HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

I'll bet they screwed up and posted the sale prices a little early. I also took advantage of the sale but you're right, it's over now. I'm guessing they'll announce a Macross sale again soon and those prices will return.

Either that, or the scalpers clean stock again.

I had the movie-1A in the cart, but changed my mind since it really wasn't much of discount anyway even with the 20% shipping thingy (total is $100 with ems). Considering this time of the year, that is.

Woo, got my second VF-19F, so Emerald Force is complete. :)

Also, I finally just decided to get a second Fire Valk with the sound booster. I'm not much for battroid displays, but if anything warrants having a second one to display that way, that's probably it. I just love that VF-19 mold so much, even in crazy colors.

While I would like a -19F to tide me over until I can get a YF-19 v3, I still passed this time. I think I need it to be down to like $125 or something... (or a better paint scheme---the white stripes are better than the -19S's, but I still just don't like the deep blue that much)

(Of course, what I *really* want is a VFX-scheme VF-11--or Milia's)

Placed an order for the VF-19F and a VF-1A cuz it was pretty cheap..

Weighing my options if I should pick up the VF-19 custom with sound booster, and the Chogokin Macross quarter.. are these worth the money? Cuz if i ship these 3 together, I'm looking to pay more for tax :(/>

Might just warehouse these in the end instead, since it seems the 20% discount is only applicable once per account

Edit: Not a big fan of Macross 7 to be honest, but it's the next best thing to a YF-19 for now (until they make a v3).. and affordable too

Edit 2: Arrggh.. after thinking again about it, I decided to cancel the order. The VF-19F looks really sleek, but his price point is way too high for now. I'd save the money for when they make a YF-19 v3 or something instead. I however am seriously considering the VF-19 custom with a sound booster.

Edited by SaitouSad

Placed the order yesterday at 6:30ish est which would be around 8:30amish JST. Haven't received my payment request yet. Just a little gun shy after the YF-29 fiasco. HLJ seems to be a bit slower lately, with processing orders.

Chris

Edit: especially since it is now back-ordered

Edited by Dobber

What should I get? VF-19 Kai is the iconic valk of Mac 7 but the 19S has a kickass look. I would get both of them but have the VF-4 coming too.

I never thought I would like the Kai but I broke down one day and bought it. Now I think it looks pretty good in the case. That is a very hard decision though.

I just sent everything to my warehouse for now, since I'll wait for the VF-4 to be ready to go before I ship... and wait til I'm back from vacation, and can actually pick up my mail. :lol:

This is going to be a really interesting Christmas this year... I keep forgetting what else I have on preorder that will all arrive close together.. Super VF-17D, VF-19P, VF-171 super packs, VF-4.. now another Fire Valk to use with the sound booster, and another VF-19F... Maybe I really should cancel something until later on.. :huh: I mean, the VF-19P and VF-17D are preordered from AmiAmi, and will probably wind up on discount this coming year.. so hm.

Edited by Chronocidal

I just sent everything to my warehouse for now, since I'll wait for the VF-4 to be ready to go before I ship... and wait til I'm back from vacation, and can actually pick up my mail. :lol:

This is going to be a really interesting Christmas this year... I keep forgetting what else I have on preorder that will all arrive close together.. Super VF-17D, VF-19P, VF-171 super packs, VF-4.. now another Fire Valk to use with the sound booster, and another VF-19F... Maybe I really should cancel something until later on.. :huh: I mean, the VF-19P and VF-17D are preordered from AmiAmi, and will probably wind up on discount this coming year.. so hm.

I was thinking about that too for the VF-4, but the 20% shipping discount is only offered until Dec 19.

Argh. I kept putting that 19F in my cart and then stopping myself from going through with the purchase last night and several times yesterday morning. With the super expensive VF-4, 171 armor pack, and buying gifts for people, I had to tell myself it wasn't a good idea. I am also tempted to get one of the unassembled VF-1 kits because I want to make a "Macross The First" paint schemed valk.

You got to be frakking kidding me

http://www.hlj.com/product/ymt00225

I paid $300 for this thing man I should learn my lesson with yamato

That's how the game is played. You either be the early bird to get it while stock last or pay less later on if the supply exceeded demand. You really don't know which is the case, but it's always a good option if you are considering to get duplicate.

Guess it all depends on how many customers back out on payment.......if that happens you should be able to see VF-4's available for purchase days/weeks/months after their initial release......and the longer you wait...the bigger the discount....afterall, vendors can only take up valuable shelf space for so long before discounts are needed to "move" stock.....

I love that in the VF-4G thread people are thanking Yamato for making their toys so available and in this thread people are cursing them for having their toys go on clearance. For the record, I also WAY overpaid for my 17S and 19K.... and that sound booster.