Max & Millia VF-1J

3D-Brainx

Epic Man!!

I am truly a fan of your work.

I've seen several of your projects on a couple of CG Art sites.

I am particularly fond of your cockpit view render, that is truly amazing!

I am glad you found your way here, where your art will find great appreciaton... B))

Edited by Zinjo

ok.... guess im gonna enjoy three erections today....

Very impressive work... Now to nitpick (hehe) usually the sensor-thingie thats under the forarm assembly is a single lense (assuming that its not a venier port). Also because the forward Engine Module of the FF-2001 starts within the upper thigh of the engine nacelle, you should only see the air ducting with shadows at the bottom pivot...

(After glancing with more detail at the Fighter Break, can i suggest that you: play with the position of the flight surfaces, as well as the Engine Exhaust Cans (since they provide direction input as well). do that, and you got your art to Epic Levels, sir... as it stands, they are almost there, as is...)

but im still enjoying the mechaerection that your art causes... please, do more? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

damn... i looked at the close-ups... that INSANE batsh*t detailed... Gentlemen i think these pics ARE Epic (just barely)... anyone see the SDF poster in the background?

Edited by TehPW

Wow, what an entrance! I'm just going to mirror the replies here and say this is incredible work. i particularly enjoy the very high resolution of these pictures. Perfect for resizing the images to fit. Your work does feel familiar, possibly I've seen it on DeviantArt? Well, welcome to the boards and please post more.

Hello all! Thanks for the comments!

Great. Just great. What software are you using? And what's the poly count on those Valks? And how long did it take you to make those wonderful beauties?

I used 3dsmax 2011 and rendered with vray. PS for some minor post work. Each model has about 1.5 million polys and some 30 4000 pixels textures (incluiding bumps, speculars, masks, etc). It took quite some time to finish this, since I started with the city scene first and I did this only on my free time. The complete project took me almost 2 years, but the valks themselves..., I would say about a month.

Wow, what an entrance! I'm just going to mirror the replies here and say this is incredible work. i particularly enjoy the very high resolution of these pictures. Perfect for resizing the images to fit. Your work does feel familiar, possibly I've seen it on DeviantArt? Well, welcome to the boards and please post more.

Yeap. I posted this on DeviantArt as well.

Great work, love me some Max, and Milia ain't bad either. Just one question, aren't Max and Milia's modex numbers 202 and 303 respectively?

Yes! haha. You got me! I reused the texture and forgot to change that. There is also a discrepancy with the cockpit, since they are the DYRL design, but the VFs have the Macross color scheme.

Here are a few more images:

vf1jcitynosmokelow.jpg

macrosstheteam.jpg

vf1jinterior03.jpg

vf1jseat01.jpg

vf1jseat02.jpg

I do consider this project done, so though I really appreciate the comments on changes and I take note of them for future project, I don't think I'll change these images, it's been too long and I want to move on haha.

Right now I'm starting with my next Macross project, the YF-19 and the YF-21 from Macross Plus. Wish me luck. Ill post some progress once I have something with shape.

the art reminds me of that Pazzy-ik polish guy that did several Battletech/Mechwarrior4 theme pics (especially ones with the clan Cougar or Shadowcat) about a decade ago...

Hello all! Thanks for the comments!

I used 3dsmax 2011 and rendered with vray. PS for some minor post work. Each model has about 1.5 million polys and some 30 4000 pixels textures (incluiding bumps, speculars, masks, etc). It took quite some time to finish this, since I started with the city scene first and I did this only on my free time. The complete project took me almost 2 years, but the valks themselves..., I would say about a month.

Yeap. I posted this on DeviantArt as well.

Yes! haha. You got me! I reused the texture and forgot to change that. There is also a discrepancy with the cockpit, since they are the DYRL design, but the VFs have the Macross color scheme.

Here are a few more images:

I do consider this project done, so though I really appreciate the comments on changes and I take note of them for future project, I don't think I'll change these images, it's been too long and I want to move on haha.

Right now I'm starting with my next Macross project, the YF-19 and the YF-21 from Macross Plus. Wish me luck. Ill post some progress once I have something with shape.

Man these are awesome! I was just thinking how I'd like to see a coloured and textured version of the cockpit that's up on your site. I'm currently using the Max & Millia as my wallpaper. Can't wait to see what you do with the 19 and 21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks all for the comments!

Really beautiful detailing. How are these puppies rigged?

They are not. Parts are simply linked one to the other, with a proper pivot position. As I never planed an animation I just didn't care much about it.

Thanks again guys, I'll have something of the 21 to show in some time.

• 2 months later...

Just stopped by at this brilliant thread to have a gander again. I'm currently using these are reference for a physical modeling project I'm working on.

Looking forwards to your VF-21 & 19...

Oh and by the way, is the setup in the last piece from inspired by Half-Life 2? The architecture and general layout look very familiar of a set-piece where you confront a couple of tripod walkers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thanks!

I remember that set, but no. I used real photos es reference and just placed the buildings where I needed them. It might look like that set, but is pure coincidence.

Here are some images I used:

post-14893-0-29238800-1343162552_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-71199600-1343162557_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-25043400-1343162574_thumb.jpg

post-14893-0-21439400-1343162578_thumb.jpg

I'm sad to say that my YF-21 is coming out very slowly. But I'll try to post something as soon as I can.

• 3 weeks later...