HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

I just got my VF-11B from this sale - question to those experts here. How in the heck do you get the bottom portion (smaller) of the heat shield to stay up or lock into the upper portion of the heat shield when in the Battroid mode? It keeps falling back down into the nose cone - is there something I'm missing?

Also, the cockpit escape module seems really loose, it doesn't fall out per se, but it does move around as I do barrel rolls!

Edited by wm cheng

I should really just edit these all together with writen instructions whenever this question comes up, shouldn't I? oh well, I'm too lazy to do it:

so yeah, just pull the cockpit pod all the way out, then pull the lower heat shield up until you hear/feel a faint click.

IMG_0470.jpg

Now, before you put the cockpit back in, make sure the grey slider that props it up is in the up position (slid all the way back)

IMG_0464.jpg

now just slide the cockpit in fallowing the arrows

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

then just move the grey slider forward

IMG_0475.jpg

and push the cockpit all the way down

IMG_0476.jpg

and there you have it

IMG_0477.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

I just got my VF-11B from this sale - question to those experts here. How in the heck do you get the bottom portion (smaller) of the heat shield to stay up or lock into the upper portion of the heat shield when in the Battroid mode? It keeps falling back down into the nose cone - is there something I'm missing?

Also, the cockpit escape module seems really loose, it doesn't fall out per se, but it does move around as I do barrel rolls!

watch youtube vids. Loads of people seem to have this problem at first.

For the looseness of the escape module, just put a little bit of blutack (gummy sticky material used to hold up posters) on the bottom somewhere so you don't lose it.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

AH! I didn't know there is a faint click or detent position to the forward heat shield - that must be it! Thanks so much - I really appreciate the pictures - I can't wait to get home from work now to try this.

BTW - I love this Valk!! - now I know why its usually more expensive than the rest (but getting it on this sale is sweet!) Is there a super-thread dedicated to the VF-11B (I tried the search and didn't come up with anything) My only criticism is that the overall fuselage grey is a little on the dark side and should contrast more with the fast packs.

Thanks everyone, what a great community ;-)

Edited by wm cheng

AH! I didn't know there is a faint click or detent position to the forward heat shield - that must be it! Thanks so much - I really appreciate the pictures - I can't wait to get home from work now to try this.

BTW - I love this Valk!! - now I know why its usually more expensive than the rest (but getting it on this sale is sweet!) Is there a super-thread dedicated to the VF-11B (I tried the search and didn't come up with anything) My only criticism is that the overall fuselage grey is a little on the dark side and should contrast more with the fast packs.

Thanks everyone, what a great community ;-)

There was an "How do you like your 11C (and B)" thread floating around for quite awhile not too long ago.

I should really just edit these all together with writen instructions whenever this question comes up, shouldn't I? oh well, I'm too lazy to do it:

so yeah, just pull the cockpit pod all the way out, then pull the lower heat shield up until you hear/feel a faint click.

IMG_0470.jpg

Now, before you put the cockpit back in, make sure the grey slider that props it up is in the up position (slid all the way back)

IMG_0464.jpg

now just slide the cockpit in fallowing the arrows

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

then just move the grey slider forward

IMG_0475.jpg

and push the cockpit all the way down

IMG_0476.jpg

and there you have it

IMG_0477.jpg

This makes things easier, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I hope there are some interesting sales coming up for the folks here.

Here is something i saw that some of us old timer collectors might be interested in...

1 100 factory

pre order for July release of course.

Blue :)

Edited by Iceblue106

• 3 weeks later...

No worries man, you will not be disappoint.

And when you have the spare cash (shameless self-promotion here), may I suggest some wing attachment clip-ons and some HMMs to complete you VF-11?

http://www.shapeways.com/model/599630/relampago-wing-adapters-x2.html

http://www.shapeways.com/model/606932/relampago-missile-amp-pylon-x4.html

http://www.shapeways.com/model/599620/relampago-shield-adapters-x3-types.html

Just waiting on my shipment - which should arrive in the next few day - and I'll make them live and for sale one I inspect them in person.

Holy crap, the GNUs are 80% off?? They're about $8 a piece. :blink: I don't normally have a thing for figures, but I can't pass on that.

And, I spent like $500 again. Oy. I wasn't going to get a VF-17S unless it was Millia's, but oh well.. told myself I'd wait for a sale if I ever did get one, and Millia's isn't a sure thing. Got that, two VF-1J kits, a GNU YF-19 and YF-21, two more 1/100 VF-25s, and a pair of 1/48 YF-19 kits. This is going to be an expensive summer. :p

Oh Lord! I don't think I can pass up the deal on the VF-19S and I just bought the 17S recently (and am kicking myself cause I thought $283 shipped was a great deal). But someone tell me if I should get the 1/60 Sound Booster too?