1/48 boss pod....

mslz22

Actually, I'm experimenting with a bit of both. Base colour, then lining and then tomorrow I'll go over with a weaker mix of the base coat, just to tone it down. I'll then finish off with weathering powders/pens.

As for the coolant, that leg's never been the same since Roy gave the poor pod a whack in the shins. :o

post-15195-0-13271700-1352971420_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-12179400-1352971453_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-52008800-1352971488_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-03451700-1352971525_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautilus

Praise from a variety of Caesars here... ;)

Thank you very much.

post-15195-0-02137200-1353204071_thumb.jpgpost-15195-0-04332400-1353204110_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-33411500-1353204137_thumb.jpgpost-15195-0-70391900-1353204165_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-84956600-1353204195_thumb.jpgpost-15195-0-28168600-1353204231_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-71735800-1353204262_thumb.jpg

Anyway, apart from adding Mars-like terrain, the job is done.

Tadda!

I'll just add one more thank you to Mike - Mr. Dream-maker hisself.

Edited by nautilus

The base is 60cm wide and 40cm deep. As you can see it is almost too small. In hindsight, 80x60 would have been better, and I might unscrew and remount in the winter.

And 80x80 could be modded into a Zentran symbol with enough room for pod and pilot, easily.

As for the arms, in the end it was a brazing rod down from the shoulder to gun for strength, and some wicked tough epoxy. Though I did screw the shoulders for that extra beefy goodness.

Great work, nautilus!

Mine arrived today. Just unboxing and leaving it at that is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE, I tell you. :lol:

Thanks Mike, awesome kit.

Amen, Brother.

This was supposed to have been my Winter project, but unboxing led to a photo. which led to an inspection, which led to a parts count, which led to a 'little' de-flashing, which led to general clean, which led to a single test fit, which led to a whole heap of stuff. :)

Like I said to Wasabi, I had meant it to be a Winter project, but when it arrived, it was so well cast, and so inspirational that I could not stop. Even Her Indoors did not object to the time being taken.

I've never had such a feeling of contentment with a model before - even with the errors I made in building it.

Truly, an inspirational model...

Now, if only you'd put your Regult back into production next Summer.... Or, even better a QR! Or a Or a Scout Pod. Or a Nousjadeul-Ger. Or, best of all a 1/48 Quelle-Quallie ROFL ;)

Edited by nautilus

...but when it arrived, it was so well cast, and so inspirational that I could not stop. Even Her Indoors did not object to the time being taken.

I've never had such a feeling of contentment with a model before - even with the errors

Truly, an inspirational model...

Now that's a greatest compliment a model kit designer could ever get.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy $hit man, that is truly epic. Awesome build. Do you have any of his 1/24 VF-1 Valks by any chance? I'm curious to see some builds of that.

Edited by peter

• 3 weeks later...
I'd have loved a 1/24 VF-1, but I'm a recent arrival here, and missed the boat on that.... :(/>

Ask him nicely to re-issue it......and ask for a Strike Package + weapons set :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The last 6 months has been tough on my time, my youngest daughter started preschool but that yielded me less time than i had before somehow. The summer may not be much better with 2 kids at home for much of the summer. Fall things get better, younger one starts "real" preschool and will have 3 6hr days to work on stuff, that of course includes casting projects for other people which funds a lot of other stuff.

I need to prioritize these, and some will not make it at all and some will be years away, but here is the wish list...

1/10-1/12 inbit shocktrooper

1/48 TV Q rau

1/24 Fastpack armour and mislepack

1/72 monster

TV Sdf-1, very big hopefully at some point.

1/48 destroids if no one else winds up picking them up.

Keep in mind i have some BSG and SW stuff in development too, and i am always switching back and forth between scratchbuilds, casting and build/paints for people so nothing gets done as quickly as i want....

Feel free to give your input and help me get focused on one of these....

mike

The last 6 months has been tough on my time, my youngest daughter started preschool but that yielded me less time than i had before somehow. The summer may not be much better with 2 kids at home for much of the summer. Fall things get better, younger one starts "real" preschool and will have 3 6hr days to work on stuff, that of course includes casting projects for other people which funds a lot of other stuff.

I need to prioritize these, and some will not make it at all and some will be years away, but here is the wish list...

1/10-1/12 inbit shocktrooper

1/48 TV Q rau

1/24 Fastpack armour and mislepack

1/72 monster

TV Sdf-1, very big hopefully at some point.

1/48 destroids if no one else winds up picking them up.

Keep in mind i have some BSG and SW stuff in development too, and i am always switching back and forth between scratchbuilds, casting and build/paints for people so nothing gets done as quickly as i want....

Feel free to give your input and help me get focused on one of these....

mike

Dont know how much help I can be because I'd buy all the 1/48 offerings and especially that 1/10 inbit. Hmmm I guess my vote would go to the 1/10 inbit first since there is nothing like it available any where, and your 1/32 version looked amazing.

Edit: I'd be all over that tv SDF-1 as well

Edited by Smut Peddler

Quick calculation would put the 1/10-1/12 scale inbit at 20 inches tall........that may be something i need to see happen...

Dont know how much help I can be because I'd buy all the 1/48 offerings and especially that 1/10 inbit. Hmmm I guess my vote would go to the 1/10 inbit first since there is nothing like it available any where, and your 1/32 version looked amazing.

Edit: I'd be all over that tv SDF-1 as well