HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Maybe they feel the upcomming 1:72 transformable VF-1 will be a hit and like the dinosaurs with their big appetite, the big price of the 1:60 stuff will drive those into extinction. You think?

Honestly had I known they were coming I might not have spent $600 combined on Alto, Hikaru, a display stand and option parts.

I hope they are not going to phase out the 1:60 like they did the 1:48.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

• 3 weeks later...

Get ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

Black-Friday-2012-Get-Ready.jpg?v=1

Choose your price!

We'll be offerering six levels of savings over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, covering a huge selection of items in all genres! We'll have items in six price categories: 500 yen, 1000 yen, 1500 yen, 2000 yen, 3000 and 5000 yen, with almost all items at least 50% or more off the normal retail price!

This sale will start at 2pm Friday November 23 JST and end 5pm Tuesday November 27 JST (that's midnight Thursday night EST to midnight Monday night PST). All prices will be clearly marked, so just grab your price and GO!

Stay tuned for more info!

And as always, thank you for all of your business with HLJ!

Scott T. Hards

President

HobbyLink Japan

The demand really isn't all that surprising. When you consider how much the community here was waiting for them, and how many pack-less VF-1 releases have come out since the last time they were available, I can only imagine how many people would want to outfit all their new VF-1s.

Personally, I never understood why the anniversary DYRL re-releases weren't bundled with strike packs to begin with. Hikaru's 1S was never even seen without them, and unless Roy jettisoned his before flying inside the Zentraedi cruiser, neither was his.

Get ready for Black Friday and Cyber Monday!

Black-Friday-2012-Get-Ready.jpg?v=1

Choose your price!

We'll be offerering six levels of savings over the Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend, covering a huge selection of items in all genres! We'll have items in six price categories: 500 yen, 1000 yen, 1500 yen, 2000 yen, 3000 and 5000 yen, with almost all items at least 50% or more off the normal retail price!

This sale will start at 2pm Friday November 23 JST and end 5pm Tuesday November 27 JST (that's midnight Thursday night EST to midnight Monday night PST). All prices will be clearly marked, so just grab your price and GO!

Stay tuned for more info!

And as always, thank you for all of your business with HLJ!

Scott T. Hards

President

HobbyLink Japan

Not a single Macross item on sale :angry:

Has anyone ever ordered something from HLJ...the item showed as low stock......and within a few minutes of ordering the item shows discontinued. I got my order confirmation but still haven't received my payment request and am concerned that I didn't get the item...a 30th anniversary YF-29........and was wondering if HLJ will still come through. Ordered Wednesday a.m. when it showed back in stock.

Chris

Well it did say low stock when I ordered it. I even re clicked the link provided in the 29 thread AFTER I ordered and it showed low stock still. Then a few minutes later it was back to being discontinued. That's why I am curious if I actually got one or not. It's strange that they hasn't sent a payment request yet IF I did.

Chris

Does anyone have recommendations for PayPal's yen conversion? I have HLJ's "PayPal Billing Agreement" and conversion options for the credit card are 1) PayPal's conversion or 2) the credit card's. I don't know about the going rates that each use but PayPal charges a 2.5% fee and MasterCard charges 3%. PayPal's fee is cheaper but their rate could be worse. A third alternative would be to use my linked bank account but I don't know what their rates & fees are.

Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

[ Edit ]: After calling around, it looks like the following:

• 2.5% PayPal fee to convert international rates
  • 3% MasterCard (it varies by card & account type)
  • 3% bank checking account

I'll try PayPal's conversion for now, funded by the credit card. Hope their exchange rate is fair compared to market rates.

Edited by grapetang

How long does it take for orders to appear in the private warehouse anyway? I got nervous when it didn't even after a couple of hours so I switched it back to ship when available, now I will have to wait for another quote for shipping. Still nothing after a day.

I picked up a few Yamato Mighty Block attachments that were part of their Black Friday sale.

I placed them in my Private Warehouse and I just got a payment request a few minutes ago...minus shipping fees.

Anyone think the Macross Quarter is worth it at that price?

I was considering it but it depends on shipping because I won't go over $140 shipped for it. You'll see them pop up for about that price in the For Sale thread or on ebay.

Edited by Benson13

Did you are already pay for your order? It won't show in the private warehouse until you pay for the item/items.

Chris

Yeah I paid for them when I ordered, but did not appear. Went and changed the option to ship when available and it just charged me with shipping today.