HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

The weekend happened (probably server maintenance or something). I just ordered the 19S myself and didn't get an email confirmation yet. I'm gonna give them about 4 or 5 hours to get into work over there and then check back.

I am wondering if anyone ever tried adding to an order already placed before on HLJ? I placed a order yesterday and like a lot of others still have not received any type of order email confirmation, but I wanted to add to my order. I would hate to create a new order and have 2 shipping charges...

I think if you place two orders back to back, they might get combined for shipping. I'm pretty sure I've done that before. As long as you get the orders both in before they go to processing, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

Edit: As of 5pm, my order got updated, so they're back working.

Edited by Chronocidal

Damn, don't have most of the items on sale, meaning tons of stuff to choose from, can't decide which to take. Luckily out of the 6 items i ordered just last week, only 2 came out at a better price on sale at HLJ (Namely VF22 Gamlin & Miria, got them ordered at amiami). Other 4 ordered was the SDF-1 (20,0000 yen), VF19 Fire Valk (14,000 yen), VF17S (17,000 yen) and the Macross Quarter (9,000 yen), in case anyone's wondering, i got them from Mandarake :p

So current owned yamato valks count: 8

1. VF-1D Virgin Road

2. VT-1 Ostrich

3. VF19 Kai

4. SDF-1

5. VF17S

6. VF22 Gamlin

7. VF22 Milia

8. Queadluun Max

9. VF-1D 30th Anni (Sold out everywhere when i started collecting, got it expensive on ebay at $240 :( )

Confirm getting from HLJ:

1. VF22 Max

2. VF19S

3. VF19 Kai Sound Booster

4. VF11-B

5. VF1A Max DYRL

Thinking of getting:

1. VF1S Roy Focker (TV)

2. VF1J Hikaru (TV)

3. VF1A Mass Production (TV)

4. VF1A Max (TV)

5. VF1A Kakizaki (TV)

6. VF1A Kakizaki DYRL

7. VF1A Hikaru DRYL

Hmm thinkin real hard not to splurge on the 7, but the price very tempting!!!!!

Edited by shawnlee1981

I think if you place two orders back to back, they might get combined for shipping. I'm pretty sure I've done that before. As long as you get the orders both in before they go to processing, I don't see why they wouldn't do it.

Edit: As of 5pm, my order got updated, so they're back working.

Thanks, I was able to add a couple other things to my order.

I ordered the VF-19 Kai. I needed to have one after seeing so many good pictures of it in the macross collection display thread. The bright red color makes it stand out so much.

I almost pulled the trigger on a VF-17s, but will hold out for a bigger discount.

Edited by Dutch

Is the hikaru vf-1a in the sale safe?

Doubt it, old v2 version, I picked one up during a previous sale. But I got the replacement shoulder hinges here, so no fear! =)

Yeah, the last sale I bit on it as my first premium Valk and it did arrive with one shoulder cracked. Holding tight with super glue, and with the new replacement hinges available it doesn't seem like that big a risk anymore, but definitely something to keep in mind.

Oh now this is amusing. So.. you know those freebie materials about the Macross Quarter they're including with some orders? Apparently, every Macross item from the sale at HLJ qualifies to get you those sketches or whatever they are.

Well, I ordered 9 items from the sale. Guess how many copies of the Quarter concept art I'm getting. :lol:

Oh now this is amusing. So.. you know those freebie materials about the Macross Quarter they're including with some orders? Apparently, every Macross item from the sale at HLJ qualifies to get you those sketches or whatever they are.

Well, I ordered 9 items from the sale. Guess how many copies of the Quarter concept art I'm getting. :lol:

I was wondering what they were. I checked this morning on my order and though wtf I got billed for more crap I did not order, then I noticed the charge was $0.00

I almost wish that I did not hesitate though when I was thinking about ordering dupes. I would have gotten another VF-11B, but then I though I did not need another LOL.

Edited by Loop

Used the sale to get a Master Grade 1/60 Gundam Mk II. Yeah, not Macross, but I shold be getting some Macross art with it. We'll see. I've been wanting one of these for awhile. It's also in scale with the Yamatos, so it should be a good comparison.

The GNU's are awesome little fillers and thats super cheap. I think I paid $100 for the three with the extra add on weathered parts. For the shirts do you have to order up a size or 2 to fit our american bodies?

No, for shirts you don't need to order up a size or 2. I made that mistake once and I got a shirt that was a little too big. Most people (men) in Japan are pretty tall, and its a common misconception that they are all small. I just visited Japan and most of the men that I saw were between 5'9 - 6'2.