Yeah, Korra has always been a bit impatient and hot headed. Too bad she's reverted back to that immaturity.

I find it amusing that she is angry with her father and Tenzin, for their, supposedly, heavy handed approach to her training by forcing what hey thought was best for her on her. Yet, she is OK with the Northern Water Tribe sending an armed force to he south to force their way on the southerners! I hope they address that hypocrisy in the show.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 2 weeks later...

Not a big fan of the whole "let's give Wan all the elements because he thinks he can learn them all". The first Avatar should have been an unwilling hero with virtue and honesty. Sounds cliche but they needed something that more than separated Wan from the rest of the humans. He's kind of a f-up.

I like the way how they explain how the avatar came about. I don't think his being a normal human originally is all that bad, and the way they explain the avatar's ability to use all four elements by having the spirit hold them for his is kinda cool too.

I also think his personality adds as well since it tells us that the avatar doesn't need to be some divine unapproachable being, but rather, just a normal person with personality of their own.

I really liked the beginnings episode if you can't tell :D

Man, great hour of television. I liked how the animation was different. Not sure if they were trying to portray a different era or purely because these episodes were made by a different animation company.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, she looked good with her hair down. I really enjoyed the last 4 episodes but I have to say that I'm not really fond of Korra as the avatar. She screws up and makes more bad decisions than good ones. It makes me wonder how the new Avatar is chosen... I'm guessing Rava finds the next available bender baby on the elements roster that's born as soon as the last Avatar kicks the bucket, if that's true then I can accept the fact that each Avatar is not some sort of chosen one but more of a luck of the draw type thing. She does make me appreciate Ang more, lol. As a whole I enjoyed last season a lot more.

Loved the scene where Bolin is fighting in front of the "mover" screen and the announcer couldn't help but comment on the action.

I liked season 1 better overall too, but that's not to say this one was bad. I felt like season 1, Korra was constantly under Ang's shadow especially with an audience judging if she will be "better" than Ang.

She had an epic battle this season. Bolin getting back in action was awesome.

Looking forward to book 3 and 4.

Wow, they sure wanted to show all the episodes fast. I basically saw a movie.

Really enjoyed this last four episodes

The message of not being tied by decisions of the past and not defining yourself by what is expected of you by others was nice. Tenzin is really my favourite character (but was getting a bit whiny in the last episodes… poor guy).

The loss of contact with the wisdom of the previous avatars is kinda meaningless for Korra since she really only talked to Aang maybe once??

So next season could have Korra having to work a lot to keep balance with the now united humans and the spirits. Interesting thing is that since Korra destroyed Vaatu, he technically is now inside her along with Raava.

Ooooh, they kept the break-up. For a moment I felt like they were keeping Asami as the eternal friendzoned punchingbag :p … then again the whole romantic tension is always a favourite to reuse in a series.

And Nuktuk will always be my hero!!

BTW, missed fun moment they could have done:

Varrick escaping just to later have Zhu-li pilot a giant version of the Asami mecha, the Zhi-li MKII, would have been epic :lol: !!!

• 6 months later...

So much bending epicness! Love the animation quality as well.

Apparently all book 3 episodes leaked in Mexico a few days ago (at least, I heard about something like that online), so I suppose it can't be too long.

Did anyone else notice the ridiculous amount of air benders (even some wearing typical "earth-bender" green) present throughout that trailer?

• 1 month later...

It's actually been on for 3 weeks now....Nickolodeon's advertising department sucks! They are showing 2 episodes a night and I missed one of them. :(

Chris

Missed last nights episodes. Damn you real life. :(

You can catch up with all the episodes so far here, and in HD to boot. Twoducks is right, this season is proving itself to be the best one yet, what with the fast paced, super dynamic action sequences, the more expansive world which harkens back to The Last Airbender, the revisiting of some more characters and concepts from the original series, and like its predecessor, the great attention to continuity... It's awesome personified.

...And where's Asami?

She's very much around from episodes 1-6; she does not show up in episode 7 because the last episode focuses away from Korra and the rest of the gang currently visiting with the Metal Clan.

that's insane... Korra's the only animation on an American TV with a narrative. And they're not even advertising it. I remember anticipation last season and this time it was like "Huh? Korra's back and they already aired the first 2 episodes?" Only to find out it was three episodes AND they skipped the next week after that. Sabotage! <_<