DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

Why thank you! It more than likely won't accomplish anything, but I feel it'll be the least I can do.

Don't send anything in English -- it'll be ignored. Get someone to translate what you want to say into Japanese and send that. And no, please don't ask me to do it :p

Well, I live in South America and I am about to pay 13.120 JPY SAL registered. That if I don't cancel my order due to the blur edits and useless FB2012.

If the regular version of DYRL includes the Flashback ending then I can buy that and be happy saving some bucks. But I am now realizing I got a descent price of the Hybrid from Amiami.

I will wait for more pictures of the booklet and extras. Please guys, show us some more pictures.

Both the regular and limited editions are "hybrid discs".

I will wait for more pictures of the booklet and extras. Please guys, show us some more pictures.

I put up a link with photos of pretty much everything... :(

Until I get confirmaton on the edits, I ain't buying nuthin!

http://www.macrossworld.com/2705/do-you-remember-love-bd-alterations-confirmed/

We have had official confirmation for over a week, dude.

:5: that's kind of how i feel about people mentioning the edits....sorry.

I really don't care to much about the minor changes as long as we still get the same kind of story we've come to known the last near 30 years. Finally found my tracking number so it's sittin in HK for right now, that's a bitch. Seeing how I technically paid for that sucker on monday.

Until I get confirmaton on the edits, I ain't buying nuthin!

I won't support a "Lucased" version of DYRL in ANY format.

I'll stick with my inferior but intact re-mastered DVD release and IF the movie is intact as it was back in '84 or even the remaster release then I'll drop the money to get a copy of the new BD.

@ Oihan, you express your displeasure by NOT buying the product. Speak to their wallets and most corporations will listen.

Zinjo, unfortunately I paid for the thing in full many months back. I blew the chance to cancel the order, in the short window of time we had, upon learning about the edits being on the BD. Hence my want and need to show my displeasure. I originally planned on buying a second copy of the movie, so that I could watch it and leave the LE intact and untouched...but that has gone out the window.

Edit:

Don't send anything in English -- it'll be ignored. Get someone to translate what you want to say into Japanese and send that. And no, please don't ask me to do it :p

Too late for that. ^_^ I guess I'll need to type it up again and do just that...find someone to translate it for me. Thanks for the heads up!

Again, I now fully understand how the Star Wars fans feel about the changes made to the original movies.

Edited by Oihan

:5: that's kind of how i feel about people mentioning the edits....sorry.

I really don't care to much about the minor changes as long as we still get the same kind of story we've come to known the last near 30 years. Finally found my tracking number so it's sittin in HK for right now, that's a bitch. Seeing how I technically paid for that sucker on monday.

Just because you don't care much about it doesn't mean it's a big deal. I know it's popular to mention that there's fanboy rants on message boards but the disc was released YESTERDAY. And it is a big deal. The more people accept things like this the more directors/producers/artists will feel free to change artform that has already been a part of culture for a long time. As far as I'm concerned they can change it as long as they release the original versions on a different format or if it's remastered. I find it funny that that kind of statement is coming from someone that gets offended when someone reposts their work as their own, even though it's based on someone else's creation.

Please note how the rest of the shot is focused. Also, the image is paused. No strange artifacting of any kind.

It's just that the color is so saturated and blurred that it looks like something from a newer anime.

Right now I'm wishing that I picked up DYRL and Flashback from Valkyrie Exchange back in the day. I'm pretty sure those were fan edits with subtitles. Does anyone here know how they were quality wise? This is a sad day. I only have my old VHS version from the late 80s which I'm sure is some kind of bootleg with English voices and Japanese subtitles. Also a Laser Disc version. Which is the best official DVD release?

Just because you don't care much about it doesn't mean it's a big deal. I know it's popular to mention that there's fanboy rants on message boards but the disc was released YESTERDAY. And it is a big deal. The more people accept things like this the more directors/producers/artists will feel free to change artform that has already been a part of culture for a long time. As far as I'm concerned they can change it as long as they release the original versions on a different format or if it's remastered. I find it funny that that kind of statement is coming from someone that gets offended when someone reposts their work as their own, even though it's based on someone else's creation.

I agree totally, but in his defence, I think he was only reacting to Zinjo's post about "wanting confirmation". You only need to either look at the front page or the last two dozen posts on this and the other thread to get all the "confirmation" you need, complete with sources and specific references to PR statements, news articles, and eyewitness accounts (the screenings).

I really don't care to much about the minor changes as long as we still get the same kind of story we've come to known the last near 30 years.

...At the same time, Macross II is " the same kind of story we've come to known the last near 30 years", so.... yeah. :p

I agree totally, but in his defence, I think he was only reacting to Zinjo's post about "wanting confirmation". You only need to either look at the front page or the last two dozen posts on this and the other thread to get all the "confirmation" you need, complete with sources and specific references to PR statements, news articles, and eyewitness accounts (the screenings).

Ah... I apologize then... I didn't go that far back.

But heres the REAL strip (this arrived today too) ;-)

post-9325-0-27566000-1343284974_thumb.jpg

Well, there was so many months this cel stayed alone without anybody who wants to buy it...glad you bought it^^ A real good deal, after what happened in this BD version movie...

Confirmed that CDJ shipped mine out today via SAL so it's gonna be a few weeks for me. I'm really disappointed in these edits but I'll live with it. I've never owned a legit copy of this film so...uh...yay me for supporting Macross even though Bandai and Kawamori fu*cked me over a little (maybe a lot)??? :(

Was yours a special order or one of those that were lucky enough to get into the first round orders? That may count towards it.

And you can't really blame CDJ too much when you consider those two are actually in the very country it's shipping from. The local market takes precedence.

I wish I was in Japan. I'd be breaking into a 1:1 scale VF-25 right now... nope...I'm in SoCal, USA...

I wish I was in Japan. I'd be breaking into a 1:1 scale VF-25 right now... nope...I'm in SoCal, USA...

Ahh. My mistake.

That thing is in Osaka now isn't it? I doubt they'd have taken it down if they can use it to help promote the *sigh* DYRL BDs.... If I broke in to it, I'd have a picture taken of me in the cockpit crying into my hands, subtitled "WHY KAWAMORI WHY?"

Yeah I'm going to beat that horse. It ain't dead yet anyway....

*not bitter*

Edited by Strumvogel

Ahh. My mistake.

That thing is in Osaka now isn't it? I doubt they'd have taken it down if they can use it to help promote the *sigh* DYRL BDs.... If I broke in to it, I'd have a picture taken of me in the cockpit crying into my hands, subtitled "WHY KAWAMORI WHY?"

Yeah I'm going to beat that horse. It ain't dead yet anyway....

*not bitter*

Actually no, it isnt. Its been displayed twice - for a week in Tokyo (probably when all the interview footage was taken) and 3 days in Nagoya. Whenever it gets reassembled in Osaka (unannounced as of yet) it will probably be for 2-3 days max. As a result I know plenty of locals who missed out on seeing it too, for what its worth.

Actually no, it isnt. Its been displayed twice - for a week in Tokyo (probably when all the interview footage was taken) and 3 days in Nagoya. Whenever it gets reassembled in Osaka (unannounced as of yet) it will probably be for 2-3 days max. As a result I know plenty of locals who missed out on seeing it too, for what its worth.

Soo....

Can I blame that on him too? *j/k*

That's a real pity that it's only got such a short display time. Maybe it's more fragile than we thought and can't afford to be out too much. Still it'd be nice if we can get a semi-permanent display of it somewhere.

LOL. I'd send him a picture of me standing on the giant hand mooning him with the words "blur" and "this" on each cheek.

Then he'll make this face...

Shoji_Kawamori.jpg

Still not as terrifying as the time I managed to get into a staring contest with him back '07. It only took a second and he won.

Then he made AKB0048 to punish me some more....

Edited by Strumvogel

Mine is here. Just came in via Fedex (which trumps all other shippers in speed). The box is frakkin' hot!!! Love Tenjin's work on it. All the little pieces of swag are a very nice touch, and I'm glad it came with them. In a bit, I'm going to watch the Bluray on the new t.v., so here's finger's crossed for no glitches. BTW, playing it on a PS3 that is up to date with the downloads.

I received my shipping notice from CD Japan on Wednesday, but apparently my copy is still in Japan, waiting to be dispatched. Glad I paid 4300 yen for shipping!

I noticed that the movie has a CERO rating of "B" (12 and up) while the game is rated "A" (all ages). I'm thinking it's likely the edits were done to bring the movie in line with the "B" rating. A higher rating might have hurt sales of the game. Someone mentioned Resident Evil; those games have a "D" rating (17 and up).

Rabidweezil, I think there is supposed to be a code to download the PS1 game.

My copy just came in! While it perturbed me to open the thing up, I was curious to see what film strip I got. I don't know if I have it in me to open the thing up again as I just put it everything back into the plastic sleeve. I just might buy another copy after all...... >_< :ph34r::unsure:

I went ahead and attached two images, one of the strip and one of the actual scene itself from the HD Remaster on DVD that I copied onto my HDD.

post-636-0-68806000-1343413007_thumb.jpg

post-636-0-60867700-1343413544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oihan

My copy just came in! While it perturbed me to open the thing up, I was curious to see what film strip I got. I don't know if I have it in me to open the thing up again as I just put it everything back into the plastic sleeve. I just might buy another copy after all...... >_< :ph34r::unsure:

I went ahead and attached two images, one of the strip and one of the actual scene itself from the HD Remaster on DVD that I copied onto my HDD.

Mine is the same part of footage, just taken before yours, as mine is a little bit further away, maybe? Cool stuff. BTW, I'm watching it now, and got past the part where Milia steps on the Zentraedi head. It's blurred, but you can still see it. It doesn't detract from the movie at all. It'd be nice if it wasn't blurred, but not much you can do at this point. The picture overall, is absolutely beautiful. You can see all the lights of the Macross at the beginning, the stars in the background, and what seems to be the milky way, which is something that was lost in previous versions. The bacgrounds of this are much more beautiful than I had imagined.

so those of you non-japan fans who bought from ami-ami already received your stuff, eh?

man, cdj's just frustratingly failing me. was charged 4700 4300y for EMS during the preorder and I'm still waiting for any activity on my frickin' acct or email or bank regarding this damn order.

it's already the 27th here in the US and 28th in Tokyo.

can't even goddamn cancel it even if I wanted to.

@$*$!&)($*

:angry:

Edited by treatment

so those of you non-japan fans who bought from ami-ami already received your stuff, eh?

man, cdj's just frustratingly failing me. was charged 4700y for EMS during the preorder and I'm still waiting for any activity on my frickin' acct or email or bank regarding this damn order.

@$*$!&)($*

I got mine through CD Japan.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today however the shipping in Japan was slow to catch my FedEX connecting flight. What really burns me is that I'll have to wait through the weekend looking at that FedEX Building down the street from my house since it'll probably arrive there tonight. That what I get for not opting for Saturday delivery. Time to connect the VCR to watch my Kiseki and Century group versions.

Edited by SterlingMax

man, cdj's just frustratingly failing me. was charged 4700 4300y for EMS during the preorder and I'm still waiting for any activity on my frickin' acct or email or bank regarding this damn order.

@$*$!&)($*

I'm in the same boat with CDJ...

did you order the uber-box or just the regular bd?

I ordered the LE boxset. I also paid upfront, so I don't know if that has anything to do with me getting it today vs. being in the same waiting game. I also paid via paypal. Don't know if that helps, but hope you don't have to wait too long.

I bought my LE from CDJapan and paid in full through PayPal months back. I forget which shipping option I chose, but mine shipped through FedEx on the 25th and arrived today.