HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Yep, the Angel Bird, another in a line of Valks (1/60 v2) I wish I hadn't passed on at the time.

Too bad there isn't anything much out that I'm interested in buying or else I'd love to take advantage of this latest HLJ sale.

Oh well...

-b.

I don't think the 1/60v2 angel bird was ever sold at retail. IIRC, it was a magazine exclusive. now the 1/48 version was a regular release that saw slash and burn clearance prices, but it also had an inferior paint job to the 1/60 version.

I don't think the 1/60v2 angel bird was ever sold at retail. IIRC, it was a magazine exclusive. now the 1/48 version was a regular release that saw slash and burn clearance prices, but it also had an inferior paint job to the 1/60 version.

Yep, and I still regret passing on it during one of the old-time group buys.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't think the 1/60v2 angel bird was ever sold at retail. IIRC, it was a magazine exclusive.

it was sold at retail as well as the vf-x: the retail version didn't come with the clear fan racer

how do i know? my avatar is one of the two vf-x's i brought from bbts. and i passed on the 1.60 angelbirds they were up for so long and went on clearance. partly bc bbts hid the yamato valks very well it was hard to find.

links:

http://www.angolz.com/store/1-60-vf-1a-angel-birds-limited-edition.html

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00212/Act

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=YAM10554&mode=retail

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6968-vf-1a-angel-birds-1-60.html

It's been awhile but I always thought the VF-X was originally sold as a mail away through Macross Chronicle? It's just that it never sold very well that way so Yamato released remaining stock to HLJ and it eventually found it's way to BBTS (which is also where I got mine).

Guest davidwhangchoi

It's been awhile but I always thought the VF-X was originally sold as a mail away through Macross Chronicle? It's just that it never sold very well that way so Yamato released remaining stock to HLJ and it eventually found it's way to BBTS (which is also where I got mine).

it was first an exclusive to the magazine but was later release to more than just hlj. as yamato had distributors in china as well:

vf-x: retailers

http://www.angolz.com/store/1-60-vf-x-limited-edition.html

http://www.hkcollectibles.com/macross-robotech/6969-macross-zero-vf-x-prototype-1-60.html

http://www.hlj.com/product/ymt00213/Act

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=YAM10555&mode=retail

but usually hlj got most the web shop stuff from yamato like the weathered 1.60 roy and weathered strike packs, hyper hobby's 1/60 vf-1j hikaru weathered etc.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

^Well... at this late in the game, most of the really good deals have already been snapped up. I guess it's still possible to pick up the Arcadia VF-1J 30th Anniversary version, because that price is really good. I would pick up one to replace my current one with a broken tab, but I doubt I can afford the space. Plus I've already spent too much this month.

Some of the Robot Damashiis are really cheap, as are the Riobots that were on offer.

^Well... at this late in the game, most of the really good deals have already been snapped up. I guess it's still possible to pick up the Arcadia VF-1J 30th Anniversary version, because that price is really good. I would pick up one to replace my current one with a broken tab, but I doubt I can afford the space. Plus I've already spent too much this month.

Some of the Robot Damashiis are really cheap, as are the Riobots that were on offer.

Already went through it when it first come out. :X

HI all,

Would anyone know how log HLJ keeps product under a pre-order?

I'm not sure what you're asking.

HLJ lists products for preorder upon, or shortly after, official announcement by the manufacturer or distributor, and they remain open to preorders until their allotted quatities are sold (this could take less than a minute -- Frontier DX Chogokins, or several weeks or more... even up to release); and once released, the products are no longer listed as preorder but as in-stock, sold-out, backordered, or discontinued... pretty much like any other e-tailer.

HI all,

I was curious if anyone knew the length of time for a pre order? I mean some sites may only offer this shorter than others, since there is usually a discount with a pre order. Say the pre order starts June 19 2014, and it has a November release, how long would HLJ keep it under a pre order.

Now that that is hopefully more explained, you did infact tell me something I wasn't considering, and that was it could be a pre order up until it is released, thanx!

Ear-ick

HI all,

I was curious if anyone knew the length of time for a pre order? I mean some sites may only offer this shorter than others, since there is usually a discount with a pre order. Say the pre order starts June 19 2014, and it has a November release, how long would HLJ keep it under a pre order.

Now that that is hopefully more explained, you did infact tell me something I wasn't considering, and that was it could be a pre order up until it is released, thanx!

Ear-ick

they will keep it open as long as they have alloted slots from the manufacturer. to simply put, it depends on the product. Model kits for most of the times are open for PO until release date. Collectors items or collectors toys such as DX chogokin usually never last an hour (for some instances, 5 mins max)

HLJ always offer discount either be Preorder or upon release, as long as they have stocks/provisions.

I do a lot of preorders, got one item right now where Hobby Search got the preorder up but waiting on HLJ.

Shops will ask the supplier for x amount of kits and when they got the orders for those they will put an Order Stop on preorders. Preorders can open again if extra stock can be secured.

Forgot one thing the stock indicators on HLJ are real time, often saw the stock indicator in my PW move to 'out of stock' or 'discontinued' in those cases the items were soon added to my PW.

Edited by CrazyDude

• 1 year later...

Pretty much HLJ re-adjusted the way they gave out the discount last year to be base on payment charging. Since preorders were not charged they won't have any discount. But in a positive way, for preorders that were released at the time of their sale got automatic discounts when you received payment request.

wonder if the vf-0A will go on sale. i know about the issues but if the price is right...then again part of me wants to just focus on sdfm and dyrl...as far as macross.

Personally I Still wouldn't buy it knowing it had an issue until and unless you're a die hard macross zero fan which I'm not. The story somehow didn't appeal to me compared to robotech/macross.

Edited by monishb

Really highly doubt they'll put the 0A on good discount if they do a Thanksgiving Sale.

Also, there's really nothing Macross-related there that's worth it. Maybe some remaining SDF-1 Hase kits, but that's about it.

The HM-R's are out of stock, the 0D and other Arcadia valks are out of stock. The DX-Chogokins are out of stock.

Seems like it's only the ancient 1/100 and 1/72 Frontier Bandai kits are left.

What else would you think they'll offer?

Did HLJ suddenly increased the price on the PO's for VF-0S? Now it's Y34800. But on my open order list it says Y33060. My VF-2SS PO is still the same as what HLJ listed at Y22320. Anyone who has the VF-0S PO have the same amount as I have? Is it because of the upcoming Black Friday sale?

Did HLJ suddenly increased the price on the PO's for VF-0S? Now it's Y34800. But on my open order list it says Y33060. My VF-2SS PO is still the same as what HLJ listed at Y22320. Anyone who has the VF-0S PO have the same amount as I have? Is it because of the upcoming Black Friday sale?

They removed the pre-order discount. That usually happens when they've stopped taking pre-orders and the page goes to 'order stop'. I wonder if it's an error.

yup, same amount as you, maybe their sale will stretch to December that's why they removed the preorder discount ahead of time. I wonder if we will also get a extra discount if the VF-0s comes in before the sale is over.

I am wondering if HLJ removed the pre-order price because they usually run a Black Friday deal on most their inventory. I remember a few years back I picked up an Arcadia Fire valk with sound booster on Black Friday. Yet, black Friday deals are probably only for in stock items and not pre-order items. VF-0A maybe???