognition it deserves. I'll be watching.

The thing I like the most about both TLA and LoK is that they actually have a story to tell. Once the story reaches its end, it's over. Not like a lot of shows these days where they try to milk the franchise for all it's worth. Lot's of character development and each episode, while being part of a bigger story, really kind of stands on their own.

It's going to suck when LoK ends, and I doubt that they will do another series given how Nickelodeon has been treating this one. There was a rumor that a movie based on LoK was in talks, but nothing confirmed yet. If they do that, I hope they learned their lesson from the Shyamalan fuster cluck.

They kind of did right off the bat in The Metal Clan episode, she is the only Zaofu guard with more than a single line of dialogue and the only one referenced by name, twice. It's just that this bit of focus is completely irrelevant and gets right by the viewer until she saves Tonraq, and it doesn't become significant until she becomes the antagonist in season 4. Once you're aware of her role in the Balance Chapter, if you re-watch the whole Zaofu arc, her subtle introduction becomes obvious.

That's the part I meant was messy. I knew righ away that they shoehorned that line in last minute just to put her in the background. I appreciate the effort but it would have been cooler if they did that all thru last season... with or without lines.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure hope the last episode ever will be a 2-parter. After Kuvira going all Orguss 2 on Republic City, a single half hour wrap-up will be either very rushed or leave a lot of loose ends. Sad to see this great series end, though.

Dont worry, episode 12 and 13 is released today so it is the usual 2 part ending.

Damn good last two episodes, giant mecha suit did not disappoint, the finales for this series have always been excellent. I also like the last little scene, it was where I wanted and expected Korra to end up relationship-wise, and I think it was done about as well as Nick would allow, so bravo to that too.