CUSTOMISED 1/48 VF-1J+GBP 1S

Gatsu

Hello, due to unexplainable breaking of the cockpit joint (this is the second valkyrie with this issue i got..) that you can see in the pics i'm adding to the topic, i'm lowering the price to 390 usd for the valkyrie plus the armor, hope that somebody is interested on it.

HI everybody here, i m selling my Vf-1j Hikaru hichijo valkyrie, repainted, weathered, panel lined and with old Anasazi decals + Amor parts GBP 1S .... but you better see pics.

post-3926-0-72515800-1334420223_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-95539000-1334420261_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-31880500-1334420304_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-34919600-1334420322_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-32679200-1334420371_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-46619300-1334420396_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-72061500-1334420419_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-67707400-1334420506_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-62574400-1334420535_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-37902900-1334420561_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-86096700-1334420742_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-96496400-1334420770_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-46693600-1334420795_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-26438800-1334420900_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-97111300-1334420932_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-53947300-1334421003_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-64636300-1334421015_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-06457900-1334421066_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-73193100-1334421098_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-05035400-1334421111_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-56245800-1334421139_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-60768500-1334421164_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-39464800-1334421185_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-22514900-1334421205_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-83968900-1334421218_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-91748300-1334421241_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-31765200-1334421285_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-78052300-1334421321_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-90590000-1334421361_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-56340700-1334421407_thumb.jpg

post-3926-0-94909100-1334421446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gatsu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, now somebody please explain me a thing: i'm seing 1/48 valkyries being sold for more than mine, blank common valkyries.... in these days i saw a simple and used 1/48 vf-1j sold for 250 bucks, and the armor too for 150$!!! The total is about 430 $!! It's more than a year that i'm trying to sell a piece of art, where i put my blood, and NOBODY SEEMS INTERESTED ON IT.... Is there some kind of boicot that MW utents are doing against me for some reason that i don't know??? Any suggestion would be appreciated , thanks.

Maybe is just that the releasing of the new V.2 1/60 scale valkyrie line killed all the interest on the 1/48 line (maybe not all the interest but at less in great part)

Relax. Everybody's got their reasons. Some are tight on cash and a spending more on version 2's or macross F toys. Others don't like broken toys no matter how beautiful or customized they may be. One thing is for sure... Everyone has their price. Lower the cost of your toy enough and it will sell. If that doesn't work, you can always put it on ebay and put a reserve price that fits your comfort level.

Maybe is just that the releasing of the new V.2 1/60 scale valkyrie line killed all the interest on the 1/48 line (maybe not all the interest but at less in great part)

QFT... seller shouldn't take it to seriously, it's just the way the market has shifted away from 1/48's that's probably causing issues.

Honestly, I wish I had the money to buy it but I can't justify it when I don't want/need the armor. It's a beautiful piece no doubt about it and hopefully I'll have one like it to display as a stand alone.

Honestly, I wish I had the money to buy it but I can't justify it when I don't want/need the armor. It's a beautiful piece no doubt about it and hopefully I'll have one like it to display as a stand alone.

Obviously, i wasn t referring to you Benson... the fact is that looking at 'for sale and trade' treads don't seem at all that people lost interest on 1/48, at least not very much. And about the broken canopy part: even with that broken part (last year the canopy wasn't broken at all but nobody got interested on it for mothes, this is the 3rd time i post this tread) i can't low the price like a blank used one, it s absurd!

I agree, I have recently sold quite a few 1/48 models for decent prices. In fact I sold all my weathering edition 1/48 models while the 1/60 models are still available. Speaking just for myself, I am a collector, so I never open/display my valks. If I did want to display one, it would be the one you are selling right here. It is a beautiful piece of work.

Well I think it's a matter of knowing your market. Personally I don't like weathered / panel lined valks. I like mine clean. If I WERE to buy a weathered valk I would get one of limited ones because it's an official item and limited.

Most MW members are pretty good at modeling so it's cheaper for them to just buy a clean valk and customize it on their own. Or if they are like me then they just want mint toys.

Also, I think most people are looking for customs of schemes that aren't in production such as a Minmay Guard or Black Aces. So if you made it to flip then bad choice. If you made it for yourself and have to sell it due to circumstances then I know the feeling and it sucks. I think anyone that has the money to buy this is probably hardcore enough that they already own a ton of Hikaru 1Js.

Well I think it's a matter of knowing your market. Personally I don't like weathered / panel lined valks. I like mine clean. If I WERE to buy a weathered valk I would get one of limited ones because it's an official item and limited. Most MW members are pretty good at modeling so it's cheaper for them to just buy a clean valk and customize it on their own. Or if they are like me then they just want mint toys. Also, I think most people are looking for customs of schemes that aren't in production such as a Minmay Guard or Black Aces. So if you made it to flip then bad choice. If you made it for yourself and have to sell it due to circumstances then I know the feeling and it sucks. I think anyone that has the money to buy this is probably hardcore enough that they already own a ton of Hikaru 1Js.

As i saw here, just a few MW utents are enough skilled and have the will to customise a valkyrie, the majority of them just possess mint, blank valkyries. Customise a valkyrie by yourself IT S NOT CHEAP: i spent a lot of money in tamiya colours (several pots for a valkyrie), primer (at least 2 spray cans or more), and decals wich are rare and expensive.

You can't compare a well customised valkyrie like mine or those that were in the 'custom' section of the MW site with the ones made by Yamato itself; these are generally bad made, weathering are approximate and they have not decals at all!!!

From my point of view spending money for buying the 2nd or the 3rd copy of the same blank valkyrie i already have (as many here use to do) is a waste of money and i would prefer spending money on a one of a kind valkyrie (what makes it a one-of-a-kind is not only an unpublished color schemes but could be as well a rare details quality and beauty)

As i saw here, just a few MW utents are enough skilled and have the will to customise a valkyrie, the majority of them just possess mint, blank valkyries. Customise a valkyrie by yourself IT S NOT CHEAP: i spent a lot of money in tamiya colours (several pots for a valkyrie), primer (at least 2 spray cans or more), and decals wich are rare and expensive.

You can't compare a well customised valkyrie like mine or those that were in the 'custom' section of the MW site with the ones made by Yamato itself; these are generally bad made, weathering are approximate and they have not decals at all!!!

From my point of view spending money for buying the 2nd or the 3rd copy of the same blank valkyrie i already have (as many here use to do) is a waste of money and i would prefer spending money on a one of a kind valkyrie (what makes it a one-of-a-kind is not only an unpublished color schemes but could be as well a rare details quality and beauty)

No offence but you are entitled to your own opinions on how and what people should buy and what other people should prefer with their monies and their toys.

bigkid24 has made some good points, but I would like to add that customized toy is very subjective to the works andthe eyes of the beholders. It's just like how you view others works in MW's site and Yamato's works as "generally badly made", but some people enjoy doing it and Yamato's weathered toys do sell.

I love the way it looks and if my financial situation wasn't so crappy I would love to get it. The economy in in the sewer (past being in the toilet) and I am fighting to keep a positive balance in my bank account. :-) Sadly I think it like that for the majority of people now.

curious, if you spent so much time, money, and effort into building this custom, why are you selling it? it's a decent looking figure, and i have been tempted several times to get it as the VF-1J is my favorite valk, but there's a couple of reasons i haven't bitten.

1. $390 for a custom piece is still a good chunk of change. Think of what you could buy for $390 in the toy world that's current, in demand, and not a 1/48 VF-1J which has been out for 6 years. If this custom were to come out when it was initially released and still in demand, i think you'd make a sale easy because people wouldn't have had one already, and wouldn't mind getting a customized version. (i have 3 GBPs)

2. I should probably take this to PM, but honestly i've never liked your attitude in your sale threads. You really come off poorly in your descriptions and your complaining about why people haven't bought your custom. Your arrogant and condescending tone really puts me off. If i were trying to sell my customs, i'd let the pictures do the talking for me and build up a good reputation to sell my work. If you tried being a bit more humble, it might help your sale and also any future custom sales.

^ exactly. getting upset at the community when we dont buy your items isnt exactly a good business practice. Thats why ive avoided all your sales.

Customizing just to sell something without a buyer is a bad idea. Assuming it will sell because you think it is a masterpiece, and then talking down to us when it does not sell is very arrogant and a great way to lose all potential future buyers.

Im not criticizing your work...im just saying its no ones fault but your own that your item isnt selling. No one told you to buy all that tamiya paint, primer, decals...etc. Your best bet is Ebay or lower your price. Putting a price on custom work is a hard thing to do. What you think is a reasonable price may be WAY too much for the majority of the collectors here. Customized or not, its still an old, broken valk.

from now on, you should have a buyer commited BEFORE you start a project like this. Do commission work. Dont spend money on paints/tools ect and dont spend hours doing a project like this unless its for your own collection or someone has specifically told you that they want one of your customs.

Edited by Jeremy007

curious, if you spent so much time, money, and effort into building this custom, why are you selling it? it's a decent looking figure, and i have been tempted several times to get it as the VF-1J is my favorite valk, but there's a couple of reasons i haven't bitten.

1. $390 for a custom piece is still a good chunk of change. Think of what you could buy for $390 in the toy world that's current, in demand, and not a 1/48 VF-1J which has been out for 6 years. If this custom were to come out when it was initially released and still in demand, i think you'd make a sale easy because people wouldn't have had one already, and wouldn't mind getting a customized version. (i have 3 GBPs)

2. I should probably take this to PM, but honestly i've never liked your attitude in your sale threads. You really come off poorly in your descriptions and your complaining about why people haven't bought your custom. Your arrogant and condescending tone really puts me off. If i were trying to sell my customs, i'd let the pictures do the talking for me and build up a good reputation to sell my work. If you tried being a bit more humble, it might help your sale and also any future custom sales.

bingo!

Someone just asked me if I wanted to paint their ThunderHammer since they saw I was doing one on commission. But they said I can sell it afterwards and split the profit with them after I sold it. So, what they REALLY wanted was for me to put in the work and the cost of materials in hopes that I can sell their kit for them. Of course I said no. Why would I put in my time for something that might not sell?

I know it's not cheap to customize a toy. That's why I don't do it. It's also not cheap to buy a limited weathered valkyrie from Yamato but I know the quality that I'm getting. I'll know that I can play with it because I won't have to worry about the paint rubbing off. Also when I resell it I won't have to beg people to buy it.

Your 1J is one of a kind only because there isn't another one weathered exactly the same way but it's still just a Hikaru 1J that we already all own. You weathered it...actually, no, you panel lined it. You didn't add a cool gimmick. You didn't create any new parts. You didn't make a new paint scheme. That's what people want.

I've seen repainted versions of $10 Transformers toys go for $60 on ebay. They repainted a G1 character from red to blue to create a shattered glass version and did nothing else to it. Basically it was a version of the toy that didn't exist before but it was just a repaint. Your 1J is similar to that except you didn't repaint the whole thing.

In comparison, the custom 1/48 Thunder Hammer (built from scratch) sold for $600. Minmay Guard customs sell for $600-1000 because of their complex paint scheme and their rare decals. People on this site have signed up regularly to pay $400-500 for recasts of rare kits that didn't exist in toy form. MW members do have deep pockets and they do appreciate good customs especially the items that are unique and not available anywhere else. So it's great that you think your custom is great, but you're not selling to yourself. You're selling to us. So like I said, you need to know your market.

I was banned for one day telling him why people weren't biting on the custom by Exo. I basically said the same thing Kirik said on his previous for sale listing.

I wanted to avoid commenting on this thread since there is a rule in place about pricing for sale items if I'm not mistaken but since someone already lit the fire I might as well put more gas on it.

Exo moderate! LoL

Edited by Kicker773

And you know you're one of my boys, man! Just goes to show, rules are rules. But this time he opened up the conversation, I do feel like it's almost time to lock this one but I'm waiting for Gatsu to pop back in. Then I ban everyone on this thread, including myself!

ban is a harsh word... I would say you were given time out...

no one here is really arguing with gatsu about his pricing. Yes, some of us have mentioned it which should have been done via PM's but thats not really the issue here.

the main problem is gatsu's poor attitude and how he continues to be condecending towards us when we dont buy his items.

thats all.

Edited by Jeremy007

Isn't this round 3? If I were you Gatsu, I would seriously give Ebay a shot. I think you could get what you are asking from someone out there. I am not sure if there is a language barrier or not, but you do really come off as a condescending individual. I have seen the previous threads but did not reply (If I am correct). Here is my honest feedback:

In the previous threads you seemed to get really mad at people when they were asking questions.

I personally like the 1/48's , but have all of the ones that I need already as they are an old product line.

Most people are focused on 1/60's by Yamato and the Bandai 1/60 Frontier renewals at the moment.

It's really hard to value the Valk you are trying to sell, because it has a broken canopy and it has been panel lined and whatnot. In some peoples minds it may not have the stated value because of the broken canopy and the panel lines.

The way you are marketing it makes me feel as if you bought all the stuff for this customization, just to sell the stuff at a higher price because it is "Customized".

Really the best approach in my mind would have been to communicate on the boards with a more friendly demeanor and show us the rest of your customs (If you have any) in the "Building/Customizing Macross Models & Toys" section of the forum. Maybe after showing your work, and letting people know you are open to commission work some users may have tried to commission you for custom work. The best part about that is that you would not have had to spend any money on the valks or custom addon's like decals etc. All you would have to spend money on is the paint and tools needed for the jobs.

Honestly I don't even remember seeing you post anywhere else on MW but in the sale section for as long as I have been on the forum or even when I was a lurker. Which leads me to believe you are in it only for the money'z.

>EXO< if I did anything wrong in this post, could you just edit and not ban me please? This site is like my home inside my home :D

"A yo dog! I heard you like homes, so we built a home inside of your home so you can feel at home at home"

Edited by Loop

Guys, well said. I'm glad that there are guys here think the same way as me.

One advice, you need to take better picture or improve your skills because your so-called weathering doesn't look that great at all.

You think yours is the world greatest? Check this guy out: codyscoop.com

Reality is, a mad salesman with a bad attitude would never sell anything, let alone he doesn't even have an appealing product.

For the price your asking and reasons for selling, call it a day and slam it on Ebay.

Personally and this comes from a guy (Me) who is cleaning house in my own collection right now of items I nolonger want and am only keeping my very favorite Valks, this VF-1J you have would be a 100% on the NO SELL list.

i don't think any ban is warranted - gatsu asked a question and the good folks of mw chimed in with answers/suggestions...

Ok, now somebody please explain me a thing: i'm seing 1/48 valkyries being sold for more than mine, blank common valkyries.... in these days i saw a simple and used 1/48 vf-1j sold for 250 bucks, and the armor too for 150$!!! The total is about 430 $!! It's more than a year that i'm trying to sell a piece of art, where i put my blood, and NOBODY SEEMS INTERESTED ON IT.... Is there some kind of boicot that MW utents are doing against me for some reason that i don't know??? Any suggestion would be appreciated , thanks.

Ok, I'm here. About the fact that somebody said i'm here just for money because i don't write anything into the forum: i never saw the point of writing about 'what new valkyrie i would like to buy' or other nonsense discussions, i use MW site to look about news, pictures, etc. This is a forum of adult people (so it should be..) and not a children's club were people make their opinions on you depending on how much you write into the topics.

I did all my customs FOR MYSELF and decided later to sell them because i needed money and lost part of my interest. I never told my work was the best of the world (still i feel like i'm speaking to children) but i know that it s a good work and it doesn t deserve to be undervalued. Every MW customiser knows how to value it, i'd like to have an opinion by some of them, but, before making a price i asked a valutation by one of most skilled MW customiser and i based my valutation on his suggestions; for sure the customised valkyrie can't be sold to the same price than a mint one, more you should add the material costs and something for you work. So i don't think the price is excessive for valkyrie and armor toghether. Be aware that only the armor hasn't been wheatered with the airbrush, because the valkyrie is clearly weathered with the airbrush, obviusly not in the rough and heavy way that Yamato weathered ones; i posted high resolution pics, at least look good at them before opening your mouth..

Looking at what people like Kirik, Jeremy and others said, it s seems obvious that i was right: in fact people here doesn't seem to just value the object on sale and the price but ruminate about the user, to what he could have said in some older post, on how much he looks to be 'one of the tribe', how much they find him personally nice or not.

Again i believe these are childish behaviours and this forum seems to be some kind of children closed club were you are initially unpopular untill you succeed to be 'accepted' into the club from other spoiled children...

P.S. I used the only camera i have, and these were the best pictures i have been able to take. I'm not a photographer anyway.

Your really aren't helping your cause with these comments and you still don't get it. Customs are usually done based on commission but if its yours personally your perception of it might vary to others. And I don't know who or what customizer you asked to evaluate your work, but you definitely must have not shown the pictures and what is broken.

Yes I'm still a child at heart, but I wouldn't waste my time and money on your custom. Your attitude hasn't changed and I don't know what club your talking about, but I don't belong to any.

It's like an sales person trying to sell a car but over evaluating the MSRP and then not entice me.

Sorry sir but with all these comments you have, your seller reputation isn't going to help you and I would just tell everyone to stay away from your for sales thread.

Thats it. Ban me Exo

Edited by Kicker773

Your really aren't helping your cause with these comments and you still don't get it. Customs are usually done based on commission but if its yours personally your perception of it might vary to others. And I don't know who or what customized you asked to evaluate your work, but you definitely must have not shown the pictures and what is broken. Yes I'm still a child at heart, but I wouldn't waste my time and money on your custom. Your attitude hasn't changed and I don't know what club your talking about, but I don't belong to any. It's like an sales person trying to sell a car but over evaluating the MSRP and then not entice me. Sorry sir but with all these comments you have your seller reputation isn't going to help you and I would just tell everyone to stay away from your for sales thread. Thats it. Ban me Exo

Oh now we are bringing that "we are all adults" card as usual when someone wants to have the last word. Cracks me up.... actually, if we are really all adults, we wouldn't have been here, would we? As Kicker773 stated, we are all children in hearts.

Your really aren't helping your cause with these comments and you still don't get it. Customs are usually done based on commission but if its yours personally your perception of it might vary to others. And I don't know who or what customizer you asked to evaluate your work, but you definitely must have not shown the pictures and what is broken.

Yes I'm still a child at heart, but I wouldn't waste my time and money on your custom. Your attitude hasn't changed and I don't know what club your talking about, but I don't belong to any.

It's like an sales person trying to sell a car but over evaluating the MSRP and then not entice me.

Sorry sir but with all these comments you have, your seller reputation isn't going to help you and I would just tell everyone to stay away from your for sales thread.

Thats it. Ban me Exo

"Sorry sir but with all these comments you have, your seller reputation isn't going to help you and I would just tell everyone to stay away from your for sales thread." You continue to confirm what was my suspect. Don't you really have a better way to use your time than speak about me with other forum's members????

"And I don't know who or what customizer you asked to evaluate your work, but you definitely must have not shown the pictures and what is broken." Again, you don't know exactly what you re speaking about, but i said it up there that last year the cockpit was mint and the interest wasn't different than today, the valkyrie has been in the for sale and trade for a few monthes.

i don't want to mention the user i asked for an opinion on its value because i don't want to involve another person in this discussion.

Yes. You are right. Everyone is crazy and in a conspiracy. And they should have bought your custom by now.

Btw... You can't open anymore threads selling the same thing. That's considered spamming. It's a childish rule I know, but would we even need rules if we all just acted like adults?