1/48 boss pod....

mslz22

I've been spread between doing the 1/24 build up (should have an update this week), casting the other pods and working on this a bit, so thought it might be nice to share a bit of progress. Right now i have almost all the major parts at least "roughed in" with some detailing started on some of the parts. I still have the usual stuff to refine, scratches, small changes, more detailing etc. as well as some scratch work to do on various smaller parts. Main body thruster is a casting. I am hoping to have this done for display at WF contest tables, but not sure if that will happen. More as it comes. Soda can and drill for scale, this thing is HUGE!

thanks

mike

009-8.jpg

011-6.jpg

111.jpg

Edited by mslz22

I called my wife over and said "Honey, how cool is this guy? He can make the toys he always wanted." She laughed at me and patted me on the head... but I still think it's super cool.

Dude, I get the same thing from my wife, then I send her back to the kitchen to make me some pie.

Hey guys, little delayed after being home with a sick kid for a few days but back at it today, got the rotocaster spinning for the main body engine and main arm cannon, nice and light castings. Body detailing is done, need to mold that soon, handful of other molds are already done. Couple more weeks to go with my other work load but getting there...

Pardon the messy work bench, always gets the worst right before the end of a project.

thanks

mike

004-7.jpg