HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Man I wish I would have known about this sale. HLJ has all the VF-22s from M7 for only 8400 Yen each. The problem is that if I buy them I will need to get all the M7 yamator models which means more coinage. I live in japan and just picked up a VF-0S and VF-0A for 8400 Yen each at a Mandarake store brand new! Now all I need are the ghost bosters and at 2800 Yen each that is pretty tempting. I also wanted to ask that I have been finding a few Yamato items for about 6000-9000 Yen at these stores and was wondering if a VF-1A (blue)and V1-T (trainier) for 5000 Yen each is a good price???

Any VF-1 for 5000 yen sounds very nice actually (especially the VT-1 since it includes the booster packs), that's about what the discounted HLJ VF-1s are at, roughly half of retail price. Only issue to be aware of is that at least some of the VT-1 releases used the bad shoulder joint design from the first run, and might need to be replaced at some point.

But really, if you're living in Japan, that shouldn't be any issue at all, since you can order replacements directly. :)

Man I wish I would have known about this sale. HLJ has all the VF-22s from M7 for only 8400 Yen each. The problem is that if I buy them I will need to get all the M7 yamator models which means more coinage. I live in japan and just picked up a VF-0S and VF-0A for 8400 Yen each at a Mandarake store brand new! Now all I need are the ghost bosters and at 2800 Yen each that is pretty tempting. I also wanted to ask that I have been finding a few Yamato items for about 6000-9000 Yen at these stores and was wondering if a VF-1A (blue)and V1-T (trainier) for 5000 Yen each is a good price???

5,000 yen sounds a lot like V.1; in which case I wouldn't pay that much for it.

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-188173.html

It did not have the boosters and it was not on their website. I am heading down their today to check it out though. Sometimes their website is not the most up todate.

You won't regret it :)

I did not have the fast packs. I am going down today since their website is not the most up to date.

I picked up the 30th Anniversary VF-1D w/ option parts, and noticed the GU-11 won't stick to the arm in battroid mode. I might have to put a spot of hotmelt on it. It's being displayed with the head forward (sort of) and Hikaru sitting in the lower seat in the up position. My other one works fine, and I've switched gunpods. Anyone else have this issue?

Discussing it, we might make some decals to simulate the bullet holes like in the episode.

Just a question related to the VF-1A Cannon Fodder here. Did it ever have a TV and Movie version, or was there only one version of it released?

Just wanna confirm which version is it just so I don't buy the wrong FP set for it.

It's the TV version only (TV pilot, rounded hands), so you should try to have the TV super parts if you really want to stay consistent.

I just received a couple of these and I love them, it's the older issue though with the rainbow canopy and old crotch.

edit : I should just clarify that I didn't get mine from the HLJ sale, I think HLJ has now only the new ones with the clear canopy and new croth mecanism.

Edited by Frogze

You know, I don't think the cannon fodders from DYRL and SDFM were really that different. Probably the biggest thing is the pilot, which is easily replaced, and not using the TV style hands. I could be wrong though, I'm not sure if they had the exact same paint scheme.

I don't think the TV packs sold well, because when they were in stock, they seemed to be constantly on sale. I picked up a single set, but I think people just prefer the DYRL packs with the strike cannon.

I picked up the 30th Anniversary VF-1D w/ option parts, and noticed the GU-11 won't stick to the arm in battroid mode. I might have to put a spot of hotmelt on it. It's being displayed with the head forward (sort of) and Hikaru sitting in the lower seat in the up position. My other one works fine, and I've switched gunpods. Anyone else have this issue?

Discussing it, we might make some decals to simulate the bullet holes like in the episode.

Yar, my gunpod on the 1D isn't toight like on my other VF-1's. Also, the orange plastic on the chest is a slightly different colour to the other orange parts - I guess from being cast in orange as opposed to painted on. It looks nearly transparent in some areas...

Also some of the tan areas have this inconsistant colour match problem - also the clip that hooks the back pack to the back in battroid it slightly skewed/crooked in fighter mode... oh well - still looks delicious.

One other thing is - that the head lasers and general shape of the head isn't accurate to the show - not as 'bubbly', i guess shapeways will fix that.

@kurisama: I noticed the translucent orange at the top of the chestplate last night as it was sitting in front of my table lamp. I'd like to cast a 1:60 Minmay and change her pose, so she could be in the hand as Hikaru is picking her up, since the first one is in GERWALK (sorry Mr. March) on the shelf. Did they ever come with the GU-11 strap/sling?

Has anyone ordered the 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru that is currently on sale at HLJ? If so, is it the version with problem shoulders or is it a corrected shoulder version???

Thanks!

:)

IIRC, the releases with prod code ending -100 and up are supposed to have remedied this?

And.........the sale has ended. I hope that we see more stuff in the next one, as well as a much better dollar to yen rate. I remember my first Macross purchase was a VF-1A max super set for 10,000 yen during one of those sales, and I only paid around $110 or so for it.....miss those days

I think you better check it out with them. Mine took slightly less than 2 weeks.

I'd done many transactions with HLJ..and so far they never disappoint me:) Hope this time as usual as expected.

We've been doing business with HLJ since 2004, shipping everything EMS, usually getting the package in 4-5 days, and have NOT had a single problem with them, outside of sending two boxes when multiple items were shown as In-Stock, but that's rare...maybe five times, max. When we do have a question, they usually reply within 24 hrs.

We've been doing business with HLJ since 2004, shipping everything EMS, usually getting the package in 4-5 days, and have NOT had a single problem with them, outside of sending two boxes when multiple items were shown as In-Stock, but that's rare...maybe five times, max. When we do have a question, they usually reply within 24 hrs.

Yes, I agree with you at this point. I never doubt on their services and all those goodies which I received are in perfect condition, quite satisfying! But so far I haven't make any complaint against them and hopefully never have to do it:)