DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

I'm starting to poke at a download of the BD and found this little clip with voiceover. Any idea what is being said?

untitle1dh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's just the typical 'don't copy or publicly screen this' warning that is at the beginning (or ending) of most anime. It's read by Misa's voice actress to give it some flavor and actually make you pay attention which is a great idea IMO. The Frontier movie did the same thing- they had different versions done by Sheryl, Ranka and Alto to mix things up a bit tho.

Very good point, I did get something recognizable. :lol: I do kind of wonder how these film cel things work though.. do they cut up one entire movie to be divided amongst every LE set sold, or do they just reproduce some specific scenes, so some people might get duplicates?

If they aren't entirely random, I do wish they'd limit the selection to more recognizable scenes. I'd feel really bad if someone managed to get frames from in between the Zentraedi dialogue in the opening, or the bit at the end with Minmay counting, since all you'd get is a bunch of black screen. :blink:

Did anybody else pre-order from Yesasia.com? I pre-ordered the LE back in March, and it shipped on July 27, but I still haven't received it yet. Feeling pretty dumb right now for over-paying for it, paying for it in full up front, yet everybody and their brother seems to have got theirs before me! No tracking on the shipment either...

I think I got one of the better film strips. Hard to get the thing off the backing.

filmstrip.jpg

One of the better way of doing it is to put it on a white piece of paper and hold it with a light source behind it. Can be a bit awkward when trying to take a pic of it that way though.

Did anybody else pre-order from Yesasia.com? I pre-ordered the LE back in March, and it shipped on July 27, but I still haven't received it yet. Feeling pretty dumb right now for over-paying for it, paying for it in full up front, yet everybody and their brother seems to have got theirs before me! No tracking on the shipment either...

What carrier and which service? Most people here used an express one, which is why they had tracking on some of them.

What carrier and which service? Most people here used an express one, which is why they had tracking on some of them.

Unknown carrier. It qualified for free shipping, so I just went with that. I guess that's the standard service, which they say is 6-14 days to the US. I'm in the middle of that window now, but I would have guessed it would make it to Los Angeles closer to 6 days.

It's just the typical 'don't copy or publicly screen this' warning that is at the beginning (or ending) of most anime. It's read by Misa's voice actress to give it some flavor and actually make you pay attention which is a great idea IMO. The Frontier movie did the same thing- they had different versions done by Sheryl, Ranka and Alto to mix things up a bit tho.

I did get the sense she was saying something pretty important!

I got mine from YesAsia yesterday. They're a bit slow but they get there.

I don't think I got a film strip though? However I only checked the whole thing superficially. I'll unwrap everything properly later tonight.

I don't think I got a film strip though?

I had that little heart attack too! But its hidden away in the main movie bluray disc case inside the booklet (which was the last thing I opened). Good luck on a good frame!

I looked at my cel a few times but couldn't even make out what the heck it is. Could have been a zentradi ship but not sure.

Definitely not the Minmay that I was praying for.

if you don't have a scanner, hold the whole thing up against a lamp or covered lightsource and then take a photo. then post it here so someone here can tell what scene/stuff it can possibly be.

Woo hoo! I just got it today. My film strip is the scene where Hikaru is grabbing Minmay with his valkyrie as she is falling inside the SDF-1. I'll take a pic tonight.

BTW, what exactly is Macross The Musicalture all about. I assume some kind of musical? Is it animated?

Edited by sharky

Back in March I was worried about getting an LE copy, so I pre-ordered from two places that didn't have cancellation policies :(. Anyway, I ended up with two film strips, one of which would have been really cool (at least for Minmay haters :) ) if it had started a half-second earlier.

post-843-0-40424400-1344963302_thumb.jpg

post-843-0-23949800-1344963313_thumb.jpg

I still haven't opened my copy yet to see what I got. After the debacle of the edits the urge to do so just isn't there. If it wasn't for that the darn thing would have been popped opened in an instant I have it on hand. Maybe later today or this week, I have to do it sometime.

What's the bet I'm something weird? It'd be the greatest irony(am I using this word right? Eh...) if I ended up with the strips of the editied scenes.

Back in March I was worried about getting an LE copy, so I pre-ordered from two places that didn't have cancellation policies :(. Anyway, I ended up with two film strips, one of which would have been really cool (at least for Minmay haters :) ) if it had started a half-second earlier.

Aw no way! You got the aftermath of the bitchslap scene! That's a keeper :)

(not a misogynist. I swear)

Maybe I missed it in this thread, but did anyone get the PSOne game voucher to work with the PlayStation Store? When I tried it, it says invalid code - I'm assuming it might be due to regional restrictions?

never mind - looked through the thread again more carefully and found it.

Is she getting you the Limited Edition version?

And you have to create a Japanese PS account which isn't difficult. http://www.macrosswo...opic=37205&st=0 scroll down the thread and there's a tutorial on how to do it.

Edited by Phalanix