HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Unfortunately, I think what I want won't be available anymore.......or hasn't been available for a while now.........the CF SV-51 alpha.

Chris

I had the hardest time 2 years ago finding a CF SV-51 alpha. I got a good deal too when I found it fortunately, even though it was gone everywhere.

Where did you end up getting yours? Ebay, a seller here or something? Best price i can find, atm, is about $265 shipped.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Glad to read everything has been resolved satisfactorily, if a bit delayed; it's heartening to know that HLJ's customer support is on the ball. I just got a shipping payment request from HLJ myself, paid it, and now the waiting for the shipping notification email begins...

My order with the VF-17S and another 1A made it through last Friday without a hitch, but I did get a call from FedEx asking about the two freebies that didn't have a declaration of price on them. We'll have to feedback to HLJ that the next time they do freebies like that they need to report something so people don't get hassled at the least or have their packages stopped at customs at the worst.

... We'll have to feedback to HLJ that the next time they do freebies like that they need to report something so people don't get hassled at the least or have their packages stopped at customs at the worst.

Good idea.

As I have not received a shipping notfication from HLJ yet, I went ahead and emailed them requesting that the include a nominal declared value for any free promo item included in the shipping box they send via FedEx.

Now to see if they follow through or not, or if it makes any difference.

Just got two of the Angelbird kits yesterday, and a small, complimentary brown bag of some sort of rice puff snacks. We can't translate what it is, but the logo says BEFCO, and it smells like soy sauce. Happy anniversary! Anyone else get something similar?

It,s confussing to, with their updated site, when I finally got to 1/60 macross it had like 2-3 figs available that where discontinued?

Maybe I,m doing something wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahh, got it then, that makes sense. I checked all the Yamato items and everything was pretty much back up to normal prices, though a lot of items seem to be permanently marked at 10% off.

The GNU figures are still 80% off though, which really is a nice price for those. I picked up a YF-19/YF-21 pair, and while I'm a little disappointed they don't have thigh swivels, and like to pop apart easily, they look pretty awesome guarding my entertainment system. I think I would have felt really ripped off at full price, but $8 a pop feels just right. :)

Ahh, got it then, that makes sense. I checked all the Yamato items and everything was pretty much back up to normal prices, though a lot of items seem to be permanently marked at 10% off.

The GNU figures are still 80% off though, which really is a nice price for those. I picked up a YF-19/YF-21 pair, and while I'm a little disappointed they don't have thigh swivels, and like to pop apart easily, they look pretty awesome guarding my entertainment system. I think I would have felt really ripped off at full price, but $8 a pop feels just right. :)

I got mine a few years back @ 11 bucks and could not resist the price. MSRP on them seems ridiculous, but at the low price they are now it's worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

So when I got today's email advertising their latest sale, I figured it'd be an easy pass since I already have the Yamato items they usually put on sale. Then I saw the VF-1J GN-U for about $10 before shipping...Is it worth getting? I already have the 19's, 21, and 11's including the variants but no 1 yet.

Crap! I surrender to temptation. Getting Max %55 off and Kakizaki 50% off. And since tomorrow is my 29th birthday I think that's a nice gift from my self :p

Edited by Froy

I caved and got a TV Max. Almost got a DYRL Hikaru 1A, but it's a version 1 hip and it'll be on sale again. The VF-11 is tempting, but does one really need a forth 'B?

I'm dying to get my hands on an 11C but everytime I see one it's never the Skull Leader variant. ::nudge nudge, wink wink::

Yeah I had to finally pick up Gamlins vf-22 and the sound booster armor.

I'm considering it too. Gamlin is the character I most identify with throughout all the saga but I only dig the 22 in fighter mode and the 17 Gamlin's head looks stupid in my opinion. I just got the Alto renewal this week (it got me pregnant on the first date... It's that hot). Tel us if the 22 is worth it. It's not that pricey.